Anybody else looking forward to Alexander?

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
I certainly am! I can't wait until its released. I don't go to too many movies each year, perhaps 2 or 3 a year, and this will be one of mine for this year. After playing a bunch of rome total war, I can't wait to experience Alexander and see the elephants and phalanx formation troops and stuff on the battlefields of the movie <drools>

I'm sick and ****ing tired of huge battles...
It seems as if moviemakers are like:
"Hmmm...in LOTR they had a huge battle with 100.000 orcs....sooooo, we'll make a battle with 200.000 humans! YES SIR! It's a blockbuster for sure!"

Frank said:
I'm sick and ****ing tired of huge battles...
It seems as if moviemakers are like:
"Hmmm...in LOTR they had a huge battle with 100.000 orcs....sooooo, we'll make a battle with 200.000 humans! YES SIR! It's a blockbuster for sure!"

I've got nothing wrong with huge battles. Besides, if its historically accurate, then I love it. Battles in the ancient world were hugeeee.

Besides, whats the problem with huge battles anyways? I love the epic feeling they give. As long as they are dynamic and not just boring.

I dont like the actores they picked at all.

Raziel-Jcd said:
I dont like the actores they picked at all.

Ehh, I didn't like that they picked tom cruise for last samurai, but he did a stellar job.

mee tooo....it looks great, i love those kinds of movies

like gladiator, have not seen troy yet but will buy on dvd

I'm getting a bit tired of all these "giant CGI battle" movies too.

Now, if the entire movie were just alexander on a horse versus the elephant, that would kick ass. Keep it simple, keep the peripheral distractions down. Horse vs. Elephant.

But, instead we an epic biography of a dozen epic characters participating in a dozen epic battles across a dozen epic landscapes with epic music blaring all the while.

I'd really prefer just watching two guys drinking coffee and discussing the news at this point.
No more epic-ness!
I'm sick of epics!

...but I'm still gonna see it... there are some homosexual love scenes in it...

I am kind of iffy about Oliver Stone directing it, should of gotten ridley scott.

Mechagodzilla, the point of Alexander the movie, is to tell a true story of a man that actualy existed, the story of the battles, that actualy happened.

That is why it will be better than Troy. :|

I just saw the movie today. I must say, it was long, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. People who aren't educated in the subject matter might be lost and confused and dissapointed, but gladly i'm not one of those, and so I was enjoying every minute of the three hours =)

Back