Are you suffering from Avatar depression? if so please kill yourself

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora

ffs

A user named Mike wrote on the fan Web site "Naviblue" that he contemplated suicide after seeing the movie.

"Ever since I went to see Avatar I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "

Other fans have expressed feelings of disgust with the human race and disengagement with reality

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

nothing cures collective insanity like spiked koolaid and or fire

The only depression I get from Avatar is that people actually seem to think it's worth all the hype.

I havent watched it but if they want to live ina world like pandore why not going into a tropical jungle since thats what I see pandora is all about

but yes you can die by a poisonous animal or a large predator or a disease or guerrillas but if is so desperate them why not?

These people have problems.

The entire otaku culture are constantly exposed to the dream world that is anime, yet they don't go crying about it. They make it real. Anime figures, hug pillows, cosplay, etc. What's more they're not ashamed to do this. Those kind of people deserve respect for persuing what they want and not caring what others think.

Americans need to learn to live fantasy. Take a lesson from Japan.

Yes, let them mass produce 8 foot inflatable Na'vi for fans to bed and badly dubbed cartoons to feed their obsession.

Problem solved!

I havent watched it but if they want to live ina world like pandore why not going into a tropical jungle since thats what I see pandora is all about

but yes you can die by a poisonous animal or a large predator or a disease or guerrillas but if is so desperate them why not?

Because these people think they're "cool" by thinking "differently" from others. They just want to pass the idea that they're all for freedom in the wilderness, without any comodities of the modern age.

They choose an intangible objective (such as living in the avatar's world) so that they can live with the comfort of knowing that they will never get it, because it's actually scary to live without shit like internet, and packed meat, and ****ing toilets.

They're all loosers and posers if you ask me, and they honestly piss me off

edit - I'd actually love, just to prove my point, that somehow this world really existed, and it was possible to reach it and live in it, just to see if any of these idiots would actually do it

They want to be 10ft tall and have bones made of carbon fiber and a brain stem in their hair so they can leap off cliffs onto flying creatures and sore majestically through the floating mountains.

People just want whatever they don't have. If we had 3 moons people might see a movie with just 1 moon and go, "wow I like that a lot more, it so much simpler."

edit: I just scooted on over the that forum and this was the first post I saw:
Hello all. Would anyone of you be interested in forming an actual Na'vi Tribe?
I would like for it to actually be a physical organisation with live people, and a Tribal Council. For it to start, you have to be physically located in the Gulf Coast region of the United States. You will need to be in Pensacola, Florida to become a citizen of the tribe.

Here is the detail:

I plan on having an initial Constitutional Convention sometime in 2010 in order to establish our Tribal Government. We will actually meet in person at a designated location to be determined by the Provisional Government. You must remember that we are trying to set up an actual tribe. This is not an Avatar Fan Club (even though you can start one after our tribe is established)!

You must be real, truthful and most of all, we must act in a way that will make our tribe as seen as legitamate. We are not related to Native Americans in any way. We are totally seperate from them. We still follow the laws of whichever country we live in. We have our own culture as well. Na'vi will be a legitimate national language, and you are welcome to speak it at tribal functions.

The goal of the tribe is to form a new ethnicity that anyone can be a part of, irrespective of politics, corruption and other issues. It is not a role playing group.

After all, the many Native American tribes and even countries such as Kosovo had to start somewhere.

The moniker "Kosovar" didn't exist prior to the independence of the country Kosovo. Same for us. The Na'vi have a language, a defined culture and other aspects of society that should be represented here on Earth.

PS. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to mark "Na'vi" on a declaration of ethnicity or such? The Cherokee, Zulu, Kosovar, Bermudians, Inuit, and many other groups have their culture and recognition.

It's not the first time a culture get started from a work of fiction. Even if it's sad.

It's funny, the first thing my friends said when we walked out of the movie was 'I WANNA BE ONE OF THOSE GUYS **** IT LOOKS SO AWESOME'.

But god damn even they knew it was a movie.

Also I can't remember where I heard this but I'm pretty sure they made a Na'vi fleshlight.

Isn't there a game too? Can't they just play it all day and stop posting things on the Internet which contribute to our devolution.

The entire otaku culture are constantly exposed to the dream world that is anime, yet they don't go crying about it. They make it real. Anime figures, hug pillows, cosplay, etc. What's more they're not ashamed to do this. Those kind of people deserve respect for persuing what they want and not caring what others think.

Americans need to learn to live fantasy. Take a lesson from Japan.
Come live in my space colony. Or is your soul weighed down by gravity?

edit: Also, I remember a time when we simply put these kinds of people down as furries and let them yiff themselves to death.

It's not the first time a culture get started from a work of fiction. Even if it's sad.

you dont see stars wars nerds suiciding for not live in the stars wars world cuz there is so many

you dont see stars wars nerds suiciding for not live in the stars wars world cuz there is so many
That's probably because Pandora is a more pleasant place than the SW universe.

I haven't even seen the movie and I can tell those people that "Pandora" is a shitty, unimaginative planet.

since there are not floating mountains here on earth i see no reason to stay...it's been good knowing you guys/girls...i'm goin skiing!

*takes sip*

Haven't seen Avatar, but Battle for Terra and 9 were phenom movies. Can't wait to see Avatar though.

I'm actually seeing it again tomorrow, in IMAX this time. First time I saw it was in regular 3D, IMAX was sold out, got my tickets in advance this time.

anyone know if the movie was shot in IMAX or is just a regular theater print they show at imax theaters? if so the non imax print on a imax sized screen wont be as nice as the image as the one shown at the local theater. Imax screenings that wasnt filmed on imax just means they stretch the image to fit the screen which downgrades the image quality

To be honest, we should let people like this kill them selves, do us all a favor.

anyone know if the movie was shot in IMAX or is just a regular theater print they show at imax theaters? if so the non imax print on a imax sized screen wont be as nice as the image as the one shown at the local theater. Imax screenings that wasnt filmed on imax just means they stretch the image to fit the screen which downgrades the image quality

I'm pretty sure they shot it in IMAX. Check Wikipedia.

I still haven't watched avatar...it's in the last days of airing in our theater, should i go watch it? 3D or not?

To be honest i'm really not impressed for now but hey i just might laugh at these people more if i see what is really all about.

Its sad people live in a fantasy world. How about helping others make their world feel a little bit better than being so selfish. I'm positive 3,000 kids died yesterday of starvation

Its sad people live in a fantasy world. How about helping others make their world feel a little bit better than being so selfish. I'm positive 3,000 kids died yesterday of starvation

Or butchered with machetes, how cool is that eh?!

Or butchered with machetes, how cool is that eh?!
How about starved to death while being butchered by machetes and then their bits were cooked up and fed to fat, well-fed dogs instead of starving dogs just for the purpose of irony?

How about starved to death while being butchered by machetes and then their bits were cooked up and fed to fat, well-fed dogs instead of starving dogs just for the purpose of irony?

The saddest thing is that no matter how bad we can think it, worse is probably been already done in real life.
Yeah minus points for humanity.

The entire otaku culture are constantly exposed to the dream world that is anime, yet they don't go crying about it. ...blah blah blah japan is better...blah blah blah

You just shut the hell up right now you son of a bitch. You know what you get when you live fantasy over in Japan? You get women sticking octopuses up their vaginas.

OCTOPUSES INSIDE OF VAGINAS. THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT FOR WESTERN CULTURE?

You stay the hell away from western society, and let us live out our fantasy worlds with more normal stuff, like women sticking silicone bags inside their breasts.

You just shut the hell up right now you son of a bitch. You know what you get when you live fantasy over in Japan? You get women sticking octopuses up their vaginas.

You stay the hell away from western society, and let us live out our fantasy worlds with more normal stuff, like women sticking silicone bags inside their breasts.

This post reminds me of octocock... If you value your sanity do not google this.

I concede that the world of Pandora was probably the most interesting part of the movie, but damn some people sure take these sorts of things far.

Also, the plot seemed very similar to the story of Pocahontas.

I concede that the world of Pandora was probably the most interesting part of the movie, but damn some people sure take these sorts of things far.

Also, the plot seemed very similar to the story of Pocahontas.

pocahontas was a whore and she most certainly did NOT live near floating mountains.

I know that's a reference to my thread and all i can say you're the biggest idiot i ever seen. You just proven that you did not understand anything i've said, so go **** yourself if you're gonna act like an asshole.
Seriously...you're pathetic.

I want to kill myself every time I read that someone actually thought the film was good.

Back