APRIL FOOLS: Valve To Add "SteamXXX" Adult-Only Hub - ValveTime Spotlight Exclusive

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
While strict Steam guidelines have previously been the subject of controversy regarding which sexual or potentially offensive content can be added to the Steam Store, things may be about to change with the introduction of SteamXXX, Valve's own adult-only hub! In our latest ValveTime Spotlight Exclusive episode, we're analysing unfinished code leaked from the Steam database while trying to work out how this new section of the store may affect the future of the platform.

If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to check out our previous Spotlight episodes, to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and TwitchTV. Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
My bad, I've fallen for it :asshat:
I've been developing various games since 2006, and I'm currently developing small adult game for mobiles (as commissioned dev). The market potential of SteamXXX would be really huge, especially with integrated Greenlight and crowdfunding service. It would unlock the whole new direction in the industry and solve other problems. VR sex simulators would be selling like hot cakes, visual novels would enter mass market, and we could even see some linear story-driven games where sexual encounters were used as plot devices, dramatic tools and conflict solvers, Too bad adult games are still very underground.

I've heard that Valve and pr0nhub are working together to make it more adult-friendly :)

I'm glad I can always count on you guys, Blizzard, Google, and Homestar Runner to release content on April 1st every year.

lKsvJV1.png

Oh shit, thanks for reminding me.

That was brilliant, hilarious, and much longer than I expected. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard at an HR cartoon.

It was awesome, right? It's one of the few things that keeps getting exponentially better with it's age. Which makes it that much more heart breaking when it takes the site a year and a half to update, but man when it does update it is so worth the wait.

It was awesome, right? It's one of the few things that keeps getting exponentially better with it's age. Which makes it that much more heart breaking when it takes the site a year and a half to update, but man when it does update it is so worth the wait.
It's cool to find another HR fan that actually still watches and enjoys stuff other than trogdor.

I've always enjoyed when TBC use Strong Bad for social commentary, and they seem to be doing that a lot more often. I have to admit there are some small things in their recent toons that feel a little "jumped the shark"-ish (some of which may be intentional), but overall they're still delivering stuff that has the same love-able quality as always, which is impressive for something that has been around for over 12 years.

Watching the video quite late, even going into this knowing it was april fools, I still had some laughs.
Daym that farming simulator has got some kinky s*** in it

...this explains so much. I first saw this video in my youtube feed a few days after the first. I think I may need to see someone about my gulibility...

Back