Anti-aliasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that pc games and gaming in general will became a form of art like cinema, theatre painting and as a hobby that i really enjoy it is unique because as we can see we can be a small part in the creative process in the form of testers for games and from feed back for patches , add-ons and sequels.
Its in this union of the creators of the games and the end users , us that will be the future of video games.
i think that its this concern from the devs in the worries of us gamers whether its FAAA or the lack of waves that will mark the future of video gaming as a mainstream hobby or form of entertainment.

And on Carmack and Newell i think that its not just these 2 guys that we should respect for what we get to play because there are more people envolved that are as important for the final product.

Anyway thank you for reading are posts.

NOW GET BACK TO FINISHING THE GAME! :)

I don't think he will.
He would be chased be all of us, while asking him dozens of questions.

I think rather than he will take another nickname if he wants to chat :cool:

I think that was cool of him to stop by a forum and set the record straight.

Wow this is the famous Gabe thread. I was on vacation last week, so I'll just post here for the record. :cheese:

Omg Big Brother is watching us . "Runs away in fear of posting" :dork:

Hell 2 ATI and HL2

Excess crap detected.

Attachments

• fx.jpg
    fx.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 349
Originally posted by Pr()ZaC
nVidiafx...what are you, a 3 years old PR from nVidiotsVille?
Nah, I think he's much older, you know how memory is then. He is clearly confusing the words "Nvidia" with "ATI" and "ATI" with "Vodoo" (and probably "Doom 3" with "Duke Nukem 3D", they are close). He's living in the past, just that his old mind adds modern names on random in the sentence. :)

that was quite honestly, *the* most uninformed, least thought through, least intelligent post i have ever read

kid, you have no ****ing clue what the hell you're talking about

Originally posted by Killj00
lmao, i think he should just re-phrase his sentence...lol

Sentence? I didn't see a period at the end of it... more like a run on sentence... lol ;)

Good grief nVidiafx, this isn't a PR issue, its a tech issue. ATI has the hardware in place that happens to allow an proper fix, NVIDA doesn't. Simple as that. It isn't some crime ATI conspired to commit.

And how can you compare an Ultra to a vanilla 9800? Doom3 is the only game in which NVIDA really pulls ahead of the 9800 in general, and as many gaming review sites have pointed out, this is almost certainly because ATI currently released drivers aren't compatible with D3: something that will be remedied long before the game is released.

nvidiafx u rock lol thanks for making me laugh hard... NOW STAY THE **** AWAY FROM SERIOUS THREADS!!!!!!! Especially threads made by cool ppl like our beloved Gabe Newell... Thx for clarifying it for us Gabe! Keep up teh good work (u may even reply 2 my email thx ;o)

nvidiafx is my new hero.. I think he should post more. :bounce:

Why don't you just delete the posts instead of edit them Munro? This way people don't read the edited garbage and get confused on what all the fuss is about.

You need better Moderators here also to delete all these useless threads and posts that have nothing to do with Half-Life 2.

Feel free to delete this useless post also.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS GABE NEWALL!!!!!!!!!!!
heh i had to do that............... keep up the awesome work Gabe!!!!!

galoot3000 said:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS GABE NEWALL!!!!!!!!!!!
heh i had to do that............... keep up the awesome work Gabe!!!!!

Another thread destined for locking.
Don't kick old threads up, let them stay dead

Why did you bumb it up?

It's probably going to get closed now.

Gabe Newell said:
We'll release one of the demo movies with the anti-aliasing artifacts in and one with the anti-aliasing changes.
What happened to that?

What the... How old IS this thread? It's the first time I've seen it!?

And omg it's Gabe! We love you Gabe!
Man, it must be so cool to be so respected, and imagine all the pressure he is under! He is expected to release one of the most revolutionary games of all time, FOR THE SECOND TIME! Don't panic old buddy! :)

Vahishta said:
This is what re-affirms my faith in Valve and HL2... :)

Old threads being kicked up? or Gabe posting at a fan forum? ;)

To make sure this thread dies a quick death...I'm in before the lock. Wohoo, I FEEL GREAT!!! :E :D :p

Going to close this for a while. Bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back