ADS? On MY hl2.net?

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
Now, I'm all for a free forum, and the ad at the bottom isn't too distracting. But the one at the top especially ruins the atmosphere. What would be a clean board is ruined by 'J.K. Lasser' or cats. Flash ads are even worse. Kinetic and I have said that we'll donate if it's really necessary, if only to keep the annoying flash ads off the site. I'm sure other loyal members would donate a small amount too. But really? Having M&Ms jumping about in a banner beneath our enlightening discussion about VIDEO REPOASTS? Not cool, man. Not cool.

In strong agreement. The new banners at the top are irritating, distracting and invasive. Money may be the issue, but it doesn't have to be one.

I concur with both of you guys because I love you so mach

Relax just got a few teething problems while trialling a new banner. I've fixed the code so it only shows for unregistered users.

In strong agreement. The new banners at the top are irritating, distracting and invasive. Money may be the issue, but it doesn't have to be one.

not too mention half of them are illegal (I keep on getting halflife 2 product key cracks; hosted by the one and only google)

Are you kidding, BHC?
You know he loves waffles.

I'm sorry. "British" people don't understand what "waffles" are.

Probably because we don't exist.

Belgium isn't very far away from you guys.

I'm using Chrome... is it just me or is anybody else having a problem where the hl2.net page i'm on suddenly changes to some other page like the yellow pages or some crap.

EDIT: Man what the **** is going on? After a page is fully loaded, it starts loading crap up again, and again. And as I mentioned before sometimes leading me off the page.

Just had a site open up with this. http://yellowpages.superpages.com/l...L&SRC=comwp&C=general+real+estate&R=N&STYPE=S

Hey I had the same bs**t happen to me...some random yellowpages page searching for an apartment in Chicago...wtf.

Yeah it keeps taking me off hl2.net

What gives.

Just use Firefox and Adblock Plus and problem solved. Chrome is a load of shit, i kept getting redirected to shitty webpages so i quickly reverted back to Firefox.

Just use Firefox and Adblock Plus and problem solved. Chrome is a load of shit, i kept getting redirected to shitty webpages so i quickly reverted back to Firefox.

Firefox runs like shit these days... takes forever to load and close and reopen and shit. :(

I'm using Chrome... is it just me or is anybody else having a problem where the hl2.net page i'm on suddenly changes to some other page like the yellow pages or some crap.

EDIT: Man what the **** is going on? After a page is fully loaded, it starts loading crap up again, and again. And as I mentioned before sometimes leading me off the page.

Just had a site open up with this. http://yellowpages.superpages.com/l...L&SRC=comwp&C=general+real+estate&R=N&STYPE=S

Thank god this is happening to someone else as well. I'm using Firefox and its happening.

Firefox runs like shit these days... takes forever to load and close and reopen and shit. :(

This would happen to me, usually restarting would fix it.

Obviously pages shouldn't open up unless you click on them. If you find any adverts doing this copy the link url and take a screenshot of it and send it to me, I'll get them removed.

Obviously pages shouldn't open up unless you click on them. If you find any adverts doing this copy the link url and take a screenshot of it and send it to me, I'll get them removed.

Well, I ran spybot search & destroy... which I ran just yesterday. So apparently whatever I have I got from browsing a website recently today. Just some of your typical tracker cookie browser things that you get every day.

So I removed them and it seems to be stopped.

The weird thing is though, that it only did it on hl2.net. I had like half a dozen other sites open and none of them did it, only this one.

So that's why I concluded it must have been something up with hl2.net

i'm using chrome, with so far, no problems. it is very fast, which is why i like it.

i concur with Raziaar that firefox is slow, mainly due to the vast amount of addons.

i HAVE had the problem of when voting in a poll, you get redirected to a completely different thread (within hl2.net).

also, i read the title as AIDS? On MY hl2.net?

Yes - the problem stopped for me after I ran a virus scan & ran Ad-Aware. It only happens on this site for me as well. I ended up with a bunch of tracking cookies on my computer (ad cookies).

5 times in the last minute along with others. Only on HL2.net.
I even had a browser clean and virus scan a day ago.
HL2.net Page redirected to ads like this at random-

Maybe it's trying to tell you something.

That I need to tell you to fix your freakin' website?!

I just got the same damn page three times in the last ten seconds.

Need a URL of the advert otherwise I can't do anything... I've yet to see any funny ads but then I'm receiving the UK ones.

Never had any problems. Munro's doing a fine job.

revoltf.jpg

EDIT:
And Krynn had this: (I was forced) It sent him to a yellow pages search 3 times.
badAd.jpg

Yes - the problem stopped for me after I ran a virus scan & ran Ad-Aware. It only happens on this site for me as well. I ended up with a bunch of tracking cookies on my computer (ad cookies).

Yeah, pretty weird that it only happened to me on hl2.net. One of the ads on the site must have done something.

If you don't want to see ads there is Adblock Plus and other adblockers out there. If you refuse to install an adblocker you aren't allowed to complain about ads. :p

you know, maybe they're forcing you to go to their ad sites (HL2.net) so they get can money from them, like, some type of script on the page redirects you in X number of seconds to an ad URL linked to their goole adsense/clicksor account. it can be done. :p

Back