Bad news people...Next monday...

jhero

Reaction score
Q: Hey,

I heard that your wife was expecting a child! Congrats! I was just wondering, what are you gonna name him or her? lil' Gabey? lol

Thanks,

kink

A: Erik Johnson is, not me.

And I'm hoping Erik will name his daughter "lil' Gabey."

Q: oh, im sorry for the confusion! Oh so congrats to Erik! hehe, if he named his daughter lil' Gabey that would be so cool! Are you busy right now to answer a question that the answer is very unclear to many people right now?

thanks

kink

A: uh sure

Q: Ok here goes;

Many people on www.halflife2.net boards are eagerly waiting the arrival of the HL-2 Media in Steam. Now they are so curious to know when it will come out that many of them are calling or sending emails like this one. :p So my question is, could you shed some light on if this media will be released today or anyday?

Thanks

kink

A: Fileplanet people get Steam today. Next Monday is when the media gets released.

I also sent the same reply to Erik Johnson and got this

A: In less than a week.

Next week boyz ;(

Sorry but...... LOL. I said I wouldn't mind waiting a week so..... a week it is.

lol, it worked to get an answer didnt it?

:( Next...Monday....:( There definately better be some new shit in there.

Wait, fileplanet get steam ready? You need fileplanet to have steam? Wtf steam do I have then?

No, you have steam.

Edit: Maybe he just meant an official release of Steam. See, Steam was supposed to be released in January, but it was supposedly "leaked" before it was supposed to be released, so they said it really wasn't released, hence no real links on the main site. But they work on Steam and dont mind that people use it, because they need bug testing.

its release of steam on fileplanet, so everyone knows hl2 media is coming MONDAY!

Oh ok. And why did he lie to me about a kid? He told me his wife was expecting in a few months? I'm confussed...need sleep....it's only 2:38p.m....nevermind.

GAH! hmm, so, who gave us false info here ?
btw, is steam released officially on FilePlanet now or what ?

Originally posted by guinny
Oh ok. And why did he lie to me about a kid? He told me his wife was expecting in a few months? I'm confussed...need sleep....it's only 2:38p.m....nevermind.

you must have been talking to Erik.

damn! thats when I leave:flame:
Ill be gone for 2 weeks......well Ill look on the bright side, when I get back there is 2 weeks less until HL2 comes and new footage will be available :cheese:

Dood its time for every one to chip in and hire a cracker!(NO NOT A HACKER) that way we get the demo the full game and all the video to our little hearts content!

Come on its just a few days. till Monday.

So why was there so much so called official news about new content beig out in the "next few days" and then "tuesday the 1st".

Whats all this bull.

Hmmm. So what was "The E3 movies will release in the next day or so." and "July 1st"

Fess up: did you two REALLY get those emails, or were they just guessing, and something came up?

I swear on my familys life that it's the real email I recieved.

mine two, those are the emails i got, why would i lie anyways....im not stupid you know..

What if the E3 movies (direct feed) are coiming out today, and the "new media" (stuff we haven't seen before) comes out next week? These would be a plausible explanation for the seemingly conflicting information.

mark = pissed off now! there beter be some good shit in these next videos or mark will be even more pissed!

Actualy i would settle for nethin they give us! :p

Originally posted by djkanuk
What if the E3 movies (direct feed) are coiming out today, and the "new media" (stuff we haven't seen before) comes out next week? These would be a plausible explanation for the seemingly conflicting information.

i think they would have mentioned that in the emails...

Oh well. Don't want to pester the valve guys too much and get them mad at us. They'll be released when they are released, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Someone at valve should have the decency to release some official info through the official channels to straighten this whole mess out. Its not that hard to email planet HL or some other site and let the whole planet know wtf is going on.

oh crap...another official release of STEAM this aint gonna be good, the last 2 times they have done this STEAM has overloaded and crashed they stopped the service for awhile. Although the only good thing now is that only 1/100 of the actuall bandwith providers for steam are actually running at this point and with a official release we should be getting alot more bandwith providers.

They are under no obligation to tell us ANYTHING 82ross. If it's a mess, it's a mess we created. We'll deal.

I remember the January official release of Steam. Those were good times........... wait no they weren't. No one could join a server, and those who did couldn't get others. It was like that for like 5 days.

If it is actually released officially we can expect the new HL patch very very soon

released officially and they have enough bandwith to provide that is

It all makes sense. They said CS 1.6 was very close to release. This is why they are re realising steam.

Originally posted by Apos
They are under no obligation to tell us ANYTHING 82ross. If it's a mess, it's a mess we created. We'll deal.

If two different people who are part of the project, release different information (assuming all the emails were true) then they started the mess. People on here just shared the info they released.

If the emails were not true then its completely the mess of this board.

Either way is isnt a good situation.

maybe Valve is sitting back in thier charis reading this, laughing.

If two different people who are part of the project, release different information (assuming all the emails were true) then they started the mess.

To them, all they are doing is giving their guesses to single people who wrote to them. They didn't post them on this site or annouce it to the world officially. The only people they owe explanations to are the people that wrote them originally. Period.

It would be decent of them though to clear it up. It would take little effort for them and would save a lot of hassle for this small minority of dedicated fans.

In fact i beyond caring now. I just hope something decent comes out for us soon.

Back to the W3 CS for me.

It would take little effort for them and would save a lot of hassle for this small minority of dedicated fans.

Hassle that we are creating for ourselves. :)

Hmm, didn't I say that the videos won't be releaed today? and who the fk called me things @ IRC??

*angry*:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

So what's this all about? Fileplanet day... erm.. ?

next Monday. today is Fileplanet day.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 12:37 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Final Comments On Video

Hiya Gabe, sorry to disturb.

Would it be possible to get a final stance on the speculative release of new media either today or next Monday. A simple YES or NO will suffice.

I'd like to put the cat to sleep over at www.halflife2.net, I don't know if you read those boards, but the folks are going crazy.

Take care, XXX
http://www.XXXXXXX.co.uk

Back