*amazing* Portal speedrun - obviously BIG spoilers

I sincerely hope somebody manages to beat this by exactly 9 seconds.

Holy Cow, that was amazing!!! I've never seen a speed-run of a game as good as that before. That dude is awesome!!! Not even the HL2 speed-run can beat it!!!
Crap, I've got the end song going round my head now!!

I hate speed runs that use tons of glitches like shooting portals through glass that you shouldn't be able to

Yeah, where's the fun in using glitches?

....like backwards bunnyhopping, shooting portals from within a portal etc.

tehsmileyxz3.jpg

not a speed run unless it's legit IMO. it's like the "flying" in ravenholm in the HL2 speedrun, and the skipping of chapters in the HL1 one.

not a speed run unless it's legit IMO. it's like the "flying" in ravenholm in the HL2 speedrun, and the skipping of chapters in the HL1 one.

It's approved as legit. Using glitches in-game is allowed.

I started to get mesmerized at the HL1 speed run!!! In fact I think I'm gonna watch it again now!

It's approved as legit. Using glitches in-game is allowed.
People have different standards of what is legitimate. I agree with Lone Wolf on this one, flying over Ravenholm is BS but I wouldn't count skipping "We've Got Hostiles" as illegitimate.

yeah. It's broked.

My idea on a "legitimate" speedrun is any tactic that you can use to be as fast as possible as long as it doesn't use the console.

yeah. It's broked.

My idea on a "legitimate" speedrun is any tactic that you can use to be as fast as possible as long as it doesn't use the console.
I agree, I prefer the way of this guy over the HL2DQ team version, this one
Using console key's or macro's is not really as impressive in my opinion.

Back