Aftermath Looks Wicked!!!

Looks awesome, if we get to ride that stalker train that could be the coolest level ever.

You don't have to register to watch in Gamespot. In fact, you don't even have to download it. Just stream it. :)

Anywho, I still can't believe it's true. Can't wait to upgrade the last component of my PC - processor. :D

Looks great, and that's definitely the G-Man at the end - the way he pronounces the final 't' in 'that' is highly characteristic of him.

I sense some horrorness in Aftermath after reading your posts :D

Dog-- said:
You get to play as Gordon AND Alyx
Dog Find's You And Alyx Barried In Rubble, He Digs You And Alyx Out!
I any of that happens I will sue VALVE becasue it will make me suicidal:sniper: :sleep:
And this
Maybe if were lucky we'll hear gordon TALK!!!!

Looks very promising. I felt that HL2 lost a lot of the tension and claustrophobia of the first, given that large parts were outside.

ah ah, trailer looks very nice and looks like a good game. I slowly feel the hype we had for hl2 regaining its sustinense in this forum.

Niice :eek: ... From this video i can tell that theres gona be level with rain, and from gamespot screens - in city17 now are sandstorms!!

Gordon, Alyx, Dog and Eli survive.
Note, the place with the ruble where Dog finds you is clearly not the citadel but inside some C17 building. In the bit where Eli is on the screen I think there's ruble in the background. The bit with the train is in the Citadel not Nova Prospect. The bit with the train seems to be the only part actualy in the Citadel.

I think that this can be disregarded as far a story goes, I'll wait for the actual game.

You get to play as Gordon AND Alyx
Where did you get that from?

Dog Find's You And Alyx Barried In Rubble, He Digs You And Alyx Out! SWEET!
More like Dog and Alyx find you in ruble

Edit:
At the start with Dog, look up and to the left of Dog, does that look like an eye to anyone else?
And the bit with Eli on the screen. Look to his left, is is just me or is there is a Clone Trooper standing next to him?
Sorry, I can't take shots, Media Player is messing with Print Screen.

The "teaser" video doesnt even give you enough to tease, its like heres a 3 second clip showing alyx shoot a ant lion whoo hoo must have it!!! Not trying to ruin the mood, but I would have liked to see something that teased me or said to me omg I must have this even if I have to rob a granny to get the dough I will do it cause that teaser was so damn kickass!! :x

iMMuNiTy said:
I haven't seen the eye nor the Clone Trooper...
neither did i.

and what's all this about playing playing as alyx? that's disgusting. you better not. that'd be incredibly lame.

trailer looked great though. i just hope they don't release any more before aftermath. i dont want them to ruin the entire thing like almost every single trailer does.

gabriel said:
neither did i.

and what's all this about playing playing as alyx? that's disgusting. you better not. that'd be incredibly lame.

trailer looked great though. i just hope they don't release any more before aftermath. i dont want them to ruin the entire thing like almost every single trailer does.
Just imagine. Playing as Alyx, and to satisfy all those "Feet-Viewers" out there, you'd see Alyx's jiggling bewbies. :imu:

X-FacToR said:
The "teaser" video doesnt even give you enough to tease, its like heres a 3 second clip showing alyx shoot a ant lion whoo hoo must have it!!! Not trying to ruin the mood, but I would have liked to see something that teased me or said to me omg I must have this even if I have to rob a granny to get the dough I will do it cause that teaser was so damn kickass!! :x

Good job. You just described the last 3 seconds of the trailer perfectly! Now, about the previous 24 seconds... I certainly saw enough to get me excited.

And about the whole, you play as Gordon AND Alyx thing, I'm pretty sure that info has only come GPhobi--err, GPhoria where Morgon Webb said it to be so, so it must be! Anyway, this could just be G4 pulling shit out of their asses yet again, but who knows.

Pibborando San said:
Anyway, this could just be G4 pulling shit out of their asses yet again, but who knows.

Don't we all know it...G4 is extremely immature...

Oh man Im actually Really excited after seeing that.

A few things:

1. I think the animation on the "Alyx Shooting the antlion Bit" is fine.Looked pretty cool
2. Cant see any Clone trooper or Eye,And lets not have any "Duck in the Dustbin" discusions :D
3. The Stalker Bits look friggin good too.

Its all good,It really does tease you doesnt it :p

I can't take shots because of annoying...complications. So can someone please take a pic of the bit at the start with Dog(before he sticks his head in) and the bit on the screen with Eli for me please?

PowerDVD will do the job of capturing still images from movies. :)

Im guessing gordon is incapacitated for the first 10-15mins of this game, from what valve has said and that teaser- should be an interesting way to play an fps, with you relying on Alyx for protection.

I think Gman says "We'll Cheer... About That!" at "Cheer" as a british tone of language. If he really says "see", I think he is pissed on someone (more likely Gordon or Alyx, releasing an enemy against both or something).

Stalkers. i think they are going to pose a serious moral dilemma for the player (at least those of us with morals.) We know it's not they're fault and that they used to be people, but they're gonna attack us and we'll have to put these poor souls down.

I don't see how you can kill them with the normal Gravity Gun. :eek: Maybe, someone has made a thingy that Gordon puts on to tell the Stalkers to leave them alone and attack the Combine for making them like that.

You dont kill them with the gravity gun- alyx does it for you- at least thats what it looks like from where im sitting.

ya i watched g phoria 2 and i liked hl2 aftemath it looked cool and i cant wait till it comes out! i jus hope it has the super grav gun that u get at end of hl2... throwing combine soldiers the endless pit known as the citadel... good times:rolleyes:

nice

Looks bloody awesome! The claustraphobic horror elements should go down a treat :D

I'm fairly sure you get the super GG, from what i saw of a screenshot up at IGN.

a few things:

1. that is most definitley g-man's voice at the end.
2. an Alyx love story would be horrible and probably make me smash my computer to bits.

Here, I got them with Quick Time.

Attachments

• eye.JPG
    eye.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 322
  • What is this.JPG
    What is this.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 352
ríomhaire said:
Here, I got them with Quick Time.
It's nothing. It's a piece of broken building that you call an eye and that other thing, frick knows, a pillar or a machine or something.
Jeez, this reminds me of the time someone claimed they saw Gordon's image in the water splash of a screenshot!

Hmmm, I can't hear what is Alyx saying? Can anyone type in here?

Back