ASPHD Discussion

McCoy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought that the ASPHD/Portal Gun could be in mass production? And if it is, are they somehow selling it?

Could the Portal gun somehow be related to Xen? And besides portals and gravity gun capabilities, what ELSE can the gun do, as the grav gun in HL2 freaked out when Breen used it, so I'm thinking that the portal gun has some other qualities to it.

And if the facility isn't a combine base, what is it and where could it possibly be?

Me thinks that the combine are guarding it as it might still have the ASPHD still in the forsaken facility.

And why hasn't Valve released any factual information on Portal besides a few snippets of the story and challenges?

WHY? WHY? WHY?

I don't think the portal gun is in mass production, I'd say the point of the game is for you to test the prototype.

In Portal you [subject name here] are a test subject who is testing prototypes of ASHPD. [Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, not ASPHD]
Everything is possible, even connection to Xen (it can be really handy for navigation and movement on Xen). In the Citadel Gravity Gun was powered by unique energy fields not because it was used by Breen, jeez. I don't expect overvoltaged ASPHD.

I guess it's not a Combine base.

I think they release sufficient number of interesting informations about the story, now they don't make any sense but we will find out what is all about soon.

Why would you sell it? It would eliminate the need to fly! Put one portal in Florida, the other in your house, and presto! Instant holiday!

Why would you sell it? It would eliminate the need to fly! Put one portal in Florida, the other in your house, and presto! Instant holiday!

Agreed.

I Wonder what would happen if you closed a portal while your finger was in it?

:afro::afro::afro::afro::afro::afro::afro::afro::afro::naughty::afro:

McCoy are you discussing Portal or just posting random posts and a horrible amount of random smiles?

A little bit of both if you ask myself :0

Buy my A. crisps for the europeans B. Chips for the Americans

Gabe Newell:
As you play through it, different capabilities are added to it as you go through...You can have two spaces that are connected by portals, but they're reverse with respect to each other, or there's some temporal shift, or use your mouse wheel to expand or contract the size of the portal which determines your size when you exit
Very interesting new information.

So I could make a portal massive then go through and be really big? Weird.

It's from Gabe Newell interview on Kikizo, don't be so passionate about spoilers.

So if it affects your size will it affect the size of other objects?

For instance, you go through the portal with a cube. You get bigger, the cube gets bigger. You can now jump to places you can't reach thus making the game very odd in that you can go to the exit with your giant cube to hop on and than hop on the elevator/portal thingy@

This would be all well and good, if it was in the game.

He was taking about possible future concepts.

Not to say it isn't cool though.

Back