ARMA 3

Post these comparisons you're talking about. There's no way anything in Arma 1 is as detailed as in Arma 3, save for maybe a few textures.

Found this posted on another site

36967_OpFlash-ArmaA-ArmA2-Comparison-01.jpg

I wish I could find a shot like that for Arma 3 in google image, unless BI releases a screenie like that or after it releases someone posts a screenie like that. But yeah, draw your own conclusions.

Stupid Bohemia Interactive. Always making games about Helicopters and Trees! Get some originality already!

****in good.

Also, the prices have dropped significantly. The original prices included VAT, but if you live in America or another country that doesn't pay VAT, it's much cheaper. Supporter edition is only $75 US, the basic Alpha is $27.

Also, the prices have dropped significantly. The original prices included VAT, but if you live in America or another country that doesn't pay VAT, it's much cheaper. Supporter edition is only $75 US, the basic Alpha is $27.

Where are you seeing this? The store still lists the original prices for me.

You need to log into your BIS Store account.

Ctrl f5?

The prices have been hectic for people lately, so I guess don't mind it until the game is finally out. BIS is probably frantically preparing things.

Its also still saying $91.99 for supporter edition while I'm logged in too.

EDIT: Just watched that video... GOD I WANT IT. So many simple, yet remarkably useful features have been added. And the grenades... oh thank god the grenades.

Here's another video.

Edit: The prices have just adjusted for me as well.

Man, these videos sure do prove the "this game looks like arma 1" theory.

Confirmed on the price adjustment. Not that it would have stopped me from paying 90 bucks for it...

EDIT: Price went back to $91.99 for me.

Getting pretty excited. I get the feeling I'll know Stratis pretty well before the Alpha is over.

God those videos are awesome. It looks like ARMA 3 is going to be a joy to play and a lot less clunky.

20 minutes before release, the store is down, and the forums are down. I knew it. I managed to get the store to load for the countdown to hit zero, but when I refreshed to buy I haven't seen the page again.

Yeah me and BadHat are in the same boat.

Well, I managed to F5 my way through to the point where I've paid them. Don't think I'm going to be able to download it for a long while though.

Yep. Wonder if we made the first 500. I'm order number 112618, but obviously thats for the whole store, not just Arma3 orders.

When I click on the download link, and actually access the page, it says "no purchase of this product found in your account" :(

Also managed to get through. Ended up getting the supporters edition since the price dropped. It's also not showing the purchase on my account.

Maybe because it's alpha but the colours seems really under-saturated in bright lighting/clear sky and over-saturated in low lighting/cloudy conditions - particularly tree foliage.

Gameplay looks like it'll be as meh-worthy as the other games in the series.

Yep. Wonder if we made the first 500. I'm order number 112618, but obviously thats for the whole store, not just Arma3 orders.

When I click on the download link, and actually access the page, it says "no purchase of this product found in your account" :(

Yup, same here. :wtf:

I can't even access the store, doubt I'll be one of the first 500 then. Not that it matters really, I just want the damn game >_<

Your opinion is as interesting as it is unpredictable Eejit.

Well, I'm going back to sleep and will check my account again before I go to work.

I wonder if we were supposed to get an email notice? Or if that'll come later.

Your opinion is as interesting as it is unpredictable Eejit.

Ah yes, I truly must break this addiction I have to commenting on colour saturation in games. Your replies are as insightful as ever Krynn.

Just had a quick run around in the Alpha.

- This may just be my PC but things already feel a lot smoother and stable than ARMA II. The basic functionality of the client from the menus to the loading screens feels both polished and slick compared to previous versions. This also applies to the game itself.

- The mouse-input and overall presentation of moving and shooting just feels more responsive and logical. I was thrown for a moment by the lack of aiming-deadzone until I discovered that it is turned off by default but easily turned on again in the options.

- The new stance system and the new movement in general is going to take a little while to get used to, but its great to have so many new options for using cover.

- The new mission editor feels like a great leap also. There is a scripting editor built into the dashboard, and it feels more like a full fledged tool rather than a point and click interface. The new weather options alone feel more dynamic, with controls for wave height, wind intensity, lightning as their own sliders now.

Anyway I only played for about 15 minutes, so I will return with more later!

Obviously this is early days and there are going to be a lot of community favourites missing from the game (such as ACE/ACRE etc) but it already looks like the base platform is a seriously big upgrade on the past engines. Certainly the biggest since OFP became ARMA.

EDITED: For less hyperbole! (I get excited easily) :D

Well, I ordered about 3 hours ago but still haven't received any kind of confirmation, so I suppose I'll see what's happening tomorrow.

I guess I was more tired than I thought, I literally turned off my damn phone alarm in my sleep without even knowing it. Glad to know the BIS store has been down most of the time anyway, at least. Still down now so I guess I'll be refreshing from now on.

Maybe because it's alpha but the colours seems really under-saturated in bright lighting/clear sky and over-saturated in low lighting/cloudy conditions - particularly tree foliage.
Could you point which screens you're talking about? I thought the game looked pretty colorful in sunny conditions.
Gameplay looks like it'll be as meh-worthy as the other games in the series.
Being a sandbox, the true potential of the gameplay can never be expressed in a view preview videos. The gameplay (in the sense you're talking about) is the very last thing we want BIS to change. Arma 3 has taken big steps to make the game better around that gameplay. Improving the animations to make movement and aiming easier, improving the UI and gear system, giving us new tactical opportunities with underwater gameplay... This is what we want from a proper sequel. If they changed the gameplay to be what you'd call less boring, it'd defeat the purpose of the series.

Could you point which screens you're talking about? I thought the game looked pretty colorful in sunny conditions.
It was the video of highest settings mainly, and the leaning one. Seemed too washed-out when sunny. Pretty engine otherwise.

Being a sandbox, the true potential of the gameplay can never be expressed in a view preview videos. The gameplay (in the sense you're talking about) is the very last thing we want BIS to change. Arma 3 has taken big steps to make the game better around that gameplay. Improving the animations to make movement and aiming easier, improving the UI and gear system, giving us new tactical opportunities with underwater gameplay... This is what we want from a proper sequel. If they changed the gameplay to be what you'd call less boring, it'd defeat the purpose of the series.

Yeah, sure. I said it looks like more of the same. Which is shit to me, gold to you.

I don't see the point of making it look so pretty if you can't even play it like that unless you have a super computer. I'd rather it be playable than look "amazing".

Ahahaha, oh man. Turns out I've been locked out from my CC until further notice, starting around midnight last night. Thanks for the great timing, Vancity.

Oh well, it's not like I can even load the store page anyway. Hope I'll be able to purchase later tonight.

Back