Aperture or Black Mesa

Apeture or Black Mesa

• Aperture Science

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • Black Mesa Research Facility

Votes: 116 69.5%

• Total voters
Well, i'd say building a robot what kills the whole facility is a HUUUGE failure.

Black Mesa. Aperture has no biology division as far as we know.
I guess they've had, think of things like genetic lifeform component of GLaDOS...
Oh, and The Heimlich Counter-Maneuver, of course.

if it was to defend the technology there, there might have been no other choice. the techology on the borealis could result in another black mesa incident and thats just whats being kept on their ship.

So, GLaDOS was on Borealis now? Where the hell are you getting that? We don't know anything about Borealis, so lets not speculate about things not yet known.

So, GLaDOS was on Borealis now? Where the hell are you getting that? We don't know anything about Borealis, so lets not speculate about things not yet known.

not what i said. i said "the techology on the borealis could result in another black mesa incident and thats just whats being kept on their ship. " meaning the things they have at the borealis can cause another incident similar to black mesa, and thats just the stuff there keeping on their ship. the stuff in there main base would be alot more powerful/better then the stuff on the borealis, which means they must take more precautions and defend it better.

my theory is that the borealis used a portal to teleport away from something attacking them to protect the technology, and glados did a similar thing at the enrichment center.

Didn't Black Mesa only start working on Portal technology after Aperture Science? Those bastards. I'm with Aperture.

Didn't Black Mesa only start working on Portal technology after Aperture Science? Those bastards. I'm with Aperture.

not sure. aperture built glados in respone to black mesa working on portal technology though. without black mesa there might be no GLaDOS.

But GLaDOS (presumably) killed everyone! So, by proxy, Black Mesa killed everyone at Aperture!

Well..Black mEsa is loaded with storage facilities and here was a rocket. Aperture Science has no rocket.

so black mesa caused 2 epic failures.........and...what good came out of black mesa?

Oh for christ sakes you agree with him?! Where do you get that Black Mesa killed all the scientists in Aperture? Oh i quit

How come? Was GLaDOS built by Gordon? Don't mix up facts and fiction.

GLaDOS was built in response to black mesa working on portal technology. if there was no black mesa, they couldnt work on portal technology and if they weren't working on portal technology there would be no GLaDOS. which is why no black mesa=no GLaDOS.

I will go to black mesa, you don't need money to buy drinks from the vending machines.
You can kill people without getting into trouble.
And you don't need many qualifications to work there, you just have to press buttons most of the time ;)

GLaDOS was built in response to black mesa working on portal technology. if there was no black mesa, they couldnt work on portal technology and if they weren't working on portal technology there would be no GLaDOS. which is why no black mesa=no GLaDOS.

Yes your right. I think it's better to stop this argument.

imma right

imma right

you havent said anything other then question everything ive said.

from the half life wiki: in 1986, Aperture Science's rivalry with Black Mesa began (see below). Aperture Science heard that Black Mesa worked on portal technology similar to that which Aperture Science was working on. In response, Aperture Science began to develop the Genetic Lifeform and Disc Operating System

I'm going to agree with Gordon. Did Dr. Freeman build GLaDOS? No? Then how is it related to Black Mesa BESIDES THE FACT THAT THEY BUILT IT IN RESPOSE TO THEM. Which DOESN'T mean "Black Mesa Bulit It lolololol"

Black Mesa is spanish for Black Cock.

Also sometimes interpreted as "Black Table"

I'm going to agree with Gordon. Did Dr. Freeman build GLaDOS? No? Then how is it related to Black Mesa BESIDES THE FACT THAT THEY BUILT IT IN RESPOSE TO THEM. Which DOESN'T mean "Black Mesa Bulit It lolololol"

never said they built it. they built it in respone to black mesa. they couldnt built it in response to black mesa if there was no black mesa. i NEVER mentioned Dr.Freeman either.

EDIT: sorry for double post, clicked post to get the quote then accidantaly clicked accept

Black Mesa for sure. The staff (because they actually HAVE staff!) are plentiful and friendly enough (most of them are, I guess...). Also, even though it would totally screw up the whole HL universe, I could stop the Resonance Cascade from happening and prevent the world from going to hell.

At least we don't die. :p

EDIT: And get taken over by a hostile alien empire.

never said they built it. they built it in respone to black mesa. they couldnt built it in response to black mesa if there was no black mesa. i NEVER mentioned Dr.Freeman either.

Without BM, other companies would still start building portal technology. And are you trying to say that BM built a GLaDOS too??? GLaDOS was not built in response to Black Mesa's similar endeavors, ASPHD was.

Without BM, other companies would still start building portal technology. And are you trying to say that BM built a GLaDOS too??? GLaDOS was not built in response to Black Mesa's similar endeavors, ASPHD was.

your not listening at all......apeture science built GLaDOS in response to black mesa working on portal technology. the ASHPD was worked on before AS knew black mesa was working on portal technology.

Damn you noobies, you piss me off.

All what we know about this problem is following.

1986 - Word reaches Aperture management that another defense contractor called Black Mesa is working on a similar portal technology. In response to this news, Aperture begins developing the Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System (GLaDOS), an artificially intelligent research assistant and disk operating system.

Aperture. They have the HPD, and the turrets talk in little kid voices. That should be enough.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, parasitic aliens, or phsycotic supercomputer? Eh, Aperture Science sounds, and looks, much better than Black Mesa. Plus, BM has such a BLAND logo
black_mesa_logo.gif

Compared to Aperture's fluid, creative logo
512px-Aperture_Science.svg.png

Ah, but you are incorrect. The black mesa logo perfectly represents the lack of hope and the range of destruction in the half life series. The aperture logo does well, but is just a little too...mainstream. Nothing special. Black Mesa is cooler. So why did I vote Aperture again?

Better die silently and painless in neurotoxin than get ripped apart by a Xen buttcracker.

To quote GLaDOS:
"If you want my advice, you should just lie down in front of a rocket. Trust me, it'll be a lot less painful than the neurotoxins."
Still Aperture all the way:smoking:

i liked the apeture-black mesa, apple-microsoft comparison...im definitely a microsoft person and also a black mesa person.... how cool would it be to actually study alien life forms?!... and kill them lol!
besides i like the idea of taking that little train to work... seems fun :)

edit* and what exactly is a xen buttcracker?

Back