Assassin's Creed 2 Thread

Getting it Tuesday hopefully. I made a payment on my bestbuy card, but the ****ers put a hold on the payment that could last up to 14 days. So if that doesnt clear by tuesday, they just lost 85 bucks. (also planning on getting bluray Star Trek)

Definitely picking it up on tuesday.

Fantastic game I must say, I love it! Im a kind of "Yahtzee gamer" (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation) I hate most new games often because of their repetitive gameplay and crappy story ( or should I say non-existent story? *MW2...*), but this game really delivers on all fronts compered to the competition this fall, I really recommend you buy it if you at least liked the concept of AC1.

Have anyone else tried it?

What would you rate the game?

ok I have just completed the game and its fantastic imo, as I said I hate most other games but this was great 8.9/10, best game I have played in years! Not quite portal/HL quality but still. PS dont close down the game when the credits come the game is not over, (I nearly turned off my xbox when the credits came :p) I hope I dont hype the game too high for you guys my expectations weren't that high.
I do have a feeling that ppl will nit pick it too death and also; (tiny tiny tiny spoiler)
Some ppl wont like the ending

Comes out on the 19th over here, I'm playing through the PSP sequel to the original til then(Titled Bloodlines) :)

Why the hell does the UK have to wait till fridays for game releases.

Its like all movies and CDs are released on mondays.

Infuriates me. Everything in the US gets released earlier and therefore finished before the UK release date 3 days later.

Im waiting to see if Play.com send me an email this morning (in a few hours anyway as im 3 hours ahead) saying theyve processed my payments and sending it later today, releasing it on the US release date rather than the UK date...which has been known to happen. The fact that the normal AC2 versions on the 360 and PS3 are both listed as 'in stock' gives me hope.

I want my black edition damn it!

Im also passing time in whatever way I can waiting for the reviews to start coming in today. If Ubisoft copy IW anad only have reviews released on the day of teh game's release, my respect will take a severe blow...not that they probably care.

Still cant wait for the release date.

Just seen a video on youtube that shows you all the dyes in the game and capes. Looks like a more personal game where you can tailor his look to how you want it. I love that.

i've been thinking about buying Assassins Creed on Steam before 2 comes out but I've heard the game play gets really repetative after a while, this true?

We have a sticky for these sorts of things.

Anyway I'm probably going to trade in my copy of DA: O to help pay for this as money is tight these days.

ok I have just completed the game and its fantastic imo, as I said I hate most other games but this was great 8.9/10, best game I have played in years! Not quite portal/HL quality but still. PS dont close down the game when the credits come the game is not over, (I nearly turned off my xbox when the credits came :p) I hope I dont hype the game too high for you guys my expectations weren't that high.
I do have a feeling that ppl will nit pick it too death and also; (tiny tiny tiny spoiler)
Some ppl wont like the ending

I do remember ubi saying that people will end up talking about the ending alot :|

Please no cliffhangers, i've already got enough to deal with: HL2 ep 3, MW2, infamous, killzone 2, resistance 2, POP and now this :(

Must everything that ends in a 2 have a cliffhanger, what about bioshock 2?

Gamefly sent it today, I'll have it Wednesday

Mildly excited

Was DA: O not worth it?

It was good.

I felt it started to drag on as I kept going. Like it started to get less polished the farther I went on. I just want to do the rest of the Origin stories(most polished part of the game) and then carry on.

i've been thinking about buying Assassins Creed on Steam before 2 comes out but I've heard the game play gets really repetative after a while, this true?

I loved it. Just don't expect to be loving a second playthrough.

can you do a little free roaming play or is it kinda restricted as to where you can travel?

btw just a reminder i got about the rules, no talk about pirating.

can you do a little free roaming play or is it kinda restricted as to where you can travel?

It pretty much just gives you a list of names in different cities, and then you go kill them in whatever order you want. So yeah, theres a fair bit of free roaming, though you need to unlock parts of the cities before you can truly just run around as you please.

It pretty much just gives you a list of names in different cities, and then you go kill them in whatever order you want. So yeah, theres a fair bit of free roaming, though you need to unlock parts of the cities before you can truly just run around as you please.

hmm....still sounds interesting despite what some say about repetition! imma try it out! So I take it that killing guys in one order is better than the next due to alerting people? That should prove fun! hehe

The average reviews, so far, are around the 9.5 mark, with words being used like 'masterpiece'.

And then I saw this on IGN and wanted to throw a brick at the screen in disgust.

November 16, 2009 - Assassin's Creed II has been a bit buried under the heap of hype surrounding Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Don't worry, we haven't forgotten Ubisoft's anticipated sequel. We've played plenty of Assassin's Creed II and we're all set to deliver a full review as soon as the embargo lifts. Check back Tuesday, November 17 at 9am PST for our written review, video review, and head-to-head.

Until then, you can check out the Five Ways Assassin's Creed II has Improved.

Lost under the heap of hype of MW2...thats disgraceful.

MW2 was finished and reviewed a ***king WEEK AGO. Now theyre telling us that they cant put a few hundred words down and do a quick voiceover of in-game footage like every other review?

Im disgusted in IGN for the first time.

No other major site has their reviews yet (Eurogamer.net, Gametrailers, Gamespot etc), so its leading me to believe Ubisoft asked the sites to release their reviews on the day of release...so in like...10 hours from now as its about to go 11pm PST and they'll get their reviews out at 9am PST. About 5pm in the UK...when everyone who wants the game will already have it...oh the stupidity.

I bet these are the same reviewers that raved about that Arkham Asylum piece of shit... we haven't had a game deserving over 9/10 rating released all year, and I seriously doubt this one is any different. And why is there no PC version until next year? I played the first on PC one time through and thought it was pretty cool, but I get the feeling I'd be an idiot to drop 60 bucks on this one to play it on a console.

Agree but this one deserves it :) oh and regarding the ending
The ending does not only set it up for a sequel but perhaps a quadrilogy or what ever you want to call it ;)

The game is incredible. I visited Italy a few years ago so it's pretty exciting seeing things in the game that I recognize. Must play more.

That's what pisses me off about Assassin's Creed. Great concept and visuals, crap execution and gameplay.

^^ thats kinda the point of being a sneaky assasin, ofc you can.

It's the exact same as KoTOR and Mass Effect.

Nearly exactly.

A nice addition was that sometimes there are random encounters while traveling to your destination(a la being attacked by the sith in KoTOR). But, once you've completely finished an area there is no reason to go back at all. And, as the Taintspreads, some areas become unvisitable(Lothering was the only one I really).

Of course, this isn't the DA: O thread!

I don't know about you guys but I actually enjoyed the gameplay and combat in AC1.

My copy came to the store today, gonna pick it up tomorrow, to tired today!

Personally, as repetitive as Assassin's Creed was, I still enjoyed it a lot, so I can't wait!

If they combined the Hitman games' gameplay with Assasin's Creeds setting it would probably result in a great game.

If they combined the Hitman games' gameplay with Assasin's Creeds setting it would probably result in a great game.

So you would want a clone packing a huge amount of firearms to run around in medieval Italy in his modern suit and killing everyone and everything?:LOL:

This is a really good game! The beginning is a bit clunky, but once you get your suit it really picks up.

My copy has arrived early! :D

I haven't played it yet but my god that black edition is awesome and pretty big too :)

Also it wasn't listed in the black edition contents so this may come with all copies of the game but my game came with a code for extra armour for the avatar game. Not that I give a damn about that game but I thought i'd mention it.

Adam and Eve?

That's a bit silly.

Anyways, the game's alright but the free-running controls are VERY clunky. You can't just pick a direction and go like before, you have to constantly stop and adjust your course.

Anyways, the game's alright but the free-running controls are VERY clunky. You can't just pick a direction and go like before, you have to constantly stop and adjust your course.

I don't think it's like that for me.

Playing this makes me want to play the first game again.

It's very good so far, and I love the RPG elements, even if they're pretty shallow.

I looove how they don't even mention the sci-fi elements of it in commercials or on the box. Great stuff. I actually like the story. Ezio has a great personality(reminds me of Prince of Persia, actually), unlike Altair.

Game is fantastic, just beat it today. 98% on my 1st run was missing only 38 feathers. Got EVERYTHING else. Crazy thing is i did it all way before the end game so i was crazy rich!

Finished the game with 560284 florins lol. Every ****ing chest, upgrade, item, painting was purchased asap. oh and subject 16's ****ing puzzle was super hard at times. But i did it!!!!

Great story also, loved the detail!

Back