Americas Army Special Forces Pics.

Holy crap that looks swanky......but.....i don't know, i'm still sceptical...i really didn't like the first version that much.

Damn, looks tight. I don't trust those games though. Buddy of mine played AA religiously until one day he got up, quit his job, and joined the Army. Subliminal messages man.

Yvan Eht Nioj!

Old pics. Well, most of em. I'm not THAT physhed about 2.0. Just more on SWAT: Global Strike Team at the moment.

Originally posted by iamironsam
Damn, looks tight. I don't trust those games though. Buddy of mine played AA religiously until one day he got up, quit his job, and joined the Army. Subliminal messages man.

Yvan Eht Nioj!

If a game completely about The Army made by The Army to teach people about the army is subliminal...Id hate to see something obvious.

Anyone else feel like sailing?

Looks nice...i might get that one. I got Americas army but my harddrive broke and i lost it...I didnt bother to download it again.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
If a game completely about The Army made by The Army to teach people about the army is subliminal...Id hate to see something obvious.

Anyone else feel like sailing?

Looks nice...i might get that one. I got Americas army but my harddrive broke and i lost it...I didnt bother to download it again.

Sorry for my meager attempt at humor Lord of the Obvious.

The entire project has a couple million dollar budget of American tax payer's money.

Im sure that spread out over the population of the US, a couple of million dollars isnt that much. Seems like a good deal.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
Im sure that spread out over the population of the US, a couple of million dollars isnt that much. Seems like a good deal.

Problem is, that's the how most of the American tax payers money is spent, without our consent on things that only cater to a very small number of people.

For every poor ass gamer who can't afford a video game, I'll show you a decrepit public school in NYC that could have used the money.

Well im not saying you're wrong but really, if the government asked everyone what they wanted all the time, then nothing would get done...ever. I mean, beurocracy is bad anough as it is.

True, but I'm just saying that the majority of the governments bigger expenditures are on things that would have never been passed in a popular vote (i.e. Vietnam, Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom). It's obvious in the fact that the Military's budget is so big that they can just blow a couple million dollars on a video game. The money could have been used elsewhere.

They didn't just "blow" that money. There's 2 MILLION players! I'm one of them!

Believe it or not, video games are kinda trivial when compared to the problems of the rest of the country.

Dude nice pics. Thanks. Can't wait for SF. I would download AA:O but the filesize is HUGE.

Last time I tried to download AA it told me I needed to pay $5.95 to get it... :eek:

I agree that our tax dollars could be used much better than making a damn video game. But think about it this way:

The army has a set budget for recruitment. A lot of this goes into TV ads, trailers in movies, keeping recruitment offices up, etc. What do you think is a more effective way for them to use this money? An ad that no one cares about, or a game that entices people to continue playing and get splashed with an "ARMY" sign every load screen?

AA:Ops cost each tax paying american $.02 We have around 290 million citizens, as of 2000.

It's a very cool game :D

I tried AA but i found it too elitist, i mean wtf is it up with trials for being a sniper? never liked that... sucky...

Well the money that goes into this game is just taken out of their advertising budget. So insted of a couple more commercials in prime time for the army we get a decent multiplayer FPS.

I think i'd take the game over the commercials.

Originally posted by MaxiKana
I tried AA but i found it too elitist, i mean wtf is it up with trials for being a sniper? never liked that... sucky...

Well, 1) it's supposed to depict the US army, it takes awhile to be the sniper.

2) There generally aren't many snipers on a team
3) At least you have to work to be a sniper, however little it is. better than CS awpwhoring

Back