Achievements Unlocker = Fail

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>[br]

TF Announcer is pissed off at you who used an Achievements unlocker program to earn achievements without any effort and get access to the new Scout's unlockables. So she decided to take these items from the perpetrators for one week.

Honestly.[br]

Please, do take a cursory glance at the missive directly below this one. Take care to notice its author, and the dismally recent date of its posting.[br]

Now imagine how profound my disappointment, to be called back again so soon to adminster justice to the melon-headed few of you who persist in fraudulence. I'd just sat down with the two things I enjoy most in life — the most recent issue of Punishment Monthly and a carton of cigarettes — when the alarm sounded. I feel like a dog owner who's rubbed her pet's nose in a mess on the carpet, only to turn around and discover it setting fire to the drapes.[br]

This time it seems a number of you used an external application to unlock all of your achievements in order to get items unfairly. Coming as a surprise to no one with the ability to retain memories of the recent past, I have taken these items from the perpetrators for one week.[br]

Can I trust that this episode has finally taught you a lesson? I should live so long. Having watched how the sorry lot of you comport yourselves on the battlefield and in the forums, I would consider it a small miracle to trust one of you enough to lick stamps without asphyxiating.[br]

My magazine awaits.

Can't blame them, they want the items without doing meaningless things. While I find them amusing, I may as well have done the same (though this obviously is a lesson to be learned)

I would care more but A) its not that important and B) Unlocks and achievements only add to the "hey look at my massive cock" syndrome that effects so many online gamers, even though they are 12, don't have any balls and haven't talked to a girl without a store name badge or been told to go away.

You'll notice they are only taken away for 1 week, so its obvious even Valve know fine a game with haves and have-nots and the elitism it supports isn't a game the vast bulk of folk want to play.

Still have all my weapons after using the unlocker straight away.

Lol @ you grinders.

Ha, i didn't lose them cause i didn't unlock all my achievement's at once. I used the unlocker to unlock them in stages and i still got my weapons. It's just like that old Acheivement unlock command, those who unlocked them all at once got them removed while those who unlocked a few got to keep em. Please Valbe don't disable the achievement unlocker i hate girding.

Am I wierd for just getting unlocks through normal play without trying, grinding or using an unlocker?

They should implement this into VAC. Then the ****ers will think twice... I see this as hardly any better than hacking....

Heh, funny to read this 1 min after unlocking 10 achievements :D

I've only unlocked achievements that were tedious or trivial to do, in order to get a new weapon.

They should implement this into VAC. Then the ****ers will think twice... I see this as hardly any better than hacking....

Except that, you know, hacking hurts other people.

Now hang on there. How have i using that tool harmed you? It's not like i'm using an aimbot or seeing you though walls, all i've done is unlocked a few weapons. It no worse than using an achievement server. Also i can't get VAC banned as the rules state you have to be hacking in a VAC secure server to be banned, which the tool doesn't do. Just go cry some more.

They should have lost all their unlockables and achievements permanently.

Reported to Valve, along with your steamid.

Internet tough guy much?

Achievements are for xbox and if you must have them do not connect them to unlocks or anything stupid like that. Systems like those used in Battlefield 2/2142 are fine however as they do not rely on the player doing stupid shit and actually encourage you to play the damn game. I don't like being told "ZOMG YOU JUST DID THIS LOL AWESOME" It's annoying just let me play the game without bugging me whenever I do something special.

I'm pretty sure it is detected by VAC. It's tweaking program memory so running it whilst in a VAC server will get you hit. Of course depending on the tool you use you don't even need to launch the game.

Joke or not doing so would make you an internet tough, that's kinda the point I was trying to make. Just spend 10 minutes on steampowered and it's all serious business regarding unlockers.

See I don't like this and the other time they did it. What makes them tell you how you should play the game your purchased? It's not game breaking at all it's just Valve getting angry that people are using the program. Well I say fix it Valve. Valve has issues just like the Medic pack. In L4D you can still use cheats to get the achievements. In my other video some guy was taunting us for not using the program. I basically said that was lame and had to do some effort to get them. It's hard coordinating illiterate pubbers to do the achievements. You got the people who just kill, then you got the people who are speaking Russian, etc.

Eh, I fully support those using the unlocker. Tiered, reward based items in a competitive FPS are out of place and downright stupid. Achievements are fun, but should never by any means be necessary to complete on a level playing field.

I don't honestly care or play enough to warrant the use of such programs, and if I did, I'd still probably want to unlock the items the normal way, but who really gives a toss?

I don't care for "achievements". Never cared for them on Xbox Live nor Battlefield 2. It's one of the reasons why i stopped playing BF 2 altogether. I don't have the time nor the interest for any of them.
If i want to grind, i'll go play an MMO. New weapons should be instantly available for everybody to enjoy. They should not be tied to a shitty game mechanic such as achievements.

Cheaters need to go and burn. Valve wins.

I don't think Valve themselves really care. A weeks ban is no big deal, even though they didn't catch me:p I think they did that just to show they know about it and to stop all the people who earned them crying that people unlocked them without any effort reducing the size of their E-penis

If people were clever they wouldn't have unlocked them all at once. I used the unlocker in stages unlocking a bunch every 10-15 mins as not to get flagged, and i haven't had my weapons removed. The system checks how many achievement's you got within a timeframe if you got them all within seconds then your flagged.
They are using the same system they used with the old achievement command. Those who used the _all command got them reset while those who did it manually and unlocked them in stages did not.

Meh, let the losers hack for their achievements. I find getting them legitimately to be much more satisfying and rewarding.

I almost want to do it just to spite the tarts who get all grumpy and high and mighty about it.

"My achievements are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome because like my penis is sooooo big because mine are legitimate because like, I aint a scrubber, I am sooooooooooooooooo elite".

Achievements ruin games, I swear to god games without them seem infinitely more enjoyable, the asshole ratio tends to be smaller.

Meh, let the losers hack for their achievements. I find getting them legitimately to be much more satisfying and rewarding.

If i want to be rewarded and get satisfied, i'll have my girlfriend give me a blow job.

who cares if people unlock their achievements, I've thought about it before but didn't for this exact reason (fearing retribution from our Benevolent Overlords)

I didn't use the unlocker, but I fully understand why others did. I've played this game enough to have accomplished most of what the achievements ask of me, and I'm not in love with the unlockable system to begin with.

As for "normal play"... yeah, whatever. I have a bitch of a time trying to find servers that offer more than just armies of scouts accomplishing nothing. I'd like to get my weapons some time this week, not after the time it will take for the TF2 community to de-fuck itself. That's why I grind them out in achievementbox maps.

You can't dangle new shiny loot in front of players and not expect them to find more convenient workarounds. Especially when class updates render everything FUBAR.

It's not about cheating people, it's about taking away a feature from the consumer because they think they have a right to. Valve has been doing some questionable things like this, well, it's not Valve but a certain person. :hmph: I will not get into it but people know of this person and are scared of the person because he can take away your Steam account with no evidence at all. *Bah they should be going after the real hackers and do a VAC 2 instead of removing parts of a game the consumer paid for.

i understand why someone would use those unlockers, i couldnt give a **** about any retarded achievement system and anyone that thinks its better and cooler (!!!!) to "earn your achievements" through "hard work" is... :|

i understand why someone would use those unlockers, i couldnt give a **** about any retarded achievement system and anyone that thinks its better and cooler (!!!!) to "earn your achievements" through "hard work" is... :|

I'm surprised how many people here are okay with cheating, and with how mild Valve's punishment is. I don't think it's particularly "cool" to get the achievements through hard work, so much as I think it's "incredibly lame" to cheat.

And, you contradicted yourself, BTW. If you "couldn't give a **** about any retarded achievement system" then there's no reason for you to go out of your way to get a program to falsely give the achievements to you. You obviously must care in some way.

Why don't people just play the freaking game? No aimbots, no achievement unlockers, no speedhacks, etc. Seriously, it's more fun not to cheat.

I'm surprised how many people here are okay with cheating, and with how mild Valve's punishment is. I don't think it's particularly "cool" to get the achievements through hard work, so much as I think it's "incredibly lame" to cheat.

And, you contradicted yourself, BTW. If you "couldn't give a **** about any retarded achievement system" then there's no reason for you to go out of your way to get a program to falsely give the achievements to you. You obviously must care in some way.

Why don't people just play the freaking game? No aimbots, no achievement unlockers, no speedhacks, etc. Seriously, it's more fun not to cheat.

Jesus Christ, what's so hard about the concept of "aimbot: hurts others, achievement unlock: doesn't hurt others"?

And he used the program to give him the achievements not because he cares about the achievements, but because he wants the unlocks.

This way of unlocking weapons is inherently flawed and I hope that some day they will follow the CoD4 model: you need 1000 "points" to get an unlock (or some other number), and every point you score in-game counts towards that goal, but getting an achievement is also, for example, 100 points. Then you're always progressing towards the goal and you don't frustrate yourself on not getting the opportunity to get achievements which often rely on edge cases, that are based on chance whether they happen or not.

actually that just means that you dont wanna bother with the achievements and want to go straight to the weapons. i didnt use one for the same reason Ennui didnt btw.

i dont consider the unlocker a cheat, more of a shortcut. you dont gain an advantage over any other players like a speedhack or aimbot. and its not more fun to be prevented from experiencing all the content of the game just because you havent "killed 500 amount of scouts while being ubered using syringe gun!!!1!!1"

My heavy achievements still seem to be there.

However I didn't unlock all of them, not at the same time and I haven't played TF2 for like two months now.

actually that just means that you dont wanna bother with the achievements and want to go straight to the weapons. i didnt use one for the same reason Ennui didnt btw.

Then that is an aspect of the achievement system that he cares about.

i dont consider the unlocker a cheat, more of a shortcut. you dont gain an advantage over any other players like a speedhack or aimbot. and its not more fun to be prevented from experiencing all the content of the game just because you havent "killed 500 amount of scouts while being ubered using syringe gun!!!1!!1"

Games are supposed to have emotional ups and downs, and multiplayer games have to occasionally do strange things to provide them. No one complains that they're prevented from accessing some content in a single-player game until you earn that content. Getting that content using a 3rd-party tool is most definitely considered cheating in that context, and it's no different here. I tolerate and occasionally indulge in cheating in single-player games, however, especially on repeated playthroughs, because it's entirely victimless. In multiplayer, it's not -- it gives cheaters an unfair advantage over non-cheaters. (And before anyone say that, in this case, the unlockables are side-grades, not upgrades, I'll say that even if that's the case, the flexibility of "A or B" is an upgrade over "only A.")

Back