Aperture or Black Mesa

Apeture or Black Mesa

• Aperture Science

Votes: 51 30.5%
  • Black Mesa Research Facility

Votes: 116 69.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
If you lived in the Half Life universe what facility would you work at?

I prefer Apeture sadly.

Black Mesa, It's much homier then Aperture. And it's ran by a HUMAN, and not some deranged computer and a guy that was dipped into radiation.

EDIT: there. now it says human, not like you could tell before...:hmph:

Aperture, besides i'd be dead if i worked at Black Mesa, and Aperture Science is working on cooler technology, Portals ^.^

Everybody at Aperture is dead but at least some people made it out of Black Mesa. Plus Black Mesa is in the Western States, I dunno where Aperture is but it might not be in such an opportune area.

Who wants to work with old science and old employees. I'll be joining Aperture, thank you very much, and I'll be doing the cool science.

Squares.

Apeture's projects (especially teleportation) had the potential to be much more successful than Black Mesa's foul-up's. :p Besides, GlaDOS was supposed to be the most powerful super-computer in the world. If only they hadn't given it an AI and just done calculations manually, they would've went far. Plus government meddling (G-man?) was the only reason Black Mesa won the DoD contract.

The ASHPD > Black Mesa's teleportation alternative.

Apeture's projects (especially teleportation) had the potential to be much more successful than Black Mesa's foul-up's. :p Besides, GlaDOS was supposed to be the most powerful super-computer in the world. If only they hadn't given it an AI and just done calculations manually, they would've went far. Plus government meddling (G-man?) was the only reason Black Mesa won the DoD contract.

The ASHPD > Black Mesa's teleportation alternative.

*Aperture, *would've gone far

Black Mesa to the death, bitch.

I'm afraid I must sign on with Black Mesa. No mater how shiny your doors and airlocks are, I can't work under anyone that would give an AI control over a deadly neurotoxin.

Black mesa of course... maybe ill cause a resonance cascade and become like gordon freeman

besides, every black mesa employee gets their own crowbar...

Aperture Science cuase i rather risk my life doing somewat fun yet pointless experiments, than to work in boring black mesa

The fact that the AI was given control of, and used deadly neurotoxin and killed everyone is of no consequence at all. The only people who get to do pointless but fun experiments are the test subjects. Considering the fact that GLaDOS has killed everyone previous to you there's quite a bit of work satisfaction that I think would be rather lacking.

Black Mesa. Especially if I'm already working at the top floor when the Resonance Cascade happens. My van, bitches!

The only people who get to do pointless but fun experiments are the test subjects.
It wasn't pointless at one point though when the scientists were still around to gather data.

GlaDOS still performed it's duties because:

A. It was programmed to do so regardless of whatever else may have happened to the facility and the rest of the world. It's the nature of a machine to not care about the rest of the world but to instead focus on it's task regardless.

B. It was bored. It's AI developed on it's own to the point of self-awareness and thus boredom and a lack of things for a sentient being tethered to a computer network took it's course.

Black Mesa

You actually get weapons to defend yourself
You know where all the exits are
You actually have comrades other than an inanimate cube

Aperture Science just because everyone else in the HL universe worked at the Black Mesa major disaster factory. Black Mesa is the Microsoft to Aperture's Apple

Cant say this is a completely fair poll, as we never have really been exposed to Apertures working environment, its employees, and tests like we did in black mesa. Plus, black mesa is in half life 1 and is longer than Portal so we also see a diversity in environments more...

Black mesa.I would know the cascade was going to happen and would always have a pistol and a crowbar.And i would try to work on the top floor of the facility.
This is mainly because Black Mesa as security and good scienists, and for the reason 2 posts above.

I would definitely choose Aperture.

It seems impossible to work at Black Mesa without gettin attacked by hordes of aliens and at Aperute i can experiment with stuff like the PORTAL GUN. :sniper: That should be enough to convince anybody hands down.

I'm choosing Aperture Science, the idea of starting to work with shower courtains and finishing developing portal techonology devices sounds like HUGE fun.

Besides, "Bring your daughter to work Day" is much funnier than Black Mesa's Decathlon.

The perspctive of Glados launching the neurotoxin doesn't really scare me, first...I wouln't know, and second...there are no bodies on the floor, which means people ran away. It might be a chance to survive.
Working in Black Mesa, where inxeperinced guards are alowed to touch the Tau Cannon? Where the pipes are always breaking, spilling toxic residue in the middle of the rooms? There are also bugs in most of the vents and storage rooms. The security systems are crushing all the day, locking doors, blocking elevators and reseting computers. There are also areas where the Xen creatures are contained and studied, it must be really hard to come home and pet your dog after you've spent all your day with a houndeye. Also, lots of doors are creaking. Any stupid recently employed scientist can rush into your room and switch off the light while you working.

Spending the whole day with talking turrets and a cube sounds way better. :D

Oh, how I'd love to work in Black Mesa's Sector E. I don't give two shits about teleportation experiments or running the gauntlet at the whim of some maniacal AI, but oh, the fun I would have working in BMRF's extraterrestrial studies department.

Aperture Laboratories, lyk ttly

I love GLaDOS *merges into GLaDOS*

:p

I love how it's set up, basically, Aperture ftw.

black Mesa, due to the copious amounts of experimental weaponry left lying around.

Also, they shove their hands up alien asses.

Back