Age of Chivalry - A Medieval HL2 Mod

A

Azlan

In a time when all the other medieval mods have virtually disappeared from public view, it is great to see one enter the fray. The Age of Chivalry is story-driven multiplayer experience that features four game-types.[br]</br>
  • GameTypes[br]</br>
  • Story Driven Multiplayer – Our unique way of allowing the players to continue writing the story depending on the outcome of the battles. You can siege the shore and push them back into the deep forests of their lands. If your strength is great enough you may write history and destroy their lands and lay siege to their town’s castle to completely destroy your enemy through a sequence of map cycles leading you through the epic storyline.[br]</br>
  • Last Team Standing – Choose from several open war maps or town raids and battle it out until the last man of either team is standing. You only get one life so use it wisely to lead your team to victory![br]</br>
  • Last Man Standing – complete chaos: kill everything in sight, even the peasants and farm animals if you wish![br]</br>
  • Team Deathmatch – The most basic way to play the game by picking any map from the storyline and battle it out for kill score.

Age of Chivalry also features an individual customization feature for every player's character. Team Chivalry promises to deliver a story-based medieval experience not to be missed. [br]

[br]Also visit their website, which has a nice teaser trailer for the modification.

When I first glanced at the thumbs I thought it was yet another WWII mod set in Europe. It seriously looked like Omaha beach littered with obstacles.

I'm going to like this mod. It really sounds good, and I like the idea of NPC animals. The last team standing sounds like fun, until you have the CS player camping behind the farmer's animals with a sword screaming omg yeh h4x0rz!!!!12

those look really good. love the composition in the second one, the first though is kinda bland

good job tho doods

This is the mod i've been waiting for. Hail to you champions!

Any mod that allows you to kill random peasants and farm animals is a GOOD mod.

Looking good,

In a slightly unrealated question, how is Kingdom Lost HL2 Mod going on anyway?

The last FPS I played that used swords and shields was morrowind (Which I was actually playing yesterday, but that's not the point), so I'm intrigued to see how hack'n'slash works in a Half-Life mod. I'll have too wait and see... :)

I took a long at the Valandil site(which I'm also looking forward to muchly), and saw that a number of people had left the team. Among them was Drakir, presumably the same guy making the newsposts on the Age of Chivalry site...

DUN-DUN-DUN!

The plot thickens...

Suicide42 said:
The last FPS I played that used swords and shields was morrowind (Which I was actually playing yesterday, but that's not the point), so I'm intrigued to see how hack'n'slash works in a Half-Life mod. I'll have too wait and see... :)

yeah its definitely going to be interesting.
couple that with not many of these types of mods...this is something which could become a massive favorite of gamers if done right. :)

Suicide42 said:

The great thing is in Source you can have physically modelled weapons, so instead of just pointing at something and clicking to give it damage, the swords will actually clash and all the rest of it. :) Should be good.

look very good, the only *bad* thing I could say are the HL2 textures they use... IF thats infact a bad thing :p

Good luck Age of Chivalry team!

How many of these mods actually get finished?
Not to be a pessemist but...Seems more like a total conversion than a mod, and looks like a lot of work

Hugh_Jazz said:
I took a long at the Valandil site(which I'm also looking forward to muchly), and saw that a number of people had left the team. Among them was Drakir, presumably the same guy making the newsposts on the Age of Chivalry site...

The plot thickens...

yup looks like half of if not all of the team members that left Valandil are on Age of Chivalry. :hmph: :angel:

this mod sounds great, and is looking very nice. i cant wait to play a medieval mod. i really like the idea of user controlled map cycles which depend on who wins a battle. its an idea ive been wanting to see in a mod for years.

Head to hl2world's mod boards and check out their advert "AGE OF CHIVALRY NEEDS YOU !" for the full smearing that this dicks deserve.

Back