Anti - Abortion

waedoe

Reaction score
this is a touchy subject but i am writing a paper about it. I am anti abortion, plz dont flame me for it but heres my rough draft tell me what you think and plz share you opinion, i know there are alot of error ( i use word pad no word check here it goes )

ABORTION THE UNSEEN ATROCITY

Abortions have been around since as long as man can probably remember. It started in ancient times and has died and been resurrected throughout the course of human history. Today it pre-occupies the minds of many people, and is an untouchable area for most politicians. This article is my opinion about anti-abortion and the ways in which the baby is killed to achive the ultimate escape from your responsiblity and parenting problem. I'm also writing to educate you about how an abortion is carried out, and to help you formulate your own thoughts and opinions.

So just how is an abortion carried out? you have probably ten to twenty different choices depending on the age of the baby. lets take a look at just what some of these vile methods are.

1) here is the most common its called the "Suction Aspiration" heres its definition:
(vacuum curettage)The most common (98%) form of first trimester abortion . The cervix is dilated, and a powerful vacuum tube with a sharp cutting edge is inserted. The suction rips apart the body of the baby, and sucks out blood, amniotic fluid, tissue, and body parts.The most frequent post-abortion complication occurs with this method. If any fetal or placental tissue is left behind in the uterus, infection can develop.

2) number two, this is most commonly called the "Dilation and Evacuation (D&E)" heres its definition:
Generally performed in the second trimester , this is similar to D&C. Forceps are used to rip away pieces of the developing body and remove them from the womb. Because the skull has often hardened by this time, it may have to be crushed for removal.Bone fragments from the crushed skull can easily puncture the cervix, causing high blood loss.

3) number three, commonly called "Dilatation and Curettage (D&C)" heres its definition and a fun fact:
Generally performed in the first or early second trimester. The cervix is dilated or stretched to permit the insertion of a loop shaped steel knife. The body of the fetus is cut up and removed from the placenta.Blood loss and likelihood of uterine perforation are relatively high in this form of abortion.

4) a Nazi tradition accepted by americans; what a great culutral bond.
This method, first used in Nazi concentration camps and now common in America, is performed during the second or early third trimester. A needle is injected into the abdomen, and 50-250ml of amniotic liquid is removed. This is replaced by a concentrated salt that burns away and deteriorates the baby's skin. Within three days the mother goes into labor and delivers a dead, burned baby.This concentrated salt may cause severe hemmorage, cervical injuries, or side effects to the nervous system such as seizures or coma.

5) finnally the last one im going to share, the "Partial Birth Abortion" heres its lovely definition:
during the late second or third trimester. Using ultrasound, the abortionist grasps the baby's leg with forceps, and partially forcefully delivers all but the head. Scissors are then jammed into the back of the babies skull, and the wound is pryed open. A powerful vacuum tube is inserted and sucks out the baby's brain.

Now on to some arguements that try to justify killing the innocents (babies). heres my favorite "But you're not really killing the fetus, since it was never really alive." oh man what a dumb argument heres my awnser to this statement, Science has relized that any organic organism that biologically ingests, excretes, grows, etc is considered a living creature. Thus this argument has been nulled. heres a brilliantly schemed statement "If the baby's health is endangered, a woman should have the right to an abortion to save the baby's life." Nope wrong guess what when you abort the baby its survial chances become zero go figure. Last but not least the "What about in cases of rape?" heres a quote i have "Should the crime of the baby's father punish the baby? When a pregnant woman is given the death penalty, she is required by law to deliver the baby before she is killed. The reasoning behind this is that the baby is not responsible for his or her mother's crime. Similarly, why should a baby be allowed to be killed just because of a crime his father committed?" hmm looks like i've awnsered most the big questions for you guys now onto some facts about abortion i have, still not convinced?

The facts:

11 WEEKS AFTER CONCEPTION
HEART IS BEATING (SINCE 18-25 DAYS)
BRAIN WAVES HAVE BEEN RECORDED AT 40 DAYS
THE BABY SQUINTS, SWALLOWS, AND CAN MAKE A FIST
THE BABY HAS FINGERPRINTS AND CAN KICK
THE BABY IS SENSITIVE TO HEAT, TOUCH, LIGHT AND NOISE
THE BABY SUCKS HIS OR HER THUMB
ALL BODY SYSTEMS ARE WORKING
THE BABY WEIGHS ABOUT 1 OUNCE AND IS 2 1/2 TO 3 INCHES LONG THE BABY COULD FIT COMFORTABLY IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND

Abortions, besides killing babies also make for horrible bodily damage. Abortion can cause "Infertility, Cervical Laceration, Uncontrollable blood clotting, Severe hemorrhage, Seizures, Coma, Cancer, Death" Not only do you kill your child, you can also screw up your own life. There was an snip-it that i found rummaging online. Its a testimonial from a abortion clinic nurse; it reads the following "In September, 1993, Brenda Pratt Shafer, a registered nurse with thirteen years or experience, was assigned by her nursing agency to an abortion clinic. Since Nurse Shafer considered herself "very pro-choice," she didn't think this assignment would be a problem. She was wrong. This is what Nurse Shafer saw:

I stood at the doctor's side and watched him perform a partial-birth abortion on a woman who was six months pregnant. The baby's heartbeat was clearly visible on the ultrasound screen. The doctor delivered the baby's body and arms, everything but his little head. The baby's body was moving. His little fingers were clasping together. He was kicking his feet. The doctor took a pair of scissors and inserted them into the back of the baby's head, and the baby's arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks that he might fall. Then the doctor opened the scissors up. Then he stuck the high-powered suction tube into the hole and sucked the baby's brains out. Now the baby was completely limp. I never went back to the clinic. But I am still haunted by the face of that little boy. It was the most perfect, angelic face I have ever seen."

Still not convinced then you must be a hardcore baby killer. I have some reference sites that i used and would like to share with you so you can better educate yourself on this growing atrocity. The first URL link is one of aborted Fetus pictures, it is extremely graphic and shouldnt be viewed if you absolutley cannot handle dead babies. URL: "http://www.mttu.com/abort-pics/". My second web site is one where i got most of my facts from, this is a highly education site about abortions and i hope everyone who reads this will take the time to further increase thier knowlege about the atrocities growing around them; heres the URL: "http://www.abortioninfo.net/facts/people.shtml". Ultimately it's the choice of the parents whether thier child lives or dies, since the law allows baby murder to go on you have free will to do so, but by educating your selves that abortions dont really fix anything, you will hopefully relize, like I have that taking a babies life will not fix your problem all you will have is more depression and the guilt of knowing that you killed a helpless child that only wanted the love of its mother and father. Remeber the child has no choice if it comes into this world, its the parents, dont kill the baby because it's inconvinent for yourself."

* Edit * ment to make a poll damn IT!!!

Whilst I don't agree with your stance, I do agree with your point about the heart beating - life technically ends when your heart stops beating (clinically dead), therefore surely when your heart BEGINS to beat is when life begins? However, this is before you'd know you were even pregnant...

However, abortions SHOULD be legal. If it wasn't, the practise would still be around, but underground in dirty conditions that would harm the women.

It's late here so I'ma go to bed rather than stay up and add more reasons... Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Nice, but now I have to fish out my Pro-choice essay for you. If I can find it I will show it for you, for your benifit of course. I am not trying to argue, just trying to help.

Now on to some arguements that try to justify killing the innocents (babies). heres my favorite "But you're not really killing the fetus, since it was never really alive." oh man what a dumb argument heres my awnser to this statement,

It might not be a good for your paper to say things like that. If your doing this for school then this would be a big no no.

Though I am against aborition after a certain amount of time has expried. Like the six month pregnat abortion confession from the nurse.

yes i can deal with like 3 months but anything later is extremely cruel imo. i also belive if you responsible for getting pregnant,from having casual sex abortion at any time period should be illegal, its your fault for getting knocked up and you should take responsiblity. BTW thanks for the C&C! check out my models on the model forums!

welp, i'm going to see what i can do for you (i'm not correcting any typos) :)

Originally posted by waedoe
this is a touchy subject but i am writing a paper about it. I am anti abortion, plz dont flame me for it but heres my rough draft tell me what you think and plz share you opinion, i know there are alot of error ( i use word pad no word check here it goes )

ABORTION THE UNSEEN ATROCITY
erm, certainly an argumentative title, but that may be ok (depends on what course this is for). the real problem, though, is the idea that abortion is "unseen", certainly on a large scale it is not. it is a flash-point for many (american) politicians, and you can turn on the news and see talking-heads going on about abortion all the time. now, on a personal scale, say within a family, abortion may be a more whispered subject, but you should qualify that title, imo.

Abortions have been around since as long as man can probably remember. It started in ancient times and has died and been resurrected throughout the course of human history.
is this true? you may want to back up that satement with some references

Today it pre-occupies the minds of many people,
this kinda contradicts your title

and is an untouchable area for most politicians.
ahh, i'd say no. most politicians make their pro-choice/pro-life stnace very well known, as i see it.

This article is my opinion about anti-abortion and the ways in which the baby is killed to achive the ultimate escape from your responsiblity and parenting problem.
i'm thinking you want to reword that as "..to ultimately achieve the escape from..", perhaps?

I'm also writing to educate you about how an abortion is carried out, and to help you formulate your own thoughts and opinions.
who are you speaking to? be careful about how you use "I" and "you" in a paper. you may want to take a more third person, objective tone. again, this all depends on the type of course it's for.

So just how is an abortion carried out? you have probably ten to twenty different choices depending on the age of the baby. lets take a look at just what some of these vile methods are.
you may not want to use such loaded terms as 'vile' this soon into the paper. all going back to objectivism, disregard if you're sure it's no concern.

1) here is the most common its called the "Suction Aspiration" heres its definition:
(vacuum curettage)The most common (98%) form of first trimester abortion . The cervix is dilated, and a powerful vacuum tube with a sharp cutting edge is inserted. The suction rips apart the body of the baby, and sucks out blood, amniotic fluid, tissue, and body parts.The most frequent post-abortion complication occurs with this method. If any fetal or placental tissue is left behind in the uterus, infection can develop.

2) number two, this is most commonly called the "Dilation and Evacuation (D&E)" heres its definition:
Generally performed in the second trimester , this is similar to D&C. Forceps are used to rip away pieces of the developing body and remove them from the womb. Because the skull has often hardened by this time, it may have to be crushed for removal.Bone fragments from the crushed skull can easily puncture the cervix, causing high blood loss.

3) number three, commonly called "Dilatation and Curettage (D&C)" heres its definition and a fun fact:
Generally performed in the first or early second trimester. The cervix is dilated or stretched to permit the insertion of a loop shaped steel knife. The body of the fetus is cut up and removed from the placenta.Blood loss and likelihood of uterine perforation are relatively high in this form of abortion.

4) a Nazi tradition accepted by americans; what a great culutral bond.
This method, first used in Nazi concentration camps and now common in America, is performed during the second or early third trimester. A needle is injected into the abdomen, and 50-250ml of amniotic liquid is removed. This is replaced by a concentrated salt that burns away and deteriorates the baby's skin. Within three days the mother goes into labor and delivers a dead, burned baby.This concentrated salt may cause severe hemmorage, cervical injuries, or side effects to the nervous system such as seizures or coma.

5) finnally the last one im going to share, the "Partial Birth Abortion" heres its lovely definition:
during the late second or third trimester. Using ultrasound, the abortionist grasps the baby's leg with forceps, and partially forcefully delivers all but the head. Scissors are then jammed into the back of the babies skull, and the wound is pryed open. A powerful vacuum tube is inserted and sucks out the baby's brain.
you should definitely cite some sources for you 'definitions'. again, the tone concerns me, you may not want to be so verbally flippant (i.e. "fun facts"). sarcasm is fine for a forum, but it must be used VERY judisciously in a critical paper (if at all!)

Now on to some arguements that try to justify killing the innocents (babies). heres my favorite "But you're not really killing the fetus, since it was never really alive." oh man what a dumb argument heres my awnser to this statement, Science has relized that any organic organism that biologically ingests, excretes, grows, etc is considered a living creature. Thus this argument has been nulled.
this is not nearly as cut-and-dry as you present it, plz familiarize yourself with at least some of the medical literature out there about the definition of the onset of "life" of a fetus (as i recall, it is primarily a matter of opinion though, but you want to word your refutation better). when (how many days/weeks) infact does a fetus begin to 'ingest, excrete, grow, etc'? is it immediate upon insemination that a zygote is ingesting and excreting?? also, "Science" should not be capitalized (unless that comma is supposed to be a period). infact, 'science' should be changed to something like 'medical science' or something (not all scientists concern themselves with gynecology..)

cont'd........

heres a brilliantly schemed statement "If the baby's health is endangered, a woman should have the right to an abortion to save the baby's life." Nope wrong guess what when you abort the baby its survial chances become zero go figure.
i think you have this backwards. i've never heard this idea. you're right in that abortion is, i believe, 100% fatal to the fetus! that's the point. i think you're confused with the arguement that it is sometimes necessary to abort a fetus to save the mother's life. am i right?

Last but not least the "What about in cases of rape?" heres a quote i have "Should the crime of the baby's father punish the baby? When a pregnant woman is given the death penalty, she is required by law to deliver the baby before she is killed. The reasoning behind this is that the baby is not responsible for his or her mother's crime. Similarly, why should a baby be allowed to be killed just because of a crime his father committed?" hmm looks like i've awnsered most the big questions for you guys now onto some facts about abortion i have, still not convinced?
of course you're simplifying the real argument based around rape, which is that the baby is a living testament of what is almost universally considered the second most heinous crime (next to murder). a testament that will grow inside the victim of this deed for 9 month's! should the mother, on whom baby's life literally depends, be forced to live with this type of shame? i'm not saying that's how i feel, but you're not dealing with the meat of the argument.

The facts:

11 WEEKS AFTER CONCEPTION
HEART IS BEATING (SINCE 18-25 DAYS)
BRAIN WAVES HAVE BEEN RECORDED AT 40 DAYS
THE BABY SQUINTS, SWALLOWS, AND CAN MAKE A FIST
THE BABY HAS FINGERPRINTS AND CAN KICK
THE BABY IS SENSITIVE TO HEAT, TOUCH, LIGHT AND NOISE
THE BABY SUCKS HIS OR HER THUMB
ALL BODY SYSTEMS ARE WORKING
THE BABY WEIGHS ABOUT 1 OUNCE AND IS 2 1/2 TO 3 INCHES LONG THE BABY COULD FIT COMFORTABLY IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
so are you saying abortion is ok before 11 weeks?

Abortions, besides killing babies also make for horrible bodily damage. Abortion can cause "Infertility, Cervical Laceration, Uncontrollable blood clotting, Severe hemorrhage, Seizures, Coma, Cancer, Death" Not only do you kill your child, you can also screw up your own life.
some statistics (along with the sources) would be nice on exactly how often things like this happen (in your country of origin at least).

There was an snip-it that i found rummaging online. Its a testimonial from a abortion clinic nurse; it reads the following "In September, 1993, Brenda Pratt Shafer, a registered nurse with thirteen years or experience, was assigned by her nursing agency to an abortion clinic. Since Nurse Shafer considered herself "very pro-choice," she didn't think this assignment would be a problem. She was wrong. This is what Nurse Shafer saw:

I stood at the doctor's side and watched him perform a partial-birth abortion on a woman who was six months pregnant. The baby's heartbeat was clearly visible on the ultrasound screen. The doctor delivered the baby's body and arms, everything but his little head. The baby's body was moving. His little fingers were clasping together. He was kicking his feet. The doctor took a pair of scissors and inserted them into the back of the baby's head, and the baby's arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks that he might fall. Then the doctor opened the scissors up. Then he stuck the high-powered suction tube into the hole and sucked the baby's brains out. Now the baby was completely limp. I never went back to the clinic. But I am still haunted by the face of that little boy. It was the most perfect, angelic face I have ever seen."
source? undoubtedly a pro-life website. be aware that that tyep of reference is not generally regarded as quality by critical thinkers.

Still not convinced then you must be a hardcore baby killer. I have some reference sites that i used and would like to share with you so you can better educate yourself on this growing atrocity. The first URL link is one of aborted Fetus pictures, it is extremely graphic and shouldnt be viewed if you absolutley cannot handle dead babies. URL: "http://www.mttu.com/abort-pics/". My second web site is one where i got most of my facts from, this is a highly education site about abortions and i hope everyone who reads this will take the time to further increase thier knowlege about the atrocities growing around them; heres the URL: "http://www.abortioninfo.net/facts/people.shtml".
you should reference these individually to the citation on the body using normal superscript numbering or something, understand? also, is this part of the paper? is it an online paper or a normal 'paper' paper? referneces should go at the end, in a separate section, not in the body of the paper. plz download and view some scince articles or other technical literature if you're not sure what i'm talking about.

Ultimately it's the choice of the parents whether thier child lives or dies, since the law allows baby murder to go on you have free will to do so, but by educating your selves that abortions dont really fix anything, you will hopefully relize, like I have that taking a babies life will not fix your problem all you will have is more depression and the guilt of knowing that you killed a helpless child that only wanted the love of its mother and father. Remeber the child has no choice if it comes into this world, its the parents, dont kill the baby because it's inconvinent for yourself."
this was by far your strongest statement and arguemant, you should elaborate on it! give some references about the post-abortion psyhological trauma you make mention of, there may be some statistics out there about this??

hope this helped.

thank you all your helping me write a better paper, also i only have 600 words to work with, this is 1200 so its hard to add more, damn school budget.

thank you all your helping me write a better paper, also i only have 600 words to work with, this is 1200 so its hard to add more, damn school budget.
a good way to cut down on the verbage is to maybe only have one 'definition' instead of 4 or 5 or whatnot.. one will get the point across as well as four.

sorry pendragon :)

pendragon makes two good points that i didn't really touch on too!!!!

Yeah....Id have to say after 3 months is dumb. The one thing I cant stand are the Anti-aborition "tactics". Like when they drive around on a buissy freeway with one of those big ad vans that have a picture of an aborited baby. I really dont see how that can be legal. If some little kid saw that it could screw them up really bad.
And the extreamist religous people that go kill the doctors that do it. Thats really stupid.
I think if your resposible for getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant and want an abortion you should get a swift smack in the head. But it shouldnt be illegal. With alot of people who get pregnant the situation they are in they wouldnt be able to take care of the baby. So...I dont really think it should be illegal.
And what do I care what some one else does with their body?

sorry if i repeat anything; i type really slowly so something might be said earlier.

anyways, first of all you have some good points in there but, well, i'm a bit biased seeing as i'm anti-abortion too.

now some more useful comments:
1) is this a formal paper? if it is, most teachers don't allow the use of "i" or "you." also saying "this article is my opinion" or something like "i'm writing this paper to tell you what i think about blah" is usually not allowed. don't speak directly to the audience or ask the audience questions if it's a formal paper. like one of my teachers said "the person reading it isn't gonna be replying back to you so don't ask them questions like they are"

2) "here's its definition" should probably not be used. instead maybe "blahblahblah is defined as blahblah,blahblah" although that uses passive voice so it should probably be reworded.... bringing me to...

3) this depends on what grade or course you're in, but passive voice should be replaced by active voice. i personally don't understand what's so wrong about passive voice, but most teachers want active, and if you're in middle school or something it impresses them...lol, and if you're in high school 11th grade up then it may be required.

4) you should cite your sources... if this is meant as some form of research paper, then put a bibliography at the end... if it is long or a really formal paper you might have footnotes although you usually don't use 'em for normal papers. but all sources should be cited... which also means that for those links maybe you should say something like "several photos reveal the horrors of abortion. for example, one depicts blahblahblah,blahblah" then in-text documentation, then bibliography with source information instead of just saying "there's a photo at this link: blahblah" since it's highly unlikely that your teacher will want to go to a link to see a picture. and that quote from shafer is really long. if you're allowed to put in long quotes then you should indent and leave off quotations (that's for quotes more than three lines long) and then of course in-text documentation

5) if this is a formal paper for english perhaps, then the teacher might not like the lists and might want it in paragraph form... but then if it was for english they might also want a thesis-controlled paper. depends on what class it's for, purpose of the paper, individual rules, etc.

6) if this is more like an editorial or an informal paper then you might not need a lot of these grammar rules... or a lot of the stuff above; if not maybe check up on some more formal grammar. i'm not sure what your teacher wants though; my english teacher is pretty crazy with formal grammar--no contractions, no use of "to be" or any conjugations of that; no passive voice, no run-ons or fragments, no dangling modifiers...etc.

but anyways, some very good content and i'm totally with you on the anti-abortion issue; i think that people should be responsible for what they do and that even when they're not responsible for it that's no reason to deny the right to life to a child. and for stuff like "it's not a human being before so-and-so amt. of time"... well heck it has the potential to become a human being so i don't see that as a valid argument.

yeah its an opinions article for the school news paper so i can use alot of lingo, thanks to the liberalism in my school, which im not. any how i agree totally on the abortion thing DFC05. Sayin that a mother isnt responsible for getting pregnant after have sex is like sayin, a thief isnt responsible for robbing a store, i dunno if that makes sense but remeber there are always consiquences for your actions good or bad, thats what life is, if you rob a store you go to jail if you have sex most likely you'll get pregnant, as for the argument i dont have enough money , first off you shouldnt be out getting knocked up if your not rdy to have a child, second off theres adoption, and it is possible to take care of a child when ur low on cash my mother did it with me and look how i turned out. Killing isnt the awnser its a quick fix for that period of time.

*Edit* here are my sources:

Graphic pictures of aborted Children: http://www.mttu.com/abort-pics/

Facts about abortions: http://www.abortioninfo.net/facts/people.shtml

Pro-choice essay

Ok, few warnings before you read this. This essay was just something I did because I had to; it was worth 200 points, the whole quarter grade. I was not happy do this at all and put little effort into it. Got a B+ don’t know why, now that I read this over it doesn't even deserve a C+.

Outline

Thesis: Abortion is a women's right and should be allowed.

I: What is abortion?
A: Definition
B: How is it done?

II: Medical Abortion
A: Medicine used

II: Reasons why it should be allowed.
A: Women’s right
B: Dangers of illegal abortions
C: Logical Reasons
D: Pro-Life Excuses
E: History

III: Summery

-Abortion-

Abortion has always been a very controversial subject in the world. Many are against it, many are for it, and some have no opinion. Through it is legal today. It was not always legal. Abortion should stay legal and probably always will be in the U.S.

Abortion is the ending of a pregnancy using medication or surgery. Surgical abortion is done by taking out the fetus/embryo and getting rid of reproductive tissues that then line the uterus. Medical abortion is done by taking a medication that will kill the embryo, and then the embryo would be expelled. If the embryo is not expelled then a surgical abortion will be done. Safe medications are used in medical abortion such as methotrewate, mifepristone, and misoprostol. Due to rapid advances in medical technology, abortion has become safer than what it use to be.

Methotrexate has been in the U.S. since 1953. It was used to treat certain types of cancer. They soon found that it could end an unwanted pregnancy. Given in the form of an injection or shot. Mifepristone was also known as RU-486, it was tested to be an abortion-inducing agent. Mifepristione is taken in a pill form. Misoprostol is taken after mifepristione or methotrexate. It can be taken orally or put into the vagina. It causes the uterus to empty and end the pregnancy.

It is a woman's right to choose if she wants an abortion. The book, “Abortion: Opposing Viewpoint", by Beverly Wildung Harrison, under the title "Abortion Should Be a Woman's Personal Choice", says "Pro-choice advocates claim that since the fetus develops inside a woman's body, it should be her prerogative to abort."(Harrison 51) Pro-choice women believe that abortion is a private issue in which women can decide whether they want an abortion or not. Also, they think the government should not be allowed to interfere with a decision to limit the right to an abortion.

In the past there were many danger associated with illegal abortion. "Back-street" abortions usually injured the mothers. Some were so serious that the mother could never have children again, and some mothers even died from illegal abortions. Before the Roe v. Wade seventy five percent of all pregnant teens gave birth. The other twenty-five percent either had miscarriages or illegal abortions.

Logical reasons also show that abortion should stay legal. The Bill of Rights says that individuals have the right to personal autonomy. This means the government has no business in a person's decision. Roe vs. Wade, a Supreme Court case, made abortion legal. The pro-choice people won by one vote. Surgical abortion has also been safe when done correctly and done in sanitary conditions. "Abortion is one of the safest types of surgery" says www.prochoice.org. If a women's life were in serious danger by pregnancy it would be a good idea to have an abortion. Also, if the baby has serious birth defects it would be a good decision to end its life before it is born so it did not have to suffer.

Pro-Life people have made excuses to try and stop women from making abortions. They say, "abortions increase the risk of breast cancer and endangers future childbearing. They claim that women that have abortions without complications will still have difficulty conceiving or carrying a pregnancy, will develop ectopic (outside the uterus) pregnancies, will deliver stillborn babies, or will become sterile." Major body and medical research have debunked these excuses.

Abortion has been legal in the U.S. for a long time and most likely will be. The winning of the Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has made it so that abortion would never be outlawed for a very long time. Pro-Life people still stand in front of abortion clinics to try and keep people from having abortions.

Abortion, even though it has been made legal by the Supreme Court, still is under fire by pro-life people. They succeeded for about one hundred years, until it was made legal again. The U.S. is considered a free country and the ability to have an abortion as a personal choice proves that it is.

Work Cited

John Paul II
"Abortion is Immoral"
Greenhaven Press, San Diego, CA
April 6, 1995

American Civil Liberties Union
"Abortion Should Not Be Restricted"
Greenhaven Press, San Diego, CA

Beverly Wildung Harrison
"Abortion Should Be a Women's Personal Choice"
Abortion: Opposing Viewpoint
Greenhaven Press, Minnesota

Ann Byers
Teens and Pregnancy
Enslow Publishers, Inc. NJ

Puala Edelson
Straight Talk About Teenage Pregnancy
Facts On File, New York

What is Medical Abortion?
www.prochoice.org

Safety of Abortion
www.prochoice.org

End
(Due to my complete incompetence, the essay’s spelling has been revised with a spell check program.)

Remember, I didn't really care all that much, I did it to pass the class.

oh it's an article for your school newspaper. well then you can basically disregard almost all the junk i wrote. good job on the article btw :D

ok now who wants to help me with my oedipus rex essay.... you know you all want to.... :) j/k

Abortion is a touchy subject, but my opinion is that it should ONLY be used when,

A) the pregency has a good chance of complcations that would result in the women being seriously harmed or killed.

B) the pregency is the result of a rape, and the women could NOT deal with bearing the child of her attacker. (if it happend to you, could you deal with it ?)

damaged i could agree with that, i understand dont think im a monster for not wanting babies to be aborted after a rape. But i am against all abortions that are the fault of the parents from casual or unprotected sex.

You should change your essay to sound a little bit more professional. From what I've seen this is supose to be a persuasive essay. Now I saw somewhere you started to state the opposing side's opinion like "Oh its not alive" or whatever (I'm too lazy right now to go back and look :) ) but in a persuasive essay it is smart not even to list their opinions. Just instead of saying that just say oh its alive at this age because this, this, and this. If you are going to talk about the opposing side, talk about their major flaws so that the reader doesn't come up to a point where they see the opposing sides opinion and say, "Hey I like that point of view better." So just stick to their flaws. And seriously try to perfossionalize it a bit because its a little too formal for a school essay if thats what its for.

While we're on the subject :) Has anyone seen the South Park where Eric's mom wants to get an abortion so she goes to the clinic and they ask what trimester the baby is in and she says eight. Then the lady that worked there was like theres only 3 trimesters. And then Eric's mom said she means her 8 year old son and the lady says they cant abort a child that was already born. Lol what a classic.

EDIT: I skimmed through it again and found some other things. Be sure to cite your sources or else you can get pinned with plagerism. And don't number thats a no no. Make each point a seperate paragraph. Spelling, gramatical, and capitalization errors need to be fixed. Don't do it in Word Pad, try Microsoft Word or find an on-line checker. if this has to be MLA format tell me cause then you have to do even more correcting.

Originally posted by Damaged

B) the pregency is the result of a rape, and the women could NOT deal with bearing the child of her attacker. (if it happend to you, could you deal with it ?)

i probably wouldn't be able to deal with it, but i also wouldn't be able to deal with having an abortion... so either way i'd lose; it'd be a pretty bad situation to be in

ok i wont flame you but....

there are so many problems with anti-abortionism i dont know where to start.

besides, the baby has the brain memory of a dead sheep, and the nervous systm too, this is more about womens rights than anything. What about rape victims? or simply just unwanted pregnancy?
George Bush is against abortion which is why i dont like him, your in america right? good.

i hate babies, so i'm a little biased. :D

if you want a good essay do this:

state one argumant side

state the other argumant side

state your belief and why.

it shows you have understood both sides of the argumant and came to a fair non-biased decision.
-------------------------------------------------

let me ask you one question: Are you religious?

(this is a relevant question)

waedoe

Whats your take on abortion in the situation where the child is highly likely to suffer a serious physical or mental handicap? Do you think it is justifiable in that situation, given that they will never experience the fullness and quality of life that most people take for granted because of their handicaps?

Also what are you thoughts on Voluntary euthanasia? Do you think people should be allowed the right to choose to die?

It really pisses me off how people value human life so highly and then tuck into a nice steak for dinner. Where is the logic? Human newborns are not any more clever than a cow, but you can kill a cow and have it for supper. I'd like to see someone do that with a baby (um actually I wouldn't I'm just making a point).

Sure, maybe a baby has the potential to grow into a walking, talking intellectual person. But so do the millions of sperms that die everytime we have sex.

ps. I have no opinion on this because I can't seem to come up with one. Any time I think about it, it seems to lead me on to Bigger Things.

Just like to point out (in case it hasn't already been mentioned) the irony that whilst so much of the US harps on about "the rights of the child" being violated by abortions, yet it stands as one of only two countries which has refused to ratify the Convention on the Rights of a Child (a major international human rights treaty)

But i am against all abortions that are the fault of the parents from casual or unprotected sex.

I should think that would depend upon the age and committment of the parent(s). If they do not want the child, it may not be brought up in a fashion that is healthy for it.

Then again, they could always put it up for adoption...

Kadayi Polokov waedoe
Whats your take on abortion in the situation where the child is highly likely to suffer a serious physical or mental handicap? Do you think it is justifiable in that situation, given that they will never experience the fullness and quality of life that most people take for granted because of their handicaps?
Also what are you thoughts on Voluntary euthanasia? Do you think people should be allowed the right to choose to die?

First id like to add that my best friends brother Is Autistic( dunno if i spelled that right ) To me it seems alot of times that life is difficult for him but then again, he has alot of happy moments to. From what ive seen, his parents and his brother enjoy having him around, as do i. Hes taught me alot about life and how to get along and treat other people. Hes Mental Retardation is pretty bad, he cant talk really (he can only say yes or no pretty much) and he has a hard time doing certain things ( poor balancing skills ). As for if a child is born physically disabled to the point where its going to die any ways i think an abortion should be called for. I would how ever like to have them abort the child ASAP, to cause less pain and suffering for both the mother and the child.

Originally posted by MrD
It really pisses me off how people value human life so highly and then tuck into a nice steak for dinner. Where is the logic? Human newborns are not any more clever than a cow, but you can kill a cow and have it for supper. I'd like to see someone do that with a baby (um actually I wouldn't I'm just making a point).

BadgerEDIT: Don't post links to that. Please

if you can't handle the crap shown there, please don't look at it ... and blame me for spilling your breakfast over your keyboard. ******.com at it's "best"...

<edit> i don't really have an opinion bout that.
on the one hand i think a fetus is alive, when it's a few days old and would simply be killed.

on the other hand there are some exceptions, like rape, or maybe the mother is in danger(?) if she's gotta give birth to a child. (healthwise ..etc.)

I'm sorry, but what is wrong with casual sex??? And why does that invalidate the choice of someone??

I'm pro-choice :dozey:

nothing wrong with it but you have to take responsibility for your actions, if you get pregnant its your fault not the babies. (this applys to casual sex not rape)

Yeah, but how the hell does that stop you choosing if something goes wrong? Protection isn't foolproof, acidents happen.

Well, I guess if you take the chance and have casual sex which results in pregnency you should suffer with the consequences. If the women really can't handle raising a child, give him or her up for adoption. Don't kill it because of your mistake.

That's just my personal moral stance though, I'm not going to try to force it upon anyone.

Yes and you know that, you are taking the risk and, making an educated decision off it dont blame your actions on some one else :)

but the baby deosn't give a shit, as far as i'm concerd its not alive yet, just like i dont think many animals are alive (snails, insects, etc)[i do think there alive i just dont value them as alive]

i think you should beable to what you want, after all, why should the mother go through all the pain of birth, to give birth to a child noone wants to love? kill it before it cares.

I am pro-choice. If you are against abortion, don't do it. It should be an option though for people like me.

king John, I don't understand your stance on the issue. Why jump to abortion? Why not just have the child and give it up for adoption? I know for a fact that there are plenty of people who would love to have their own child but can't because medical problems. Why not just have the baby and give it up? You would be giving that child the gift of life and some people the means to make a family. Saying kill it before it cares is awfully brutal. Don't treat human life with such disregard.

Back