Achievements incoming...

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, we enter the week inwhich the episode 1 and half life 2 achievements will be released. So how do we think achievements will go, how will they work and will they be extremely similar to the 360 versions or will we get special privilages...

Also, we get new graphic improvements for both games :) DISCUSS!!!

Will the graphic improvements contain all graphic-related new Episode 2 content?

umm where the hell did they say that they would give us the graphical goodies for our old games? i only know of the achievements.

It was said that since xbox 360 and PS3 owners had the graphical improvements such as ep2 advisor skins in hl2 and ep1 and better HDR lighting that the PC owners would not be left out for being faster when buying....

And by discuss, I mean talk about wether you will bother to play Hl2 again or just say 'Cant be arsed' etc

I Want New Source Engine And Hdr In Hl2 !

It was said that since xbox 360 and PS3 owners had the graphical improvements such as ep2 advisor skins in hl2 and ep1 and better HDR lighting that the PC owners would not be left out for being faster when buying....

And by discuss, I mean talk about wether you will bother to play Hl2 again or just say 'Cant be arsed' etc

well actually i was talking about this week. i know its going to happen soon but they never said this week.

im talking about the graphical updates btw. the achievements are coming this week.

I'am going to play though HL2 and EP1 as soon as we get the achievements I've been holding off playing them till we got the update.
Anyone know if this will include the graphical updates or are they coming later.

I do hope they don't add in those new shotgun guys to the old game. That was a dumb move by Valve on the XBox.

I think there will be some hard challenges inHL2 and beyond for the 360 but we don't really know yet us Pc users as HL2 and beyond has never really been on the 360 with achievements.

I don't think they will just add the 'Shock Troopers' to Hl2 and Ep1 but if anyone has Gmod Beta 2007, will know that garry found an extra new skin for the nova prospekt guards, again with red eyes, so we may be seeing new shock trooper guards...

Red-eyed nova prospekt soldiers are just a way to warn the players about these specific enemies being more dangerous than the mp7 ones

If the source engine from Ep2 was implemented in HL2, it'd make modding much better - things from the former would be able to be included, with only HL2 being required.

And little needs to be discussed.

That's because you're needlessly pedantic. :D

Found it really annoying and totally patronising when a guy with orange goggles came round the corner. I was like "Argh! Valve!! I know he's carrying a bloody shotgun! ARGH!!" *sticks it to the man*

I never looked at any soldier's eyes...pump them full of lead, steal their ammo, rinse and repeat.

But they're the best bit. The part where you can pull them up close, stare them in the face, stick your shotgun into their chest and not say "stick it, punk!"

I so totally liked the idea of them being scouts in Episode 2.

Ok, its Thursday and no TF2 medic achievements....

*sniffs*

Valve time...

Acheivements are about as useful as "ratings" on facepunstudios.

Quit crying and they'll eventually be added in.

Lol, sorry, it just gets annoying... :(

That "Valve time" joke is old, just shut up.

wrong!

the valve time joke is a major character of valve

without it.......well

we would have our games on time

but thats not the point

O FORGET IT!

I dun care how many posts you get Xendance, you will never have the authority to tell noobs to 'Shut up'.

Update this morning!!!

But no achievements...:(

ITS FRIDAY, HURRY UP, 1 DAY LEFT IN THE WEEK!!

"I'll tell you what I told Redford: It ain't gonna happen."

Dammit i was hoping to have these updates by weekend.Come on Valve whats the hold up

Weird Hl2 and Lost coast update...
It has rendered Hl2 and Lost Coast files corrupted and steam is now unable to download the files it needs, is this it or is this valve screwing up, big time...

Still waiting

*Looks at watch in an impatient manner*

for those who didnt notice, there was an update saying the achievements will be here in the upcoming weeks.

Ummm... this may be a stupid question, but do I get anything for getting 100% achievements or is it only for the player's amusement?

This actually insane, the update news informed us that the TF2 Medic was going to have 36 achievements, what about the other 9... will that mean we will have 341 achievements in the end (including ones we have now)

Jesus, what 36 different things can you do as a medic that aren't just stacks?

Back