Anyone else getting utterly shitty preformance?

theotherguy

Reaction score
;( Well, I played it last night and it was not enjoyable at all...mainly because I was running at 2 FPS the entire time. Now, I'm able to play hl2 at full settings at around 55 FPS most of the time, so naturally I assumed I could turn all my settings on full...boy was I wrong. The only way I can even get playable framerates is by turning everything off and running at the lowest resolution possible (at which my framerate becomes about 20) I started increasing the settings until now I have shadows on medium, textures and geometry on high, terrain on high, lighting on low, dynamic lights off, AA at 4x and AF on high at a resolution of 1024X768 at 60hz and Im getting maybe 12-18 FPS.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

these are my specs
1.9 Ghz Pentium 4
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
768 MB RAM
SoundBlaster Audigy 2

Your CPU is getting a little long in the tooth; could be the problem.

I'm experiencing very long load times, and sometimes the game locks up when I click on a server to join it and usually I get a lot of lag. But otherwise it's a great game.

my Server browser is all fugged it lags I cant scroll right sometimes it freezes for 5 min
does anybody know what to do?

Nope, I'm getting great performance on medium settings. It's actually running better then BF1942 did on my system.

AMD Sempron 2800+
ATI Radeon 9600XT All-in-Wonder
1GB PC2700 RAM

LemonKing: Im getting that problem too, with the lag. The way I fixed it was I updated my nForce mobo drivers it seems to be smoother.

mhm have an Asus mobo Il try to install some nu drivers too

Can anyone tell me why for some reason my server list dies and the game freezes on me...

It didnt used to! Damnit!

Also, someone who has Xfire.. tell me my precise account name please (its something like marksman or marksmanhl2...

I need it because that went ****ed up too...

AMD 2.0ghz
1GB ram
9800 pro

Running awsome on max details...and yeah, the server browser is boned :p

Lemonking said:
same prob here marksman what ur mobo?

Dont actually know... its a dell system my family bought a while ago. Why would that affect it?

Newho, its done it again. I'm gona reinstall the demo. I'll tell you if it works :)

the game itself is kinda shitty performance but the Server Broweser is fugged

Lemonking said:
the game itself is kinda shitty performance but the Server Broweser is fugged

Indeed it doesnt come up with anything at all...

Sometimes it does actually.... but thats when it freezes!!!! ;(

I'm installing again now...

And can someone Please Tell Me my XFIRE name! :)

Well actually I usually stop lagging with I turn off my Firewall and Anti Virus. The performance boost is a high, but I say just experiment around. My BF2 just crashed I was in midgame and I went to the menu and it just froze up o_O,.

Im getting perfect framerates on default settings, very long loading times.

my specs (again)
P4 2,44 @ 2,88Ghz
Geforce6800OC from BFgtech
1gig Kingston HyperX ra,

and I had to set everything to low!
that sucks real bad

EDIT: what are your specs Ritz??

Guys, How do you know how many fps are you getting in this game?, I tried with fraps and it does not work, do you use the console command? in that case what is it? please reply, I created a topic and nobody helped me... ;(

im getting great performance butit made my pc BSOD cos i didnt use the included nvidia beta drivers :p

'cmon this is an EA game, from the schreenshots you could see that it would take a monster pc to play this game, I mean not only does it look beautiful, and with a lot of shit on the screen, it's an EA game, EA never optimizes. They only care to draw you to buy it, afetrt hat they don't give a shit. And they always put the system specs way to low.

Upon further playing, the game runs like complete and utter crap. I have a 9800 pro card and I get NONSTOP lag. I'm not talking little skips, I'm talking walk up to an enemy base, "There is a problem with your connection" for 17 seconds, and then you're dead. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Not to mention I'm running this game on medium settings on 1024 x 760. I can run hl2 and css at 1600 x 1200 with some AA and run it great. Also this is with the latest catalyst drivers (5.6).

Grey Fox said:
'cmon this is an EA game, from the schreenshots you could see that it would take a monster pc to play this game, I mean not only does it look beautiful, and with a lot of shit on the screen, it's an EA game, EA never optimizes. They only care to draw you to buy it, afetrt hat they don't give a shit. And they always put the system specs way to low.

EA never optimizes because EA doesn't make the game, oh wise one.

poseyjmac said:
EA never optimizes because EA doesn't make the game, oh wise one.
They fund it, they controll it, they make the decisions, they playtest it. So yes they are responsible, Dice may be the dev but they anwser to EA. It's not by coincidence that almost all their games are like that.

Grey Fox said:
They fund it, they controll it, they make the decisions, they playtest it. So yes they are responsible, Dice may be the dev but they anwser to EA. It's not by coincidence that almost all their games are like that.

I never claimed they weren't responsible, oh wise one.

try deleting your movies folder that should fix it marksman

too get rid of the lag while browsing the Servers simply delete the Movie folder

C:\Programme\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Movies
delete it their will be no annoying intros so loading times are faster too!!
when I got rid of that folder the Server Browser worked fine for me

Back