A very merry HL2.net Christmas giveaway!

"at random", eh?

Basically I'm going to create a basic random number generator in C++ that will generate a number between post 2 and lastPost. Then we will verify that the user has used only one account to enter.

Before we run it, we will close the thread and delete any extra posts you guys might have left. In other words, the first post is your entry post.

Ha! I knew it would be a good idea to register at Halflife2.net.
Pick me, pick me, pick me!

Poastin'!

It's real nice of you guys to do this. I was really bummed when I had to sell my copy of Raising the Bar, this would certainly help make up for that.

valvepv1p2.jpg

May the best man win!

And a merry Christmas to you all :)

Posting in anticipation of seeing a 1-post member win!

I'm betting this thread hits 150+ by the 25th.

never read any of the books before hope i get a chance to read them! :)

I think Thinkgeek is also selling this. Hope I win though!

This is my entry comment. Prize looks interesting, I've never actually read any books based off games.

I had no idea something like this existed. If I don't win, I might go grab one myself just to have... even though I've no doubt read all of them.

But will it be personally delivered by Gabe Newell dressed as Santa?

I'm in! I'm with Selkcip.... Gabe as Santa... In a sleigh pulled by bullsquids.... wrapped up in a box to look like a Companion Cube! Awesome!

And the lurkers have come out to play... :D

By the way the ad on Darkhouse doesn't do much justice in giving you the "feel" of the actual book itself, but it's a solid and beautiful comic book. It's nice enough that you want to display it on your desk or a shelf. The pages and color are quality, too!

Back