About steam, HL2 and isdn

G

Will steam be introduced with HL2 multiplayer? I heard some rumours it will include....

Nowadays I can play CS and other HL mods without lag (ping 60 - 80 )

Will HL2 multiplayer still be playable with isdn?

Originally posted by sharp
Will steam be introduced with HL2 multiplayer? I heard some rumours it will include....

Nowadays I can play CS and other HL mods without lag (ping 60 - 80 )

Will HL2 multiplayer still be playable with isdn?
yes. HL2 will include steam i hear. A thread about this was posted before hand.

But will Hl2 still be playable with isdn? cause hl1 is playable with isdn...

Who knows what the netcode will be like, only thing you can do is wait. Most likely though, you should be able to play using isdn. Valve says even low-end systems will be able to play HL2 so maybe they'll tweak the netcode so slow connections can play too. *shrugs*

hmm.. I dont know.. I mean the levels are much more complex.. and some psychics are server side and some are client side. and the machine on wich you play it has nothing to do with the pings. but I think 128k isdn would be absolute minimum. (no 60/80 ping but 200/300 I think)

I am safe. I have a 1/2 mbit connection and moving on to a 8 mbit connection next month :)

why do people keep asking these typed of quesions when none of us have played it ?

i'm sure they will support your connection. the only PC game that i know about that odesnt like 56Kers (i hate them too, but whatever....) is BF1942....

Bf doesnt like anything :p In beta the nextcode was okay though, and i think it ran faster then on my low end computer.

Back