All Points Bulletin Beta key giveaway

I signed up to their forum and news letters about a year ago incase something like this happened. Yet I get my information from Stern instead, and Multiplay UK newsletter (who run fileplay) instead telling me there are keys...and they have run out when I look.

Buncha bastards didn't even prioritise those people who actually have been tracking and wanting to play the beta :angry:

No doubt the next load of keys will be gone when I look too.

I signed up to their forum and news letters about a year ago incase something like this happened. Yet I get my information from Stern instead, and Multiplay UK newsletter (who run fileplay) instead telling me there are keys...and they have run out when I look.

Buncha bastards didn't even prioritise those people who actually have been tracking and wanting to play the beta :angry:

No doubt the next load of keys will be gone when I look too.

I feel ya. I registered for their newsletter and even applied twice for the closed beta but i never received one damn confirmation mail.

Beta's with limited testing times such as this usually serve no other purpose than to advertise its schlockiness. It's also a sign that the game will lack plenty of content.

In the end I didn't manage to register an account before the keys depleted, but then I saw that it's a 20GB download, so I doubt I'd want to get it anyway.

EDIT: Wait, so how big is the client? Cause now I hear it's 8GB, not 20.

Installation may take that much. Download is only 8gb big. It's probably compressed.

Anyone about to play? I guess the playtest time period just started. I'm having trouble launching the game though, nothing happens when I hit start from the launcher.

The shitty launcher is buggy and slow. I had about 800mbs left to download. Went shopping for a couple hours and just came back. It only downloaded 50mbs before an error popped up. Server is overloaded.
Yay! Some beta this is.

It lookscrap and doesn't run well - frames dropping on a 5850 - but it's fun running and driving around with friends and i'm impressed with the missions we've done so far - all variations on chasing/running away and attacking/defending. Unlike GTA4 online the game types encourage plenty of close contact with your opponents and despite how poor things are cosmetically it's surprisingly fun. It really does look shit though.

Runs so terrible on my PC I can't stand to play it. Changing the video settings doesn't seem to matter. My PC isn't that bad either.

From what I'm hearing it's second life with guns.

Pretty much what Warbie says. It's pretty fun but runs terribly.

Not entirely sold on it yet.

It seems like it'll be a ****ing blast with a group of friends. Only got to play for about 15 minutes (damn time zones), but with a bit of polish, it's something I would be interested in buying.

When will this beta end? I'm getting my new computer around the end of april.

It's planned for a June release, and the beta started last October, so there might be a month or two left. Not sure how many sessions there will be that non-Heavy Hitters can take part in.

I thought that Sharp Shooters take place in all further sessions.

am I the only one who had it run as smooth as butter? I've got a 5770 and while the driving was a little clunky, the rest of it was decent. I didn't like how i could shoot the guy i've been dispatched to kill and he just would not take damage. The graphics looked good although a bit bland.

Funnily enough, I had absolutely no problems with lag. But yeah, my performance varied a lot. It was certainly playable though.

And I agree about the bland graphics. In the trailers the graphics seemed much more vibrant (though I guess thats to be expected).

Im trying to figure out how to get into massive battles with 20 people each side. So far I've only been part of a team of 3... :/

No performance issues. That's about the only good thing i have to say about this game.

This game is nothing more than a bland and generic GTA clone. There's no atmosphere in this game whatsoever.
There's no real narrative or storyline laid out for your character. You do one boring task after another.
Oh, and you can rob npc's for useless crap.
Vehicle handling is horrible. All cars feel like a ten ton boulder sliding over wet ice.
Missions are uninspired and repetitive. Every action in the world is automated.
Where the **** are all those dynamic elements you'd expect to see in a sandbox game such as this?
I expected more from Realtime Worlds after Crackdown. This game is Crimecraft with vehicles.
What a disappointment.

The districts are all placeholders and the graphics are forced to low for 32 bit users and medium for 64 bit users.

Also, it's a beta

That doesn't change the fact that aesthetically apb is terrible. If a middle class, 16 year old rebelling against his parents art student was asked to make a game, it would look like apb. Considering how bland it looks the game should run a whole lot better too - I can run BC2 maxed without the frame rate dropping below 60, APB struggles to maintain 30 fps and often drops into the 20's.

Seeing as release isn't that far away and Realtime Worlds need to double the framerate, completely redraw the entire game world, fix the god awful animation, as well as all the other usual bug fixing and balance tweaking, things aren't looking too promising ;)

What are RTW Points, and what are they used for?

RTW Points are a virtual currency purchased with real world money and are used to purchase services from Realtime Worlds such as Gametime.

Can I create items and sell them to other players?

Yes. However, selling your creations to other players incurs a small RTW Points fee. This process is called Manufacturing a customized item.

... wow. So it essentially costs you real money to sell in game items to other players...

Whoever designed the monetization system for this game is completely mad.

... wow. So it essentially costs you real money to sell in game items to other players...

Whoever designed the monetization system for this game is completely mad.

How do they expect this shit to fly in this economy?

Haven't they learned anything from Cryptic Studios? The popularity of those two games and their retail prices went down faster than a tranny Filipino hooker. Microtransactions don't work in the Western Market, let alone microtransactions + a monthly subscription fee.

Well, the hype was fun at least. This game is almost assuredly going to be dead in the water.

Any game that does a real money for gameplay experience thing other than the monthly fee... I don't want anything to do with.

I ****ing hate that shit. I want the full experience with my monthly subscription, I don't want to have to pay a premium to get more of an experience, or more/better items.

Just raise the god damn price all across the board instead of the pay shit.

WCBDR-OSGB0-H11EE

Yes that is a usable beta key. TwwIX has basically summed up the "beta" for me. I have been in the beta at the start and have only played like 15min due to trying to merely have it run. Back in 2009 you would launch APB which would take about 10min. You can only play at a certain time and on a certain day. It would slowly load a district for another 10min and it would be extremely laggy. It felt as if there was a tiny server running it in Europe. You would stand in the same spot waiting for the lag to go away. Unfortunately the RAM usage which constantly is high just keeps going up and up until literally your computer locks up or the client would crash in 2 seconds. Afterwards a bug report would pop up in which I merely closed as a mumbled "fix your POS game Realtime".

Flashforward and we are in 2010 and it's a tiny bit better. They IMO have gone from pre-alpha to alpha! The character creation mainly consists of either:
  1. Corpses to put clothes on.
  2. Dumb expression looking faces.
  3. Extremely Asian looking faces.
  4. Anorexic looking people that could pass as a corpse.

Nobody knows what to do in the game and you never will be attacked by a cop. It's basically the most buggiest worst "beta" (noticed I put beta in quotes) I have ever been in. To say they are going from what they have now to release is like Valve saying HL2 to come out in 2003. The game is really in a terrible condition. The city often looks drab and very bare with little detail to anything. Bugs abound even jumping can crash the game or citizens spawning constantly in a certain area crashing the district on the server. It's like a DOS attack coded into the game for APB when that bug was around.

Really I had high hopes for this game but it's proved to be horrible. I did create a cool looking character though:

92528690.jpg

I later made her hair green but the most fun I had was character creation. Even that was laggy and like I said, had to pick a face that wasn't rotting.

She must be from Eastern Europe.

I wouldn't post pictures if i were you. The NDA is still in effect, as far as i know. They also have fanboys on there that got nothing better to do than waste their time searching the internet for info leakers.

I never understood in the slightest why this game had so much hype. It never looked good.

Back