App to Draw on Desktop online?

Dario D.

Spy
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an App used to draw on someone else's computer screen?

Instead of using MSN's handwriting plugin, since most people use other IM apps, I've decided it's easier to work with my mod team using a handwriting app for when it comes to explaining things.

Is there a good one out there anyone knows of?

Sure, thanks. Sounds good :)

I preferrably need something that lets you connect with someone online, and draw in front of them.

Does anyone know of such an app?

Dario D. said:
Sure, thanks. Sounds good :)

I preferrably need something that lets you connect with someone online, and draw in front of them.

Does anyone know of such an app?
Thats interesting.

You could quickly draw things on Paint or something and upload them/email them in seconds.

Sorry don't know of anything fitting your description, but it sounds cool, as I find that a quick drawing can be very useful in explaining something. A picture can say 1,000 words.

I'll email my brother and see if he knows anything. He's in this career field; programmer, artist, AIM programmer

Publicstructure.com used to do that but now it's just nothingness.

VirusType2 said:
Thats interesting.

You could quickly draw things on Paint or something and upload them/email them in seconds.

Sorry don't know of anything fitting your description, but it sounds cool, as I find that a quick drawing can be very useful in explaining something. A picture can say 1,000 words.

I'll email my brother and see if he knows anything. He's in this career field; programmer, artist, AIM programmer

There was this online graffiti chatroom app me and my friends use to mess with all the time.

You create a room in the server, people join your room, and you can see exactly what other people paint.

That what you're looking for?

EDIT: Found it.

http://graffiti.playdo.com/

If you know c or vb you could make one fairly easily. It would probably even be fun.

sinkoman said:
There was this online graffiti chatroom app me and my friends use to mess with all the time.

You create a room in the server, people join your room, and you can see exactly what other people paint.

Hey this is pretty awesome, although the public rooms are insane with everyone drawing at the same time.

HL2.net should create a private room! OK room created.

Everyone join halflife2net

Please use your username from hl2net

Everyone pick a unique color and stick with it so we know who is who

You have to type the room name to enter the public room. anyone comming?

halflife2net

I'm in...

Edit: Look what we did!

woo0pa.jpg

btw virustype2 is an ass

vegeta897 said:
I'm in...

Edit: Look what we did!

woo0pa.jpg

btw virustype2 is an ass

Lol.

I remember me and my friends would just have drawing wars.

We'd start off drawing on our halves of the screen and going "ooh, that looks nice" or "ooh, I wish I could draw like that".

Then we'd start drawing penises on the other guys side, and turn that gopher into a buttsecksings dog.

Then we'd just fight making lines all over the place and erasing them as fast as we could.

:/

NotATool said:
Who was there for the wikid devil?
I was there, that was really good, and it made me want to make one of those graffiti walls like you see in the inner city here in America.

Didn't you see our names down there?

Who was MX BTW?

sinkoman said:

Yeah, that's it! Cool, thanks :afro:

Time to get drawing... if the people in the public rooms will stop drawing swastikas and purposely covering everyone's drawings. ;)

Dario D. said:

Time to get drawing... if the people in the public rooms will stop drawing swastikas and purposely covering everyone's drawings. ;)

You can make your own private drawing rooms you know :/

Yeah. I tried joining some by trying random, very obvious words, but none worked.

Dario D. said:

Yea someone drew a swastika and i erased it and drew some boobs :p

Yea but you could use this with IM running along with it to share ideas with your mod team right?

Like I said it would have been better if there was more room to draw and if you could remove the backdrop. Also a larger eraser option and an erase all feature are desperately needed.

VirusType2 said:
Hey this is pretty awesome, although the public rooms are insane with everyone drawing at the same time.

HL2.net should create a private room! OK room created.

Everyone join halflife2net

Please use your username from hl2net

Everyone pick a unique color and stick with it so we know who is who

You have to type the room name to enter the public room. anyone comming?

halflife2net

I'm in but only I'm spraying? :(:(

VirusType2 said:
Yea but you could use this with IM running along with it to share ideas with your mod team right?
Yeah. It's a somewhat lengthy compared to just using MSN, but it looks and works a lot better.

By the way, you can ignore people by clicking on their name, and you wont see them draw anymore. :)

VirusType2 said:
I was there, that was really good, and it made me want to make one of those graffiti walls like you see in the inner city here in America.

Didn't you see our names down there?

Who was MX BTW?

:) thanks.

And yes I noticed some names but they seemed unfamiliar.

I've seen you there today, NotATool, but you were afk like vegeta. I've been messing around with crushenator500 for a while, hilarious :D

I'm in but no one else is in here. This is really neat.

Sonic is in here now and Jimmy thought he'd be cool.

I kind of forgot part of the original reason I was asking for a drawing app...

Does anyone know of an app that lets you draw on other people's *desktop*?

I found this one:
http://www.gold-software.com/download9235.html ...and I'm going to try it when I get back. But, does anyone know of a really "good" one? I ask because something things like chat options would be a big plus, and this one doesnt seem to have it.

MiccyNarc said:
gotomypc.com

Then fire up Word and Paint.

Yeah, me and my friends use to do that with the built in XP one.

We'd play each others games. Like, he'd fire up Starcraft, i'd select build a base, come back a few hours later and it's been built!

:p

C'mon someone join halflife2net !!!!!!!!!!

Ah, I also discovered Radmin for remote desktop connection (lets you use your home or work computer from another computer, over the internet or network). Seems very simple, too.

http://www.radmin.com/products/radmin/index.php

Man... so many options, but so hard to find the "perfect" one, that does everything. Let's see what communications apps I use for work on my mod: MSN (for chatting + drawing, and semi-auto screenshot sending), Skype (for talking live), Hamachi (for virtual private networking over the internet), Hotline (for file and folder sharing)... and you can add another 7 or 8 apps that I've tried, but didn't keep. :rolleyes:

So, where's the one app that does everything? I'm afraid only large companies have such solutions, which are very expensive and proprietary... but I'm SURE there's something out there that I just haven't seen yet. It's just matter of more searching I guess, unless I'm just out of luck. Theoretically, good enough solutions could be created as MSN plugins, but just not extremely powerful ones.

Miccy, Dog-- (for a little bit) and I did this tonight. Took, oh, twenty mintues?

art4vj.jpg

Come to haflife2net again, this time it will be easier to chat if I have some peoples e-mail (and they have MSN)

Back