Archetype

Remus

Companion Cube
Reaction score
RL7 is an eight-foot tall combat robot that goes on the run after malfunctioning with vivid memories of once being human. As its creators and the military close in, RL7 battles its way to uncovering the shocking truth behind its mysterious visions and past.

Directed by Aaron Sims
starring Robert Joy (Land of the Dead, CSI:NY) and David Anders (Heros, 24).

Impressive short film done on a budget of nothing.
And it looks like they are in the middle of trying to get as much attention as possible to hopefully raise money for a full length film.

That was a lot better than I was expecting. I'd love to see it made into a full length, larger budget movie.

That is a pretty cool idea. Also, the original screen res is insane.

That was pretty freakin awesome! I, for one, would love to see that developed into a full production. At the very least, maybe they'll get backing to do it as a series of webisodes like Mortal Kombat did.

I'd love to see it made into a full length, larger budget movie.

Larger? This short film had no budget at all. All the people that contributed to the project, including the actors, were volunteers.

I've done a few tutorials by Aaron Sims. Anyways, cool setting and idea, really lame dialogue.

Larger? This short film had no budget at all. All the people that contributed to the project, including the actors, were volunteers.

Well, that would make any budget at all a larger budget. But for the sake of clarity, let's say a budget large enough to at least match, in a feature length film, the quality of production evident in that short film. The effects didn't look too expensive, though very well done.

I've done a few tutorials by Aaron Sims. Anyways, cool setting and idea, really lame dialogue.

The dialog wasn't great, but I thought the acting made up for it.

Back