Aperture or Black Mesa

Apeture or Black Mesa

• Aperture Science

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • Black Mesa Research Facility

Votes: 116 69.5%

• Total voters
Black Mesa definitely. Look at the numbers. One known survivor/escapee from Aperture, over twenty from Black Mesa (who are now the leaders of the Resistance!)

Black Mesa definitely. Look at the numbers. One known survivor/escapee from Aperture, over twenty from Black Mesa (who are now the leaders of the Resistance!)

Aperture science is A Space Odyssey, Black Mesa is Planet of the Apes.

Personally, if I had a choice, I wouldn't be in either. It pretty much means death in both cases. But, if I had to choose, I'll choose Aperture, because then there's a slim possiblity of me living through the entire ordeal. It becomes a little more even if a Nuke wasn't really dropped on Black Mesa, but even then I'll have to stick with Aperture. After all, we don't know if everyone died in Aperture - it could have been a massive evacuation. We know people died in droves in Black Mesa.

Personally, if I had a choice, I wouldn't be in either. It pretty much means death in both cases. But, if I had to choose, I'll choose Aperture, because then there's a slim possiblity of me living through the entire ordeal. It becomes a little more even if a Nuke wasn't really dropped on Black Mesa, but even then I'll have to stick with Aperture. After all, we don't know if everyone died in Aperture - it could have been a massive evacuation. We know people died in droves in Black Mesa.

But you could follow Gordon, Adrian, or Barney through the whole ordeal. Or you can just follow a clone to its death.

I would prefer Black Mesa because there is nor freaky A.I that floods the facility with a neuro-toxin. Black Mesa employees seems to have a better life expectancy. : )

I would prefer Black Mesa because there is nor freaky A.I that floods the facility with a neuro-toxin. Black Mesa employees seems to have a better life expectancy. : )

Tell that to all the people either brutally killed by aliens, brutally killed by the military, or brutally killed by electricity/falling debris.

Tell that to all the people either brutally killed by aliens, brutally killed by the military, or brutally killed by electricity/falling debris.

Both labs brought on their own end. Black Mesa brought on its own and the entire human population's end.

For all you aperture science "fans" out there, I think you should remember a few things:

1. Don't really think i wanna work with a AI that's lieing and trying to kill me.
2. All that white, beautiful and "high technology" is just an fake let's say illusion, because as you can see when you progres in the game behind all that is the true world, a rusty, lifeless world.
Or to say this to you in a few words, I'll quote something from the game: "The cake is a lie".

So I choose: Black Mesa, hands on.

For all you aperture science "fans" out there, I think you should remember a few things:

1. Don't really think i wanna work with a AI that's lieing and trying to kill me.
2. All that white, beautiful and "high technology" is just an fake let's say illusion, because as you can see when you progres in the game behind all that is the true world, a rusty, lifeless world.
Or to say this to you in a few words, I'll quote something from the game: "The cake is a lie".

Is it really lying if the person is clearly not telling the truth?

Like say you walk up to bill gates, and ask where he was born: "The south side of Africa."

Is he lying?

Aperture seems less responsible for destroying the world with an alien f***storm, so thats another good one

The problem here and with most of the answers in this thread, is that you're all assuming that if you were in the facility of your choice what would happen to you would mirror what's seen in the game. While that's entirely true for Black Mesa, it's the very opposite for Aperture.

1. If I'm not a test subject, then I wouldn't need to talk to GLaDOS or experience the tests at all.
2. At the time of the Neurotoxin Release, if it indeed happened, the back areas of of the game was as pristine as the actual Chambers. And, even if it weren't so, who cares what the facility looks like?

The only real threat one would get from Aperture when it was in its prime is from GLaDOS' Neurotoxin Release, which, as many has stated, we can't be sure even really happened because of how unreliable GLaDOS is, or, if it was released, whether the entire facility was killed off or only a few. But, with the Black Mesa Incident, death is nearly assured. I don't know how to use guns and I don't have a nifty HEV suit on me. So, I'm screwed. I'll too sum it up into a simple sentence.

Black Mesa: Death. Aperture: ?

Then again, I've never been a good gambler.

Aperture Science because unlike Black Mesa, while you guys are waiting for the aliens to come to you, we're putting on our coats and finding them ourselves:cool:
orbiter2009-02-2816-41-16-21.jpg

No she wasn't. GLaDOS was ahead of her time. The only mistake they made was not waiting until construction on the Morality Core to finish before powering her up.

Yes because its so moral to drop a person into a pit of fire. Or so GlaDOS told me.

Aperture Science because unlike Black Mesa, while you guys are waiting for the aliens to come to you, we're putting on our coats and finding them ourselves:cool:
orbiter2009-02-2816-41-16-21.jpg

OMG another orbiter sim player, you almost never see those outside of the forums...

Back