Another step towards theocracy

Absinthe

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,361521,00.html

October, I know. But I really thought that this should be brought up again for anybody that missed it.

The man is not only a bible nut, but he has no problem with mixing his religious beliefs with his work. He apparently refuses to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women. He believes that women with PMS should seek help through the bible and prayer. He thinks that birth control pills cause abortions. And whaddya know? He was put into place by an individual with heavy ties to the Bush family, despite the objection of many FDA staff members.

Ha, who's laughing at Canada's healthcare system now? :p

Four cc's of jesus, stat!

Mechagodzilla said:
Ha, who's laughing at Canada's healthcare system now? :p

Four cc's of jesus, stat!

my aunt has cancer in canada, and her next appointment is in 6 months, they gave her 7 in the diagnosis.

Eg. said:
my aunt has cancer in canada, and her next appointment is in 6 months, they gave her 7 in the diagnosis.

you're so full of shit. Now I'm just pissed..my father DOES have cancer and has been operated on, had radiation and has been in and out of hospitals, rehab centers etc alll in the span of a month ..so stop talking out your ass

CptStern said:
you're so full of shit. Now I'm just pissed..my father DOES have cancer and has been operated on, had radiation and has been in and out of hospitals, rehab centers etc alll in the span of a month ..so stop talking out your ass

How do you know he's lying? He very well could not be. I've heard from many sources that canada has great healthcare... its just sometimes the system takes a long time, and so some people are forced to opt to pay heavy prices for it in the states for more immediate service.

So before you say somebody is full of shit, just think to yourself that these things might be different on case by case basis. I've seen no reason not to believe that he indeed has a very sick relative.

And just FYI, i'm against the american medical system right now. I loathe doctors. I got charged 700 bucks for an ear infection when they just gave me a little ear splint thing inside the ear and some medicine and prescriptions(which cost extra money at walgreens)

please ..he described terminal cancer ..what doctor would postpone a treatment to someone who's dying? Terminal cancer can often be a very painful death I seriously doubt she would be in home care with amount of critical care she may need

thats right, and you can't trust those immigrants to tell the truth either

CptStern seems very irritibleableblelble these days.

Whats getting your goat CptStern? <besides people like me -- thought I'd give that answer out> :D

CptStern said:

my aunt has cancer, she had it once before, breast cancer, now she has it again, and she not getting any chemo, because shes too "rich" , mind u she worked as a cleaning lady for 40 years.

also my cousin, 4 years old, had teh catslip, or that defect where his lip isnt shaped right, cant drink or anything. the operation was supposed to happen when he was 8, in canada, long after he would be made fun of. his mom took him the US, 2 weeks later, hes now fine.

come on what part of canada? some offshore drilling well owned by canada? please .."she wasnt rich enough?" earth to american guy ..healthcare is FREE for everyone

do you mean your cousin had a cleft palate? hmmmm a neighbour of mine's brother came from portugal with his 8 yr old son who had the same problem ..even though he wasnt canadian doctors VOLUNTEERED to freely give their time, the hospital paid for his stay and the portugeuse community paid for them to stay in canada. He had his operation one month after arriving and the last I heard the hospital was paying for a return trip so that they could follow up on his treatment (he had other problems)

there are over 50 million americans without health insurance ..that doesnt happen in canada

CptStern said:
come on what part of canada? some offshore drilling well owned by canada? please .."she wasnt rich enough?" earth to american guy ..healthcare is FREE for everyone

do you mean your cousin had a cleft palate? hmmmm a neighbour of mine's brother came from portugal with his 8 yr old son who had the same problem ..even though he wasnt canadian doctors VOLUNTEERED to freely give their time, the hospital paid for his stay and the portugeuse community paid for them to stay in canada. He had his operation one month after arriving and the last I heard the hospital was paying for a return trip so that they could follow up on his treatment (he had other problems)

there are over 50 million americans without health insurance ..that doesnt happen in canada

toronto

"too rich" they took away her social security, and pension, cause she had to much in the bank, now shes getting her cancer treatment in america, because she like living

yes, a cleft palate, wow, why are non canadians getting better treatment than actual cnadians

CptStern said:

interesting... aren't there about 50 million people living in canada btw? :)

Eg. said:
toronto

"too rich" they took away her social security, and pension, cause she had to much in the bank, now shes getting her cancer treatment in america, because she like living

Sorry, but...

what?

Why the hell would they talk away all that because she's too rich? Public healthcare works, and is for the betterment of everybody.

ok, she worked as a cleaning lady for 40 years, when the government audited her, they stripped her of her pension and socail secruity. if public health care works, why did they docs give her 7 months to live, and her nect appointment for the cancer treatment is in 6? in america, shes ok now

I thought she had 7 moths to live? what? the american doctors had some sort of giant cancer deathray that is only used on disgruntled ex canadians dis-satisfied with their own healthcare system?

no, the canadian were idiots, turned out they coudl operate, and now its been 2 months after the op, so shes still worried.

Eg. said:
no, the canadian were idiots, turned out they coudl operate, and now its been 2 months after the op, so shes still worried.

Huh? Her operation that will happen in six months happened two months ago? And therefore canadians are idiots?

Why was this even brought up in a thread about an overly religious american doctor?

I'm sorry for your aunt, but I really don't understand what (or why) you are writing.

Eg. said:

soooo they could operate but they decided not to do it but pretended to so that she would be worried? Your story is falling apart

CptStern said:
soooo they could operate but they decided not to do it but pretended to so that she would be worried? Your story is falling apart

no, the canadians didint even give the thought of operating until the next 6month away visit, she went south of the border and in less than a month she was fine, finish, but no cancer

Mechagodzilla said:
Huh? Her operation that will happen in six months happened two months ago? And therefore canadians are idiots?

Why was this even brought up in a thread about an overly religious american doctor?

I'm sorry for your aunt, but I really don't understand what (or why) you are writing.

and u, the canadians were like, "you have cancer, come back in months" she then came to the US, got the op, and is fine, she was calling the canadian docs idiots for the longest time. im writing because someone said that canada health care rocked

Eg. said:
no, the canadians didint even give the thought of operating until the next 6month away visit, she went south of the border and in less than a month she was fine, finish, but no cancer

so let me get this straight ..she has terminal cancer yet the doctors didnt want to operate so then she went to the US for an operation, since she's canadian she couldnt have had insurance so that means she has to fork the bill for her operation ...I thought you said she worked as a cleaning lady ...hmmm did she all of the sudden strike it rich? in a conversation with my father's doctor he informed me that the total for my father's operation and radiation treatments would total close to $630,000 ...man I gotta get me a cleaning lady job they must pay big bucks ...oh and she's the idiot if she paid for a procedure she could have gotten for free.

It's starting to become more apparent that this rich, not so smart cleaning lady is a figment of your imagination

CptStern said:
so let me get this straight ..she has terminal cancer yet the doctors didnt want to operate so then she went to the US for an operation, since she's canadian she couldnt have had insurance so that means she has to fork the bill for her operation ...I thought you said she worked as a cleaning lady ...hmmm did she all of the sudden strike it rich? in a conversation with my father's doctor he informed me that the total for my father's operation and radiation treatments would total close to $630,000 ...man I gotta get me a cleaning lady job they must pay big bucks ...oh and she's the idiot if she paid for a procedure she could have gotten for free.

It's starting to become more apparent that this rich, not so smart cleaning lady is a figment of your imagination

lol dumbass, ur making fun of my aunt having cancer, lol, thats like me saying ur dad got colon cancer from too much man secks.

the canadians though it was terminal, and she came to the us, were they did a real diagnosis, and then siad, we can cure u in like, 2 week man. her and her family paid for the op, an she saved up a god sum of money by never buying a car, tv or going out to eat and supplementing her gocery shopping by haveing a garden.

question to everyone: if u had cancer, and u had 2 chioces for an operation, wait 6 months but get it free, or pay for it and get rid of it in 2 weeks, what would u choose? cancer people, remeber that, not a face lift here

Eg. said:
lol dumbass, ur making fun of my aunt having cancer, lol, thats like me saying ur dad got colon cancer from too much man secks.

Actually, no. It's not the same thing.

Absinthe said:
Actually, no. It's not the same thing.

hes saying my aunts story is fishy, well thats an insult, considering she has cancer.

Eg. said:
hes saying my aunts story is fishy, well thats an insult, considering she has cancer.
i don't know who to believe, but stern is coming off as more credible.
but that's mostly because you're not making yourself clear at all.
stern is making valid points.

how am i not making myself clear? the canadian med system is so messed up my aunt may have died, where as american medicine has saved her.

Eg. said:
ok, she worked as a cleaning lady for 40 years, when the government audited her, they stripped her of her pension and socail secruity. if public health care works, why did they docs give her 7 months to live, and her nect appointment for the cancer treatment is in 6? in america, shes ok now

The way you spell things so purposely wrong (you can spell government and audited but not security/secruity or next/nect?) and say things that make no logical sense marks you as one of these idiots who likes to mess around online and pretend to be something he's not. Go play a retard, you'd be much better at it.

Okay, going through the thread and attempting to understand what the hell is going on, I got this:

Eg is mad at the entirety of Canada because his aunt had to wait for free cancer treatment.
America, on the other hand, is neat-o-keen because she got to pay a large amount of money for near-instant treatment.

So, canadians are idiots because they offered to cure her cancer for free with a simple operation in a way that she did not find acceptable, while the US is great because they did the same thing for cash sooner?

She would have been cured either way you know, right?

This EG's some idiotic pretender who's gotten this whole topic off-track. I say we just ignore him and discuss the actual topic concerning this jesus nut doctor getting a powerful position on issues concerning women's health which should be strictly based on science and not books that tell people to read certain psalms for headaches and other ailments (which in another context could be considered some form of witchcraft).

EG ...your story is complete bull ...people with terminal breast cancer rarely recieve surgery ..why? because they are dying..that's what terminal means ..so why would your aunt need life saving surgery if the treatment for terminal cancer is usually pain management drugs? Ok maybe you meant she needed a lump removed ..which the most common form of breat cancer surgery ..it's a day procedure and usually doesnt require the person to stay overnight ..so if it was a removal of a lump I dont see why it couldnt have been done in canada.

Now if you're referring to a modified radical mastectomy, then that is ually far more serious and the patient can be bed ridden for weeks ...but it is rarely life threatening. So the conclusion is one of the following

you're aunt is no longer with us (terminal cancer)

she had a routine lumpectomy which is a simple procedure, or she had a radical mastectomy which would be more serious but would hardly be life threatening

or the most likely scenario: you lied about the whole thing just to prove your non-existant point that healthcare in the US is better (which it is but only if you pay)

The canadian said it was terminal, the ameircan docs said, right this way miss, and poof, she was cured, minus a full breast.

Eg. said:
The canadian said it was terminal, the ameircan docs said, right this way miss, and poof, she was cured, minus a full breast.

Omg this is just some idiot pretending to be some kid who no speaky english. If anything he said were true he wouldn't say things like that so lightly, and like I said before the way he spells things so purposely wrong (he can spell government and audited but not security/secruity or next/nect?) and says things that don't fit together mark him as one of these idiots who likes to be retarded and pretend to be something he's not online. Arguing with him's just giving him a higher post count.

Eg. said:

you mean a mastectomy :upstare:

CptStern said:
you mean a mastectomy :upstare:

well id ont know the full medical name, but whateverish, i neer said u didnt know ur medical jargon

and the guy above stern, shut up, my aunt, my lightlyness. "OMGZ he talks about his aunts cancerz like it was nothing" well, she doesnt have cancer now, so i think shes fine.

yet she had 7 months to live ..which was cured with a masectomy ...which only an american could have performed

this one of the dumbest debates I've ever had

Alright. Even if your aunt is real, even if she did have cancer, even if the canadian doctor made a mistake and even if the US managed to treat her, here's the point:
You're willing to damn an entire country over a single incident.

Was the american cure a fluke? Or ws it a direct result of the money?
Was the canadian diagnosis accurate? Or was it an isolated error?
Has this ever happened before? Or afterwards?
Would your aunt be any different if the operation were postponed for the four months?

Do you even know?

You're not exactly making a damning criticism of the system with argument holes like that.
Certainly nothing worth killing a thread over. The thread didn't hurt anyone.

Mechagodzilla said:
Certainly nothing worth killing a thread over. The thread didn't hurt anyone.

mecha I usually dont condone mercy killing but in this case I'm willing to turn a blind eye? will you do the honours good sir?

* hands mecha pistol*

Back