ARMA 3

Hmm, ever since this was announced I've been watching it with some interest. Co-op with ARMA 2 looked like a bunch of fun (especially with all of you playing together), but I'm pretty intimidated by the realism involved. The lower price point for the alpha makes it much more tempting to purchase though.

I'm assuming many of you are diving into the Alpha as we speak?

This is a really small thing, and I cant remember if it was in ARMA2 or not. If you place a load of the same civilian vehicle it shuffles the skin and license plate. If its an old thing then I apologise as I just noticed it for the first time here.

1024x576.resizedimage

Anyone got any of those Alpha Lite invites they aren't going to use? I'd really like to see how my PC handles this game, and I'd really appreciate it.

Glad to know the Steam store has been down most of the time anyway, at least.

Ass.

I've actually gotten three identical confirmation emails, but still cannot get the point where I can download. "Supporters" gettin' screwed haha. Right now I'm remote accessing my desktop from work to try and get it to start the download so I can play asap when I get home.

Er wtf, I meant to say BIS Store. But yeah I'm glad, because I'm pissed about sleeping through my alarm.

The store's still down for me :<
Yup, I still haven't gotten to purchase the shit. Trying to be patient though.

Lobster that's pretty cool. And also **** you for buying on steam and getting to play.

Edit:

qZEaIVt.png

Wait a second - you can buy the game through Steam and it's only the Supporter's Edition that can be bought via the BIS Store? Well, here I go then!

Yeah, sure. I said it looks like more of the same. Which is shit to me, gold to you.
Isn't this getting a bit tiresome for you? This post seems to sum up the entire reason you post in these threads - that you don't like ARMA. I think everyone in this thread understands that you don't think the game is great. I'm going to suggest that if you're not going to make posts that contribute to the discussion, you refrain from posting.

I bought the supporter's edition as well.. having difficulties getting it all to work period. Hopefully it'll all be fixed before I get home. Are we gonna play multiplayer stuff?

I bought the supporter's edition as well.. having difficulties getting it all to work period. Hopefully it'll all be fixed before I get home. Are we gonna play multiplayer stuff?
Hells yeah brother. Join the steam group and hop in vt.net chat.

1 hour before I'm flooring it home. My mom wants me to stop and install java for her computer first though. God damnit mom.

Eww those cars are ugly Lobster (the actual cars, not the modelling etc)

Isn't this getting a bit tiresome for you? This post seems to sum up the entire reason you post in these threads - that you don't like ARMA. I think everyone in this thread understands that you don't think the game is great. I'm going to suggest that if you're not going to make posts that contribute to the discussion, you refrain from posting.

How about you refrain from making suggestions based on suppositions based on ignoring half of what I post? Maybe try reading before bitching?

How about you refrain from making suggestions based on suppositions based on ignoring half of what I post? Maybe try reading before bitching?
He's not ignoring half of what you post, he's simply suggesting you stop posting here entirely so that we can stop hearing you repeat the other half over and over.

You finally learned to read my forum name, which indeed indicates that I am an infant.

edit: dumbutt.

This game runs amazingly well. I've got almost everything at the highest settings. I'd say for the graphical quality, the game runs better than Arma 2.

I think anyone could run it with scaled down options.

I agree, veggies, this game is incredibly optimized.

I'm loving it so far.

Two things that bug me about the videos I've seen:

- Grenades launched from weapon-based grenade launchers seem to use the same model as hand-held grenades
- The recoil while leaning is vertical, not based on weapon orientation

I never really got into ArmA so I don't have the beta yet and don't have strong desire to get it, but it looks great so far.

After many retries on the Infantry and Scuba showcases, I finally beat all 4 (on elite).

I think the AI is a bit overpowered in how fast that acquire targets and how accurately they shoot. I hope this is seen as a balance issue and is fixed. Even at 70 difficulty they were very quick to take you out, which usually happens often because you get spotted before you spot them, more often than not. In Arma 2 we found a pretty comfortable difficulty setting, and enemies only rarely get an instant kill on you. You still had to stay near cover and everything, but it wasn't as crazy as this. It's made a bit harder by the fact that I'm still not quite used to the aiming and recoil, so I make poor judgments on whether I can take a guy out before he returns fire and kills me.

Right now close quarters seems to be the easiest way to kill, since they're not quite as good as you at flanking and you can usually catch them off guard if you flank well. It's also really fun because the movement is so fluid and the buildings are all enterable. Thankfully because of the freedom you have in this game, you can make it your battle plan to attempt to get as close as possible to the enemy through bounding between pieces of cover or flanking around hills/defilade.

He's not ignoring half of what you post, he's simply suggesting you stop posting here entirely so that we can stop hearing you repeat the other half over and over.
Thanks, was trying to figure out how to say this

He's not a mod anymore, feel free to call him a self-righteous dipshit.

disclaimer: I love you KA, you're... wonderfully pretentious.

So one would assume that DayZ stand alone is running on this engine and has all the new niceness

So one would assume that DayZ stand alone is running on this engine and has all the new niceness
Incorrect. Standalone is based on the A2 engine with many improvements. If they improve the movement like they have with A3, that would really be enough for me to be able to play without wishing it was A3.

Back