A reason to hate Uwe Boll even more...

Reaction score
Filmmaker Uwe Boll has issued a press release stating that his latest movie, Seed, was made "in an attempt to disturb, horrify and awaken audiences. Boll's beliefs and attitudes towards the subject of capitol punishment, inspired and gave birth to his film creation, Seed. This disturbing film will give audiences a harsh examination of mankind's ugliest nature."

Boll said, "I wanted to make a statement with Seed. At the beginning of the film, I used extreme animal abuse footage that was given to us by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). I wanted to show the world how messed up humans are as a species. If humans were extinct and only animals inhabited Earth, our planet would survive."

The Postal director continued, "The PETA footage demonstrates that humans are not intrinsically good. People kill mercilessly, without emotion, for sport, profit and other forms of self-indulgence."

As "a big supporter of PETA," Boll has pledged that he will "commit 2.5% of all my world-wide, net profit from the distribution of Seed to (PETA)."

The official site for Seed -- starring Will Sanderson, Ralf Moeller and Michael Par? -- can be found here. The film is due out this Halloween.

From IGN

What a dick.

Although it does explain why he makes such terrible movies...he's a misanthrope.

Damnit, Germany, close that f***ing tax loophole already!

commit 2.5% of all my world-wide, net profit from the distribution of Seed to (PETA)

The PETA will not survive on just his donation

Now there's another movie I have to avoid at all costs.
If he stops making them I'd be able to watch more things that are actually good.

This is what it takes to be a film maker?

I'm going to make a movie that just shows tub.girl spewing rancid juices from her nether regions and call it "a daring expose on the twisted underbelly of mankind". And it will indeed shock and offend.

Artsy intellectuals will gather in their coffee shops with their wireless Macintosh powerbooks, discussing the symbolism and visceral imagery of my movie, choring to discover its deeper meaning. And I'll laugh all the way to the bank.

lets not jump into conclusion just yet, it might be a good movie

Is there really a way TO hate Ue boll more? I mean..I thought the peak has been reached.

a filmmography of him should been the proof that humans are evil

From IGN

What a dick.

Although it does explain why he makes such terrible movies...he's a misanthrope.

it's the one instance when I'll ever even remotely come close to giving him his due for standing up for his convictions ..although I'm not convinced he isnt using this as a shot at some shred of credibility; he's not known for being genuine or honest

PETA is so wrong in so many ways & resort to wacko extremist tactics . . . another reason I won't watch this movie.
This is what it takes to be a film maker?

I'm going to make a movie that just shows tub.girl spewing rancid juices from her nether regions and call it "a daring expose on the twisted underbelly of mankind". And it will indeed shock and offend.

Artsy intellectuals will gather in their coffee shops with their wireless Macintosh powerbooks, discussing the symbolism and visceral imagery of my movie, choring to discover its deeper meaning. And I'll laugh all the way to the bank.
So sad & so funny, because it's so true!

it's the one instance when I'll ever even remotely come close to giving him his due for standing up for his convictions

Standing up for convictions good is indeed a good thing.

But when those convictions are disgusting misanthropic rhetoric and supporting an organization like PETA (known financial and moral supporters of convicted arsonists and eco-terrorists), there is no honor.

Uwe Boll: Maker of horrible movies for a horrible species.

I wish that he would just go away and be quiet. He doesn't seem to account anywhere for how much further down his contributions to society have brought us as a species...and this film will not help at all. There are other ways to get this point across other than footage of graphic violence. Small-minded dip$h1t....

Uwe Boll: Maker of horrible movies for a horrible species.

I wish that he would just go away and be quiet. He doesn't seem to account anywhere for how much further down his contributions to society have brought us as a species...and this film will not help at all. There are other ways to get this point across other than footage of graphic violence. Small-minded dip$h1t....

especially since it's for a horror movie which pretty much makes the violence against animals a non issue to most viewers as it's a work of fiction ..it's exploitative but he's pretty transparent so I'm guessing no amount forethought will stop this from becoming another of his trademark turds

But when those convictions are disgusting misanthropic rhetoric and supporting an organization like PETA (known financial and moral supporters of convicted arsonists and eco-terrorists), there is no honor.

tenuous association to radical groups at best which doesnt in any way prove anything except questionable funding practices ...i mean Dow Chemical supplied Saddam Hussein with enough sarin toxin to kill scores of iranian soldiers but no one says **** all. I must also remind you that anyone of us can call ourselves members of peta ..all you need is a membership card. But all in all despite their politics their members are doing something positive for the welfare of animals ..can you say the same? mr bacon is good for you...
btw pigs in some tests are more intelligent than chimpanzees ..we dont eat chimpanzees

oh and most articles that are critical of peta are written by the meat/hunting industry ..makes you wonder why they're so critical

I agree with you stern. I may not like they way PETA conducts a lot of it's activities. But frankly it's scary how many people are just using PETA as an excuse to avoid a serious examinations about animal rights and their treatment.

btw pigs in some tests are more intelligent than chimpanzees ..we dont eat chimpanzees

They're just so hard to catch. At least pigs can't climb trees.

If I'm going to be cynical SOB its going to be when something has to do with PETA or with Uwe Boll. Put them together......and, well, you can guess.

90% of the time I find people cant articulate why they hate peta ..it always boils down to "...just because"

what I dont like about that peta stuff is that they look like those marxist groups but about animals

"People suck, therefore watch my movie."

The smartest thing Uwe Boll will ever come up with.

I hate PETA because of what they do and what they stand for.

The idea that animals have "rights" is nothing less than insane. How can you have rights if you are not even capable of understanding the word. Cats will never respect the rights of mice, they can't. The kitty cat prisons would be overflowing with mass murderers who consumed their victims.

Its completely alright to believe we should have self imposed guidelines on how we treat animals. Actually, thats a good thing. What makes us human is the ability to choose how we behave and to apply abstract principles to insignificant things. If it helps our conscience to think that we cause as little pain as possible, if it makes us feel good, then by all means, go for it.

But to politicize what is essentially a personal issue, something arising out of luxury (ie, no one thought of animal welfare when they are hungry) is absolutely abhorrent. PETA says man is evil, that we treat animals with great cruelty, and that animals have a RIGHT to life. They are delusional misanthropes.

Not to mention their hypocrisies such as euthanizing thousands of animals, their immature protest such as dressing up as animals and throwing blood on people, their support of ALF and other terrorists, their revisionist rhetoric that claims all dissenting opinion is due to the "meat" industry, and above all, their disregard for human f*#$ing beings. People are starving around the world, heck, people are starving in the richest nation EVER, and they want to limit our food production.

To force me, at gunpoint (all government action is violence, if I don't do what they say they stick a gun in my face and march me into a prison), through the coercive powers of government to abide by your PERSONAL TWISTED IDEOLOGY, to go against HUMAN LIBERTY in the name of "animal rights" smacks of the self-indulgence's of tyranny.

Anyway. I didn't really want to get into a huge debate.

We all hate Uwe anyway. Let's hate together. :)

Boll is definitely going to make a cameo appearance in this movie.

baconisgood4you said what I was thinking.

More on topic though, how is people on people violence better than people vs animals? How is a cat getting eaten or mauled worse than a person getting mauled? So far as it seems Uwe Boll has no qualms about having people die violently onscreen (isn't he making a Postal movie?) so how exactly are animals more privileged?

These stupid double standards are what pisses me off about some activists.

lrn2logickthnxbai

Wow...he is donating 2.5% of his profit? That must be a lot. Let's see...what is 2.5% of 0? Oh wait, 0. Again Uwe Boll fails at life. I hope all of his kids have birth defects.

The idea that animals have "rights" is nothing less than insane. How can you have rights if you are not even capable of understanding the word. Cats will never respect the rights of mice, they can't. The kitty cat prisons would be overflowing with mass murderers who consumed their victims.

Its completely alright to believe we should have self imposed guidelines on how we treat animals. Actually, thats a good thing. What makes us human is the ability to choose how we behave and to apply abstract principles to insignificant things. If it helps our conscience to think that we cause as little pain as possible, if it makes us feel good, then by all means, go for it.

But to politicize what is essentially a personal issue, something arising out of luxury (ie, no one thought of animal welfare when they are hungry) is absolutely abhorrent. PETA says man is evil, that we treat animals with great cruelty, and that animals have a RIGHT to life. They are delusional misanthropes.

Not to mention their hypocrisies such as euthanizing thousands of animals, their immature protest such as dressing up as animals and throwing blood on people, their support of ALF and other terrorists, their revisionist rhetoric that claims all dissenting opinion is due to the "meat" industry, and above all, their disregard for human f*#$ing beings. People are starving around the world, heck, people are starving in the richest nation EVER, and they want to limit our food production.

To force me, at gunpoint (all government action is violence, if I don't do what they say they stick a gun in my face and march me into a prison), through the coercive powers of government to abide by your PERSONAL TWISTED IDEOLOGY, to go against HUMAN LIBERTY in the name of "animal rights" smacks of the self-indulgence's of tyranny.

We all hate Uwe anyway. Let's hate together. :)

Human Babies aren't capable of understanding the word "right" either, but they still do get rights don't they. Even more so because of it. PETA may do a lot of things wrong, but recognizing the suffering of so many animals is not one of them.

Now in nature there are no laws, so any law that is made, is based upon human morals, PETA simply extends those morals to animals. Simply justifying something because it's natural is twisted in itself, since that would mean you should trow every human law in to the bin. Especially anti rape laws, since rape is nothing more then the stronger overcoming the weaker and is evolutionary perfectly acceptable , just like animals on the higher en of the food chain killing animals on the lower end to feed on them. The suffering of animals and a reexamination of their treatment should not be beyond the realm of discussion and even the possibility of abolition of some form of farming.

Maybe they want to much done, seeing as with our current level of technology doing what they propose would mean a lot of people would starve to death.
But would so many humans really starve to death if we prevent some sick torture on KFC farms, by putting surveillance, or better inspection.

Yes it would make meat more expensive, yes it would mean less people would be able to buy meat and food, but maybe we should not try to solve that by making the live of farm animals more miserable before we kill them so meat is cheaper. We should try to look at why there are people that could afford truckloads of bacon every day while there are others that can't even afford one. And try to solve that problem by a better distribution of wealth.

Human babies WILL understand the world. Cats will NEVER EVER DO.

even the mentally handicapped/hopelessly stupid ones? they're fully cognizant of the world around them?

please, intelligence is NOT deterent to being slaughtered ..if anything we could stand to lose a few million people ...I nominate the stupid ..and not the mentally handicapped kind, just those who are willfully stupid

The idea that animals have "rights" is nothing less than insane. How can you have rights if you are not even capable of understanding the word.

so then why do the mentally handicapped have rights? the only answer possible is because they're human ..so understanding plays no part ..type of species does

Cats will never respect the rights of mice, they can't. The kitty cat prisons would be overflowing with mass murderers who consumed their victims.

you dont seem to understand what animals rights are ..it's about one issue alone: whether animals are property in terms of right to avoid suffering ..the legality is sound in most jurisdictions: anti-cruelty laws

Its completely alright to believe we should have self imposed guidelines on how we treat animals. Actually, thats a good thing. What makes us human is the ability to choose how we behave and to apply abstract principles to insignificant things. If it helps our conscience to think that we cause as little pain as possible, if it makes us feel good, then by all means, go for it

good ..therefore you agree with animal rights ..case closed

again you have no idea as to waht peta does ..that much is apparent ..PETA: people for the ethical treatment of animals

they protest the treatment of animals as a human resource, nothing more ..they're industry watchdogs for the animal processing industry, animal testing etc

Not to mention their hypocrisies such as euthanizing thousands of animals,

again more misinformation fed to you by the meat/hunting industry: peta euthanizes thousands of animals a year not because they relish in an orgy of animal sacrifice as you seem to suggest but rather because many of the animals they rescue are so badly damaged that they have no choice ..it's humane to end their suffering

why else would you euthanize an animal?

..but of their immature protest such as dressing up as animals and throwing blood on people, their support of ALF and other terrorists

bullshit they do not support terrorism ..again anyone can join peta anyone can then donate $ to white supremacy groups ..does that mean peta donates $ to white supremacy groups?

their revisionist rhetoric

that phrase makes no sense without context ..revising of what?

that claims all dissenting opinion is due to the "meat" industry,

it is, search Peta. Example from first page google search:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com "PETA Kills Animals" is a project of the Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF)"

The Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF), formerly called the Guest Choice Network, is a non-profit tax-exempt 501(c)(3) U.S. lobby group.[1] The Center for Consumer Freedom does not publicly release its funding sources, but the group states that it is “supported by restaurants, food companies and more than 1,000 concerned individuals”

The latest available IRS Form 990, for the 2004 calendar year, lists directors as Richard Berman, Jacob Dweck, David Browne, Lane Cardwell, and John Doyle as Secretary and Treasurer. All received nominal $250 salaries, except Berman, who received $18,000. The board of directors is the same as the American Beverage Institute

and above all, their disregard for human f*#$ing beings. People are starving around the world, heck, people are starving in the richest nation EVER, and they want to limit our food production.

again you have no idea as to what peta actually does ..not once have they ever stated they're trying to limit food consumption ..PETA: People for the ETHICAL TREATMENT of animals

what? that makes no sense whatsoever ..in no way does peta limit personal freedom

I didnt either however I cant stand when people have knee-jerk reactions to peta ..simply saying Peta will more than guarentee flames from people who are more outraged by what they think Peta is rather than what Peta actually is ...I said this earlier and I stand by it:

cptstern said:
90% of the time I find people cant articulate why they hate peta ..it always boils down to "...just because"

I've actually always wondered why so many people say they hate PETA. I guess 90% of them just jumped on the badnwagon

I need to make a movie showing predator animals eating other animals alive, screaming in pain. Other animals attacking each other in turf wars, animals enslaving others to work for them, animals being mindless and following the orders of the leader of their colony.

Then once I finish that documentary on the US Government I will be assassinated.

I don't dislike PETA for their stance, I just dislike them for the sheer insanity that seems to grab hold of a lot of its core members. Its not a problem with just PETA, but its one of the larger special interest groups out there. Its the same problem I have with political parties, anti and pro-gun groups, and half of the people involved with the global warming debate.

I've actually always wondered why so many people say they hate PETA. I guess 90% of them just jumped on the badnwagon

If anything supporting PETA would be jumping the bandwagon, considering the rise in vegetarians/vegans and people spouting off PETA talking points recently. In my circles it's hardly popular to hate PETA.

However, I can certainly see where both camps come from. I'm not entirely apathetic to their cause. There is no reason to cause undue torment to animals when slaughtering them for food. I also don't like the genetic modification that and terrible living conditions that animals are put through, though to be honest it's more because I think it affects the quality of the food than for humanitarian causes. I would consider myself a PETA supporter ... but unfortunately the organization is entirely hypocritical, backwards, and just ****ing crazy. If a more reasoned, rational group would attack the issue I think it'd see much more widespread support.

I'm the top of the food chain and I'm going to enjoy it. Vegetarians are prey.

Back