Avoiding tickets. xD

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
CNN posted a good article on every tip that I use to avoid cops:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/07/23/aa.speeding.ticket/index.html
Max I drive is 70MPH and I rarely drive in the slow lane. That lane is reserved for: old people, cell phone drivers, people who drive the speed limit or people who slow to dangerous speeds to take their exit. :hmph: I just usually stay in the middle lane and if I come up to a jerk who is going the speed limit or on the cell phone, I pass them up in the high speed lane. Then of course you got the ****tard that is the Ford truck or yuppie on your ass or something. I think the only tip I disagree with is to stay within the pack. You only stay in the pack when a cop is around like they said. If you do it any other time, then you fit into the slow lane type of people. Those people just create traffic and waste gas. Going faster, and getting to the destination faster uses less gas than going slower and having a longer ride while using more gas.

1.) Radar Detectors are utter shit. By the time they do the detecting, it's too late, and either the cop notices you slamming on the brakes with your front end dipping down, or they already have you scanned. Waste of money, while they are illegal in quite a few locations.

2.) Everything else is obvious. Speeding when everybody else is doing it makes it more dangerous for you to be going too slow. You could cause an accident deliberately going slow in front of someone. Plus, an extra 50mph..really, what's the difference in stopping distance with 45 -> 50 mph. I know they put the limit there as a general idea...but come on, it won't be "life or death" on the bridge there.

I can drive my hunk of shit car as fast as I want by cops, never been picked up. On the other hand ,my mate in his RX-8 gets picked up all the time, most of the time he's not even speeding.

Stupid girl was J-walking! :LOL: No but I go 35MPH at neighborhoods and 20MPH at the places where I know it's quite and cars don't pass through a lot.

sooo... If i drive around at 25 and run into ANYONE, i don't need to worry about them dieing?! sweet!

I can't believe anyone could actually still believe that myth.

Don't you guys remember when the gas first started going up and New Jersey talked about reducing their speed limit to 55 MPH so that drivers would use less gas?

The higher RPM your engine is running at, the more gas you use. Keeping it at 2000 RPM would be about ideal for gas mileage, I think. I know when I go 140-150 KM/H I'm up around 4000 RPM, and when I'm accelerating to that speed in fourth gear, it's even higher. I can afford the minuscule amount of extra gas I use driving those speeds, and I don't drive that often, so I couldn't give a ****. I worked hard to buy a new car and I'm going to drive it. I take the bus to work, so go to hell anyone who wants to get all self-righteous on me.

How I avoid tickets? I drive the speed limit in residential areas, slow down for known radar trap zones, and don't speed over the crests of a hill. I also use martyrs when they become available. If someone passes me at 140-150 KM/H, you're damn right I'm going to be following them, letting them take the hit if we hit a trap.

I can drive my hunk of shit car as fast as I want by cops, never been picked up. On the other hand ,my mate in his RX-8 gets picked up all the time, most of the time he's not even speeding.

Funnily enough, I've caught myself going 5 over when a cop goes by, and they don't think twice. It might be the color...

Speed limits are evil. We should get rid of them and let men drive at whatever god damn speed they wish, for that is the true law of the road. Otherwise it's not freedom. It's communism.

I think the only tip I disagree with is to stay within the pack. If . Going faster, and getting to the destination faster uses less gas than going slower and having a longer ride while using more gas.

staying in a pack of cars is the best method but that only works if your not at the back of it. also wtf are you smoking....going faster will use more gas because the car will have to work harder to push itself against air draft. on the other hand you do use alot of gas slowing down pushing the gas slowing down over and over.

I think the only tip I disagree with is to stay within the pack. You only stay in the pack when a cop is around like they said. If you do it any other time, then you fit into the slow lane type of people. Those people just create traffic and waste gas. Going faster, and getting to the destination faster uses less gas than going slower and having a longer ride while using more gas.

Funnily enough, at 3500 RPMs *roughly 75-80 mph in 6th gear..* in my RX-8 is opening the next set of Intake Ports, so in that sense, going about 65ish is the best possible way to get max MPG.

I drive the same speed the person in front of me is, unless they're going noticeably slower than the speed limit. Theres no point in speeding.

I drive the same speed the person in front of me is, unless they're going noticeably slower than the speed limit. Theres no point in speeding.

I'd be late for work some days if I didn't speed. There's your point! Get there faster! Duh!

CNN posted a good article on every tip that I use to avoid cops:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/07/23/aa.speeding.ticket/index.html
Max I drive is 70MPH and I rarely drive in the slow lane. That lane is reserved for: old people, cell phone drivers, people who drive the speed limit or people who slow to dangerous speeds to take their exit. :hmph: I just usually stay in the middle lane and if I come up to a jerk who is going the speed limit or on the cell phone, I pass them up in the high speed lane. Then of course you got the ****tard that is the Ford truck or yuppie on your ass or something. I think the only tip I disagree with is to stay within the pack. You only stay in the pack when a cop is around like they said. If you do it any other time, then you fit into the slow lane type of people. Those people just create traffic and waste gas. Going faster, and getting to the destination faster uses less gas than going slower and having a longer ride while using more gas.

You don't know how engines work if you think driving faster and getting to the destination faster uses less gas than going slower and having a longer ride. The only way you'll potentially burn more gas is if you're stuck in a traffic jam with your engine running the whole time. Granted it's always entirely based on the situations, but I'm willing to bet more often than not, obeying the speed limit and getting to your destination based on that speed will always be more fuel efficient than racing 20 miles per hour above the speed limit and getting there a little bit sooner.

I'd be late for work some days if I didn't speed. There's your point! Get there faster! Duh!

You should time yourself. I'd bet you dont get there a whole lot faster.

Yeah, screw those douchebag cockshitters.
quoted for awsomeness. I drive how fkin fast i want as long as your not retarded you prolly wont get a ticket.

pss: read this in the comments of that blog.

----------
Steve Hendry said...

I have a 2004 Corvette, at 55 MPH (I ran the test for 1 hour) I got 27 MPG. I then ran it at 75 MPH for the same amount of time, I got 28 MPG, hmmmm... why?

I then checked the RPM that my car was producing at each speed and the gearing. At 55 MPH, the transmission was in the same overdrive gear as at 75 MPH. Next I looked at the RPMs, I was at 1800 at 55 and 2100 at 75 MPH. This was the only major difference. I then looked at the power curve on my engine and saw that my main horsepower does not flatten until I hit around 2000 RPM, which is the constant power on my car.

I then looked at your Malibu and saw the curve. I would say that this is the reason that you are getting worse gas mileage at 75 vs 55. Your car is way, way underpowered. This is the same as in Europe. I have visited there dozens of times and was always amazed that I could rent an Audi A4 or Seat or whatever, and get 35 MPG at 120 KM = 75 MPH and why that was. The reason is that European cars are built for highway driving, their power curve is set as flat at higher RPMs, therefore they are more efficient at highway speeds - 110-130KM per hour, 65-80 MPH.

So, the problem again lies in auto manufacturers here - you need to get a car that is powered for the bulk that it is carrying and it has to be geared for highway speeds.

Look what xcellerate put in the photo thread.

Go grandma's car!
img003621lc3.jpg

You should time yourself. I'd bet you dont get there a whole lot faster.

In order to avoid being fired, Once or twice in my life, I've done double the speed limit and got there twice as fast.

My 45 minute drive to work took about 22.5 minutes.

Yeah, I could have died, I could have killed someone, or I could have been fired, but instead I was on time for work.

I don't speed much usually, I stay between 0-5 over, but if I'm in a hurry I will go 10-15 over discreetly. And occasionally I like to let loose and break three digits of mph.

Here in Kentucky, police disregard the speed limit as much as anyone else and couldn't care less. They do, however, harass (sp?) teenagers to get possession charges occasionally.

I may do 5-10 over if traffic permits, never had any problems in my gray econobox.

Most of the time traffic light patterns negate any time saved speeding anyway.

Psht. If you want to get somewhere fast, go in the middle of the night. If I had the money, I'd get a bike for just that purpose - 200mph top speed with a velcro numberplate. Do a 300 mile journey in two hours - now that's valuable time-saving.

I can't imagine going the speed limit. Usually they're 10 under what they should be at least (35 on a straight country road in the middle of nowhere)

Usually the assholes who actually drive the speed limit completely disrupt the flow of traffic and have a line of cars behind them for a mile.

I just usually stay in the middle lane and if I come up to a jerk who is going the speed limit or on the cell phone, I pass them up in the high speed lane. Then of course you got the ****tard that is the Ford truck or yuppie on your ass or something.
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anybody driving faster is a maniac?" - George Carlin

ITT: people who don't break the law are inconsiderate assholes.

Generally speaking, overdrive (OD) is the highest gear in the transmission. Most automatic transmissions have three speeds and overdrive (fourth speed). Overdrive allows the engine to operate at a lower rpm for a given road speed. This allows the vehicle to realize better fuel efficiency, and often quieter operation on the highway.
My Chevy 2002 S-10 pick-up truck works wonders with it.

Usually the assholes who actually drive the speed limit completely disrupt the flow of traffic and have a line of cars behind them for a mile.

lol at that.

so the assholes who don't break the law are screwing things up? How about the people who are breaking the law are disrupting the flow of traffic?

I always laugh at the idiots who don't know how to drive switching lanes and hitting the breaks and tailgating each other doing 20 MPH over the speed limit.

See you at the stop light fool. But you'll probably be pulling into the gas station as I drive past you.

Slow lane? So what? Some lanes have a different speed limit or something? If so that seems a bit weird.

The slow lane is the right-most lane of any multi-lane road. If there's three lanes then, from left to right, its the passing lane, travel lane, and slow lane. Slow lane is for trucks and slow moving vehicles that either cant make the speed limit, or that have hard times making it up hills and shit. Its also for grandmas and grandpas who think they're going fast, but really arnt.

Well here you're always supposed to stick to the left-most lane unless you need to overtake or if the left-most lane takes you off in the wrong direction.

The slow lane is the right-most lane of any multi-lane road. If there's three lanes then, from left to right, its the passing lane, travel lane, and slow lane. Slow lane is for trucks and slow moving vehicles that either cant make the speed limit, or that have hard times making it up hills and shit. Its also for grandmas and grandpas who think they're going fast, but really arnt.

that really is only effective on freeways, interstates, and highways. on a normal 3 lane street off the highway, it is completely useless because there are streets and turn lanes that people turn off.

People with a speeding mentality are some of the biggest idiots I see on the road.

These are the people who roar up behind you and change lanes and floor their gas only to have to stop and slow down considerably unless they intend to hit another car in front of them.

These are also the people who are too stupid to let the vehicle coast to a red light from an adequate distance, and instead press on the gas pedal the entire distance and have to apply full on brakes once they get to it, rather than being able to smoothly transition speeds with sometimes no apparent loss of motion.

Back