Are you suffering from Avatar depression? if so please kill yourself

Ha, thats kinda cool the forum and some members were mentioned.

He's saying that you're not from a southern state.

The way he said "only american IP addresses" kind of makes me think he might think I'm not in America. The southern state thing was just an elaboration.

If he knew I was american he could have just said "only IP addresses from southern states"

RIGHT KUPO!?

we have daily mail reporters infiltrated into the site D:

*me jumps into the air ducts but forgot shoes,start crawling,action music starts*

We's famous guys.

AND THE FAN WHO WANTS TO TAKE HIS ENTHUSIASM A STEP FURTHER ...

Hello all. Would anyone of you be interested in forming an actual Na'vi Tribe?

I would like for it to actually be a physical organisation with live people, and a Tribal Council. For it to start, you have to be physically located in the Gulf Coast region of the United States.

You will need to be in Pensacola, Florida to become a citizen of the tribe. Here is the detail: You must remember that we are trying to set up an actual tribe. This is not an Avatar Fan Club (even though you can start one after our tribe is established)!

The goal of the tribe is to form a new ethnicity that anyone can be a part of, irrespective of politics, corruption and other issues. It is not a role playing group.
After all, the many Native American tribes and even countries such as Kosovo had to start somewhere.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...visit-utopian-alien-planet.html#ixzz0cXlhng8n

The madness continues

Some day... they're going to remember back on this and smack themselves in the head.

****ing mental people.

I think I may have Avatar depression guys. I woke up this morning and just wanted to be in a movie with S. Weaver where everyone is blue and can't stand this mundane midwestern environment. Where can I get help?!?!

THE ****ING ANTI-DEPRESSANTS AND XANAX DO NOT WORK.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/12/article-1242409-07D09D39000005DC-122_634x349.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/12/article-1242409-07A207B0000005DC-353_634x348.jpg

What the hell? Video games achieved this level of detail a couple years ago, and recently even out of cutscenes.

Way, way overhyped.

/facepalm

YAH DUDE I WAS PROGRAMMING THESE MAD GFX ON THE COMMODORE BACK IN THE DAY MAN

What is it about this movie that makes people so full of shit?

... No they didn't.

/facepalm

YAH DUDE I WAS PROGRAMMING THESE MAD GFX ON THE COMMODORE BACK IN THE DAY MAN

What is it about this movie that makes people so full of shit?

article-1242409-07A207B0000005DC-353_634x348.jpg

article-1242409-07D09D39000005DC-122_634x349.jpg

crysis-warhead-20080911054301137.jpg

00036.jpg

psycho.jpg

cool story bro

I hardly think you have the right to say that Kinslayer, given that the resolution of those images is much smaller than those of Crysis. If you had larger images you would see the sheer detail of the models in Avatar.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/12/article-1242409-07D09D39000005DC-122_634x349.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/12/article-1242409-07A207B0000005DC-353_634x348.jpg

What the hell? Video games achieved this level of detail a couple years ago, and recently even out of cutscenes.

Way, way overhyped.

You really think that first picture of Avatar looks good in the slightest?

I did my best not to post in reply but failed for this reason:
duty_calls.png

You're suggesting that ANY real-time rendered game has the same detail as a film-resolution rendered movie that takes hundreds of GPU-hours to render a single frame.

I don't think I need to say anything else.

article-1242409-07A207B0000005DC-353_634x348.jpg

I don't care HOW much resolution this picture may have, it still looks very poorly done (to me, anyways).

What, because aliens don't have big ****ing pores like in Crysis?

Avatar isn't at any level of hyper-realistic fabulousness that anyone who has seen a recent movie (or computer game) couldn't guess for themselves was possible. But saying any game (or Square-Enix prerendered wankathon) is as impressive is probably going a little far.

Why? Can you offer some clue as to how your damaged brain works?

The face looks off, the gun looks off, and the lighting doesn't seem to be right.

The background, on the other hand, does look good.

Maybe I did go a little far in saying that video games look better - but it certainly isn't a long stretch off.

Some games do look better, Avatar isn't as amazing as people say but it's still god damn incredible..

It's not the best looking frame of the film, but as a moving picture it's a head above anything else in cinemas and it's vastly superior to any kind of game on the market.

I'm assuming you have not actually seen the film yet. I suggest you do and then come back with your thoughts on it. If you have already seen it, then I'm sorry to say you're being a tad crazy. :p

Doesn't look like anything special to me. I find the character design to be atrocious.

It's not the best looking frame of the film, but as a moving picture it's a head above anything else in cinemas and it's vastly superior to any kind of game on the market.

I'm assuming you have not actually seen the film yet. I suggest you do and then come back with your thoughts on it. If you have already seen it, then I'm sorry to say you're being a tad crazy. :p

In cinemas at this point in time? I could agree with you on that, but then again I don't know what else is playing.

I like judging movies before I see them. The feelings I get about certain movies from trailers and other media, has been 95% accurate for me, and to aggregate critic reviews as well. To me it seems like an okay movie. Not one I want to rush to see though. It feels like a B.

Back