A Tomb Raider Game I Actually Want To Play

And that demo just put me right off it again. Combat looks boring and that "OMG SURVIVAL" segment was ultra contrived. Call it a nitpick, but how are you controlling Lara in the rapids when all she's doing is flailing helplessly?

PC Gameplay from the start of the game.

As a guy that played the originals, I just wish they just stuck to a design instead of constantly changing her looks. From TR:A to Underworld, they kept changing her looks. But the reason for the change this time was giving her smaller chest is an attempt to appeal to a larger demographic, political correctness and stuff. It's like when Wonder Woman got pants in the comics, and people (the male demographic) bitched to DC to no end.

I think its ironic were complaining about the QTE, considering we all love Far Cry 3 which also has quick time events. But so far, it looks like this game will cut down on them a bit compared to the previous crystal dynamics' Tomb Raider games. I hate QTE as well, but it only bothers me if it is something like "Quick Time Events: The Game" like NFS: The Run.

Anyways, Squarenix has been pretty good at PC ports lately. Look at Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex: HR.

I'm enjoying it so far (granted not got that far, used a VPN to unlock it early to grab this footage), plenty of PC video options like Tessellation, textures, shadows etc. I enjoyed the last 3 Tomb Raiders under CD but they were beginning to get stale again.

I wonder, is there a limited FOV? PC gamer was going to say in their review of the game but was under NDA by Crystal Dynamics/Squarenix.

Glad I never pre-ordered this. Looks boring as hell.

I wonder, is there a limited FOV? PC gamer was going to say in their review of the game but was under NDA by Crystal Dynamics/Squarenix.

There's no FOV option, doesn't really need one though.

Glad I never pre-ordered this. Looks boring as hell.

That's just the start of the game, it gets a lot better.

Part 2 if anyone's still interested in the game.

But the reason for the change this time was giving her smaller chest is an attempt to appeal to a larger demographic, political correctness and stuff.
Orrrrrr she's much younger in this one and/or they thought it would look even less plausible than it already did with the new gritty/realistic approach? But nah I'm sure it was political correctness. I mean it'd look pretty un-PC if she was being submitted to horrible tortures and rapes with DDs, haha!

Orrrrrr she's much younger in this one and/or they thought it would look even less plausible than it already did with the new gritty/realistic approach? But nah I'm sure it was political correctness. I mean it'd look pretty un-PC if she was being submitted to horrible tortures and rapes with DDs, haha!

I could have sworn the dev's say she just came out of College, you don't get DD or F sized cups suddenly later on if you have only a B or a C cup. Only way naturally Lara would grow a considerable amount is if she gets pregnant later.

I'd agree with Lara having a weirdly shaped body for an a human being (tiny waist and huge boobs). There is ways to make a realistic Lara Croft without going full blown Nolan-esque, big boobs doesn't make someone any less plausable than someone that's flat chested. Then Scarlett Johansson, Christina Hendricks, Sofia Vergara and Kat Dennings wouldn't exist!

But the reason for the change this time was giving her smaller chest is an attempt to appeal to a larger demographic, political correctness and stuff.
Yep, totally. They gave her a tiny chest and are keeping the game totally PC. They're keeping it strictly mature to open it up to a wider audience.

d8Dkdfe.jpg

I'm just glad they reduced the size of her t...ombs, they were a bit big in the previous games.

Yep, totally. They gave her a tiny chest and are keeping the game totally PC. They're keeping it strictly mature to open it up to a wider audience.

d8Dkdfe.jpg

That was before I bought the game, smart ass.

In the promotional screenshots and trailers, she looked flat chested. In the final product, now she's back to how she was in Tomb Raider Underworld.

tombunderworld.jpg

I think it looks fun but I enjoyed Resi 5 and Black Ops 2 so therefore I'm the cancer that's killing video games.

I could have sworn the dev's say she just came out of College, you don't get DD or F sized cups suddenly later on if you have only a B or a C cup. Only way naturally Lara would grow a considerable amount is if she gets pregnant later.

I'd agree with Lara having a weirdly shaped body for an a human being (tiny waist and huge boobs). There is ways to make a realistic Lara Croft without going full blown Nolan-esque, big boobs doesn't make someone any less plausable than someone that's flat chested. Then Scarlett Johansson, Christina Hendricks, Sofia Vergara and Kat Dennings wouldn't exist!
I was more suggesting that there might be reasons for making an artistic decision like this that don't come down to being PC. It seems like an unusual assumption given the game's more mature subject matter (regardless of how well they handle it, which I'm kind of curious to find out).

It's nice you can rattle off a list of big chested celebrities at will, though.

I've read mostly stellar reviews so far, and supposedly the game opens way up after the introduction. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Well, there isn't exactly "tomb raiding" in this game. It's Lara's origin story. Climbing is rather scarce in this game, so I'll agree with that.

I wouldn't exactly say looting boxes to upgrade an axe a "puzzle" - there's some puzzles there, but later in the game.

No really, Lara wears a sports bra in this one (like Chell). But you couldn't tell how well built she is until Crystal Dynamics had zoomed in shots of her chest in the course of the game. In Underworld Ms Croft is less covered and everything is skin tight.

Well, there isn't exactly "tomb raiding" in this game. It's Lara's origin story. Climbing is rather scarce in this game, so I'll agree with that.

I wouldn't exactly say looting boxes to upgrade an axe a "puzzle" - there's some puzzles there, but later in the game.

There are more than a few tombs off the beaten track (around seven if I remember), which have mild puzzles at least.

Isn't Angry Joe that one guy with really bushy eyebrows? He could fit right in at a pizzeria. He could be the chef that yells at everybody but ends up looking like a babbling fool. Oh wait he does that already with his reviews. What an aficionado.

lol Angry Joe. Pumped-up, self-important internet personality who can't decide if he wants to be a quirky character forever cosplaying as himself, shouting about video games in front of a spaceship green screen while proclaiming himself the "voice of the people," or an actual games journalist (lack of gravitas notwithstanding). You think his reviews are bad? Try his interviews.

Sorry for the derail. Gotta go post this to /r/cringe now.

Well to be fair Geoff came off as a jerk during the interview but my God that Joe can regurgitate the same shit for a good 24 minutes. He was repeating himself far too often.

Ugh that guy is horrible. AVGN ripoff, except he is not good. At all. He's a nobody, a youtube video maker... What does he expect? VIP treatment?

But that interview was cringe worthy lmao PUTS HIM ON HIS BACK FOOT.

EDIT: ****, I'm watching it and it just gets worse and worse. He tries to justify how Geoff destroyed him in the interview "IT WAS LIKE TWO JUGGERNAUTS GOING AT IT, I GOT HIM WHERE I WANT HIM". :rolleyes:

Back