Am I the only person on the planet that wasn't impressed by 300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh i was going to see it but ive been put off now lol

Why would you be put off?

It's a great action movie, one that you have to see at least once.

ahh i was going to see it but ive been put off now lol

That`s a bit fail isn`t it? You`re not going to see the film because of a few scattered negative opinions on a gaming forum?

It was a story told by the guy who got sent back to Sparta (forgot the characters name) to encourage the troops of Sparta and Greece who at the end of the film were seen getting ready to fight the 'Thousand Nations of the Persia Empire!'

It is that much better at IMAX compared to a normal theater that I would not go on opening night to see it with friends, and wait till I can get a seat at Imax??
Cause I really wanna see it at IMAX

..."ready your breakfast and make it hearty, for tonight we dine in hell". It was seriously almost like watching MST3K.
That is almost exactly the line that was said by the real Leonidas. Others quotes are taken from history, too. (i.e. "Our arrows will be so numorous as to blot out the sun/All that better that we fight in the shade").

I thought the movie was amazing. Sure the acting was terrible and every scene and line of dialogue not from the comic-book was painful. But the rest was so good, it made the movie one of the best action-movies ever made.

It was a story told by the guy who got sent back to Sparta (forgot the characters name) to encourage the troops of Sparta and Greece who at the end of the film were seen getting ready to fight the 'Thousand Nations of the Persia Empire!'

Further to this:

This was based on a propaganda story! So of course it is not historically accurate =]

Just because the lines are cheesy doesnt mean they dont fit. People talked different back then. If someone started talking in Shakespearean tongue then you would find it wierd, but in their times it wouldnt have been.

How would you like a movie that shows the founding fathers as mutants with tits and five eyes on their asses?

This movie want making fun of them though, and wasnt nearly as far fetched as your idea.

EDIT: Docm30 beat me to the whole "cheesy line" thing. Thats how it was said in real life.

thats one way it was interpreted and translated from the original writings of historians who were given to exaggeration anyway :p

He was probably like "Enjoy your meal fellas, cos in a few hours you'll be dead."

Yes I think it is important to point out everything happening on screen was as told from the one-eyed man's point of view. There are exaggerations to what may have "actually happened" for the sake of instilling confidence and vigor in the audience (by audience I mean fictional people in the movie).

I think it is also important to point out all these "flaws" such as "cheesy lines" are personal opinion based on nothing more than varying personal preference. Know that everything said in this movie is more profound than anything you will probably ever say in your entire lives. Know it and become bitter as your perceptual world stagnates around you.

How would you like a movie that shows the founding fathers as mutants with tits and five eyes on their asses?

Honestly, would anyone in America really care? Would you care? I think it'd be rather funny actually. Just as if Queen Elizabeth I was painted as a horrible war-mongering giant with piercing all over the place. It wouldn't really bother me in the slightest. Some people get worked up over the slightest things for some reason.

As for the movie itself, I thought it was alright. Some bits made me & my friends chuckle but overall I thought it was pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back