Allergies Suck!

Warped

Reaction score
Ever since 3 years ago when I went to Cedar Point in Ohio for Vacation I get these seasonal allergies that suck monkey balls. Headache, dizzy, weak, sweaty, congestion you name it. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else suffers from allergies and what they use to ease the symptoms. I'm thinking of buying Claritin but not too much sure it will help. Ice cream also helps me cool down and feel better. Also I don't want to go to a doctor because half the time they prescribe me the wrong medicine and I'll end up with something worse or a new disease/infection (happened to my dad who went in for a flu shot and got the Shingles)

so any recommendations??

sneeze.jpg

I built a contraption I dub the Deathalizer 2020. But I don't have time tell you how to make one right now.

it's an allergen air filter system.

You could probably benefit from a new filter. If you have central air, you can buy an allergen air filter for as little as $6.50. Many people use the same filter for decades but they recommend you replace them every 3 months.

I built a contraption I dub the Deathalizer 2020. But I don't have time tell you how to make one right now.

it's an allergen air filter system.

You could probably benefit from a new filter. If you have central air, you can buy an allergen air filter for as little as $6.50. Many people use the same filter for decades but they recommend you replace them every 3 months.

my dad replaces them in the winter time but we don't have cooling in the summer, just a pool. maybe i'll recommend an allergen air filter though, even though i only suffer from this every spring and fall

Also I don't want to go to a doctor because half the time they prescribe me the wrong medicine and I'll end up with something worse or a new disease/infection

If your allergies are as bad as you say they are then see a doctor and get put on meds. My allergies are brutal...i have post nasal drip, asthma, and I'm allergic to just about every environmental allergen out there and I still have a lot of trouble, even with the meds...

I'm taking symbicort, singulair, and flonase at the moment.

You just need to remove those things from your presence or you'll feel terrible. Some people die from any exposure to their allergies, if that makes you feel any better.

I have some allergies to pollen. I got an air cleaner, got allergen blocker pillow case liners. Try that.

You just need to remove those things from your presence or you'll feel terrible. Some people die from any exposure to their allergies, if that makes you feel any better.

I have some allergies to pollen. I got an air cleaner, got allergen blocker pillow case liners. Try that.

got the pillow case liners and they work great. what i noticed is that the colder my room is when i sleep the better i sleep. it was 68 in it last night but when it hits like 73 i can't sleep because i can't breath and then i have a headache the next day. right now i have Claritin and some Aspirin and I'm feeling a little bit better but I feel dehydrated.

Arius is much better than claritin i found
It dose a much better job at relieving the allergy symptoms sooner. however, the main symptom i get is congestion, so i started taking claritin extra strength decongestant.. it has 240 mg of Pseudoephedrine sulfate and 10mg of loratadine. that usualy does the trick. unless its really bad out. in that case... i add another 5 mg of loratadine...
which, loratadine is the active chemical in almost all allergy medications... the difference is the quality of it really.

In addition to the other things I mentioned, I did a shit load of dusting and I've been feeling fine since. Use a moist rag so it doesn't just kick it into the air.

Back