Uwe Boll Will Quit Making Movies with One Million Signatures

Reaction score
Saw this on Digg. As the title says, German director Uwe Boll has been quoted as saying he'll retire from filmmaking if enough people want him to. When asked how many is 'enough', he said one million signatures would convince him.

Sign the petition here

If you've been living under a rock for the past decade and have no idea who Uwe Boll is and/or why he's so hated, look no further than this trailer. Boll is infamous for making laughably poor video game-to-movie adaptations, including House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, and Bloodrayne, all of which were critically panned.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/06/uwe-boll-will-quit-making-movies-with-one-million-signatures/

Signed. :D

Not even 30,000 yet... hopefully that peaks when enough people hear about it.

I will bet you One Million Dollars, that these One Million Signatures will not cause him to quit.

I agree, very unlikely ^^ but...one can always hope though.

Actually, right now I wish Jason Shitberg and Aaron Seltzer would give a similiar promise.

I will bet you One Million Dollars, that these One Million Signatures will not cause him to quit.

agreed

"yes I agreed I would quit but ....nope, changed my mind"

it's like that Penny Arcade exchange with Jack Thompson where he promised to give $10,000 to PA charity is a company would make a game that Jack wanted ..within days someone made the game and Jack thompson renegged on the deal ..Uwe is cut from the same cloth as Jack

Honestly, I also doubt he'd make good on his word, but I'd still love to see this reach the one million mark because he clearly doesn't expect it to, such is his ego.

it's like that Penny Arcade exchange with Jack Thompson where he promised to give $10,000 to PA charity is a company would make a game that Jack wanted ..within days someone made the game and Jack thompson renegged on the deal ..Uwe is cut from the same cloth as Jack
Actually he was technically correct in that because he specifically stated that the game would have to be released the next year, and it was released in the same year.

It's at 68164 signatures.

This is easily going to get a million.

Signed. Not that it will do any good...

The thing is he probably wouldn't be surprised if the 1 million mark is reached. He knows he sucks at making movies, but he does it anyway.:|

Signed, only because if/when it hits 1 mil. we'll get to see Uwe welch on this deal and further prove what a tool he is.

Signed, and am loling. It's already over 100k.

If anything, this thing will just provide us more fuel to ridicule Uwe Boll, as a liar this time who isn't true to his word.

We must also make an effort to bring this to national media attention once it hits 1 million and he continues to make movies. Muahaha.

Signed, it has 10x more votes now than when I saw it yesterday :D

119350. Barack Obama This is the kind of change America needs :p

I like it, even though I haven't seen any of his movies.

I have never seen a Uwe Boll movie nor probably will I. I will say though that with Uwe's movies they come and go without a peep but whenever a shitty safe comedy from Will Ferrel or Adam Sandler is coming out they make god damn sure you know and the chromosome lacking, fat tongued, Pete Rose haircut sporting dummies take their obese, open mouth breathing, stupid kids to see it and laf and laf.

blech

ps/ I did not sign because unlike most whiny faggots I know not to see a Uwe Boll movie or anything for that matter I don't or know I won't like.

There goes Uwe Boll's chance of an Oscar.

*don't flame me, Uwe Boll would turn the Oscar into worthlessness, do you think he deserves one!?*

EDIT: Wait, Doctor Uwe Boll???

I haven't seen any of his movies either. The great thing about Uwe Boll is that you don't need to see any of his movies to know that he's a ****head. I mean, just take the Something Awful article about him as an example.

I signed, because the guy is a retard and must be silenced.

effin stupid to make petitions like that. Seriously, "silence" Uwe, "Uwe needs to die" etc.
ridiculous.
Don't watch his movies. Someone obviously enyoys it, becouse he keeps making more.
Even thou it amazes me, becouse alone in the dark sucked. I havent seen any other owe movie.
Whatever. Signed.

This one's more amusing than usual because he directly challenged it.

Uwe is cut from the same cloth as Jack
What makes you say that? Sure they're both "enemies" of gamers, but Jack and Uwe are completely different. It sounds like you're saying that anyone who is harming the general intelligence of gamers is obviously someone who is going to go back on their word. I see no connection there.

I honestly think he'll go through with it if it reaches 1 mil.

What makes you say that? Sure they're both "enemies" of gamers, but Jack and Uwe are completely different. It sounds like you're saying that anyone who is harming the general intelligence of gamers is obviously someone who is going to go back on their word. I see no connection there.

I think he means that they're spun from the thread of the jackass plant, on the spinning wheel of idiocy, in the land of asshatistan.

I think he meant they're both morons/douchebags/detestable ****ing people. Which is true.

Maybe he would honor his word, but I strongly doubt it.

Back