about that crowbar, and other things

blood is gonna be red for humans green/red for aliens and pink in germany and usa causs red blood is making kids turn all nazi and commy like on our asses :p

Apparently, I didn't consider that issues with demo playback may be the culprit, not the game engine itself. Now that I think about it, it makes much more sense.

It's a lot like multiplayer prediction: the demo knows what's going to happen because it's pre-recorded, but it still has to work with the engine to produce the images. Because the demo is just a relatively infrequently sampled record of various object states in the game, however, it isn't pixel or even frame-by-frame accurate, so events are interpolated, creating the timing disparities and microsecond lags in various events in relation to each other.

Indeed, what we saw as "hiccups" in the action on the movies may have nothing at all to do with CPU or graphics card issues: it might well just have everything to do with the demo playback.

Things that also appear to have fixes in the work since the demos were recorded: correcting the sparks that shine through solid objects, and adding death animations/signals (which looked to be a problem in the movies: like when you crowbar that headcrab, and it falls back down and lands normally: how are you supposed to tell that it is now dead?).

Minor faults that Valve gonna fix I think... Maybe they are spying on this forum ^_^ hwo knows !!

lol we dont know it but we are the unoffical beta video viewer testers pointing out all that it wrong that they couldnt comprehend, we are the penicle of the peak my dear friends join me and unite or wither and die.
or somfin... like that.. i think valve knows wut they have to fix and that it will be fixed either before or after the release.

Originally posted by Laguna
Minor faults that Valve gonna fix I think... Maybe they are spying on this forum ^_^ hwo knows !!

Damn, theyre on to me... :borg:

Anyway :p
One thing is weird in the movie with the 2 Zombies, the birds are pecking on them, but they just sit there :x

figge
Damn, theyre on to me...

doesnt really help your cover if u announce it...thought valve was smarter than that...:p

maybe the zombies like it...

Edit:err how do u do qoutes part where is say originally post by: so and so

Originally posted by KiNG
figge

doesnt really help your cover if u announce it...thought valve was smarter than that...:p

The night of the kinky living dead :afro:

Originally posted by figge
Damn, theyre on to me... :borg:

Anyway :p
One thing is weird in the movie with the 2 Zombies, the birds are pecking on them, but they just sit there :x

did I miss something ? what movie whas that ? and can some1 email me the download link ? [email protected]

Its the big one..... 603MB... sorry dont have a link... gomenaasai.

Try look around in the forum

i don't know about the blood sprites, i notices them too, and i think they could be okay if they got down what parts of a zombie you'd have to hit to make alien blood, and what parts you'd have to make human looking red blood.. also the animation for the crowbar looks pretty weak.. i also believe that just because there have been reports that they aren't going to be adding any new ideas into the source since last year.. i still think they'd have it open for tweaking untill the game goes gold..
i just thought of this.. has anyone considered the apparent reaction (breaking wood, falling footsoldier) before action (swinging crowbar, moving bar) ... could be caused by the way that demos are recorded/played in the new engine, although it's similar to the hl1 engine, i'm sure it might have something to do with it.. i've seen some pretty crazy stuff by watching demos that have been recorded with the hl1 engine in mods like cs or tfc.

Originally posted by KiNG
figge

Edit:err how do u do qoutes part where is say originally post by: so and so

in each message field you have your user buttons.. like website and home.. and ther is also a small word that says.. quote.. klick on it

Hmm .. I just thought of another thing:
At the end of the sequence with the buggy, gordon jumps out of the car and starts blasting that flying thing. now when he hides from its fire behind the tank / car wrecks and it hits the cover insted, you can actually see the sparks through the vehicles (the spark indicating where the bullets hit). Watch the movie again and look for this, you'll know what I mean

edit: its being fixed then GREAT :E :E :E

Originally posted by FireBall
Hmm .. I just thought of another thing:
At the end of the sequence with the buggy, gordon jumps out of the car and starts blasting that flying thing. now when he hides from its fire behind the tank / car wrecks and it hits the cover insted, you can actually see the sparks through the vehicles (the spark indicating where the bullets hit). Watch the movie again and look for this, you'll know what I mean
you can notice this in other movies too, just bumping into barrels creates sparks which can be seen through them.. or when they use the anti-gravity gun in the game it sometimes creates sparks which can be seen through barrels.. it might be a problem in the way the sprites are rendered.. it might also be fixed by now, or different then it actually looks in the e3 movies.

its just a bug.. and I am sure it will be fixed before release.. so dont worry. and I they dont use sprites anymore I think.. but particles.

yeah if they dont use sprites, fix those clipping problems and fix the crowbar, this game will be flawless :)

Look at the halflife2.net frontpage...no more worries about birds and crowbars!

Good grief, check the previous page: sparks showing through objects is being fixed, and the interpolation problems ARE from the demo recording process. I just said that!

"The crowbar has only just been included for E3 and will be closer to the original when finished"

its a quote

Back