A Question for All You Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Maestro

The Freeman
Reaction score
So I was looking about at motorcycles, and while I know a fair amount about cars & trucks, I admittedly know jack shit about motorcycles. Anyone know a good forum to lurk moar on for good information about motorcycles?

What are you looking for? Cross country bikes, sport bikes, racing etc....

I read the title really quickly before entering the thread as "A question for all of you". Turns out it's only for motorcycle enthusiasts and as such I'm not included. :(

;(

Honestly, it doesn't matter whether you want a sport bike (ninja), a cruiser (Harley), or something altogether different (Ural). I recommend you start with something small. I currently own 3 bikes, and have had 4 others in the past, as well as have ridden 3 others for extensive amounts of time. Don't go for anything above 750cc engine size for a starter bike. My first bike, which i still own, is a 450 Suzuki. It's small and light enough for me to maneuver it easily, while still having enough power to go on the freeway. I've heard too many stories (some from close friends) who got big bikes for their first bike, and ate shit soon after. You honestly don't need anything over 750cc unless you plan to do a LOT of highway riding (or plan to be an ass, like popping wheelies while splitting lanes. Sadly I have actually witnessed this on 880, one of the worst freeways in Nor Cal).

You should get one of the new Yami supermotos.

Probably one of the best learner bikes out there, and even when you've got some more road experience, it'll still be the most fun bike you'll ever own.

The Tomahawk was a Dodge concept vehicle introduced at the 2003 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. It had futuristic and unusual design, featuring the 500 hp (370 kW) 8.3 L (506.5 cu in) V10 SRT10 engine from the Dodge Viper.
Dodge Tomahawk

When ever I hear motorbike this is all I think of..... get one of these!

Back