Assassin mod - need some help!

XJR

Hunter
Reaction score
MAN I havent been here for at least a year!

Right I'll get to the point. Im starting a mod where you play as the combine assassin. I need :

coders,
mappers,
modelers,
animators,

Perhaps some help with planning, and if things do kick off we'd need someone to create a website for us.

The story so far goes as follows:

Your an assassin ; hired by Breen, to find and eliminate Gordon Freeman. To do this you'd need to sneak into rebel bases and have a poke around, trying not to alert the rebels of your presence. You'd have to gain documents (such as the rebel maps) Perhaps uncover a shipment of weapons that are being smuggled? Half-way through the mod, the rebellion kicks off. Breen is dissapointed in your faliure to eliminate Gordon Freeman, and gets overwatch to find you and kill you. (That would be the plot twist) The player would have to navigate and try to escape City 17 by using the rooftops and buildings (the streets would be lethal such a stealthy assassin + you could make use of the sniper rifle here.) You'd also have to avoid the combine as well as rebels. The story would come to an end with the player trying to make his way across the rooftops of City 17, just before Gordon destroys the citadel. You meet another assassin and battle it out. When the other assassin is killed, along comes the Gman.
"I am Impressed" The end.

Coding is going to play a huge part, We need a 3rd person perspective of the character and a few new weapons to be coded. The 3rd person perspective is going to be tricky to master, but ive seen a mod out there thats already done it. If this kicks off (im hoping it will) we'll need a web page and we'd need help with that.

The weapons we want so far are:

- Dual pistols.
- Sniper rifle.
- Knifes.
- Melee.
- Grenades.

and we'll need some of these coded too:

- Cloaking device (Used to make the player semi-invisible)
- Night vision (Red - combine assassin has a red eye)
- Time slowing device (Used to gain a few seconds of slow-mo for those intense melee fight scenes

I may be being too ambitious, but remember all of this HAS been done before.

We want the player to BE the assassin, therefore we wont be limiting the weaponry or equiptment use. Its all there at your disposal for every map.

Want in? PM me !

These are all concept: (The rifle spazzed out -_-)

Night Vision concept:

Also we want players to re-visit areas of half-life 2 (to add to the coolness) you'll notice in the shots above, some of them are from that area in half-life 2 in the tunnels. Ive decompiled that map and used that area and merged it with my test map and it fits quite nicely.

If you want in, let me know!

I like it. I think players may be a bit frustrated at not being able to "win", since we all know at the beginning that Freeman can't be killed.

Sounds pretty cool though. I'd help out if there was any way I could.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that the Combine Assassin model from the alpha/leak/stolen build/beta?

The fact remains - it's leak content.

Back