Barack Obama is the Antichrist

How the hell is Obama the anti-christ?

I hear that alot off-line too and I'm completely confused.

editorial_20090917.jpg

someone who wanted the answer they wanted. that make sense?

Well yeah, but what is their motivation? Was the poll creator a fundamentalist Christian who feels that Obama is the Antichrist? Or is he/she someone who thinks the very idea is beyond absurd, but just threw it in just to see how many pinheads believe it?

love it

edit:
How the hell is Obama the anti-christ?
I hear that alot off-line too and I'm completely confused.

I think it has to do with most fundamentalist Christians believing we are in or near the end times. And since everyone knows that Jesus was a white man, doesn't it make sense that Obama would be the antichrist? But seriously, I have no idea. If I had to take a guess, it would (sadly) be that hes black and a democrat. That, and since he's very popular, people look at this verse and draw a connection:
He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]

People being the anti-christ makes it convenient and easy for them to completely denounce every action the person does without feeling completely unfairly biased towards them like the rest of us see.

I think it has to do with most fundamentalist Christians believing we are in or near the end times. And since everyone knows that Jesus was a white man, doesn't it make sense that Obama would be the antichrist? But seriously, I have no idea. If I had to take a guess, it would (sadly) be that hes black and a democrat. That, and since he's very popular, people look at this verse and draw a connection:

Thats not it at all. Religious nuts call anything they hate the devil/anti-christ. They've been doing it long before Obama was on the scene.

Well, when I think anti-Christ, I think figures like Napoleon and Hitler, who not only were very popular and had many followers,
but also were pro-active military leaders and was able to cause widespread destruction and suffering before some other countries' military puts them down like a dog.

Sure, Obama may be well-liked and has a powerful military at his disposal, but he's not much for the military or genocide. At least to my knowledge.

Thats not it at all. Religious nuts call anything they hate the devil/anti-christ. They've been doing it long before Obama was on the scene.

True. It just boggles my mind that, as far as we have come as a civilization, we still throw out these kind of absurd accusations. And not just by one or two nut jobs either. 30 percent? The population of NJ is 8.6 million, and with some rough mental math, that would mean (potentially) over a million people in one state alone believes this. One million. that is depressing.

True. It just boggles my mind that, as far as we have come as a civilization, we still throw out these kind of absurd accusations. And not just by one or two nut jobs either. 30 percent? The population of NJ is 8.6 million, and with some rough mental math, that would mean (potentially) over a million people in one state alone believes this. One million. that is depressing.
It's easy political leverage for the Republicans though.

yes it is, especially since there are plenty of simpletons who wholeheartedly believe this

In an M. Night Shyamalan like twist, it will turn out that jesus was actually the anti-christ.

The anti-christ will supposedly rebuild a temple for themselves to reign as god in Jerusalem.

I think THAT is the point, and only then, that people start calling somebody the anti-christ.

Dumbasses.

And besides, it's not like you can ****ing STOP the anti-christ... only god can, according to the bible. So what's the point in getting your panties all up in a bunch, because by the time he does reveal himself you'll be raptured away already you stupid ****s.

Seriously... I have this knowledge because I was one of the god damn crazies!

So...if someone were to, say, rebuild that temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself as God, according to scripture only God could stop him?

Brb.

Also I like what that guy had to say; it's funny that even Christians rail against fundamentalists.

So...if someone were to, say, rebuild that temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself as God, according to scripture only God could stop him?

Brb.

Also I like what that guy had to say; it's funny that even Christians rail against fundamentalists.

I'm just saying what the bible tells Christians about these events that are supposed to happen.

In reality we 'can' stop anybody and no events are guided by a divine hand.

Isn't New Jersey supposed to be Hell?

And Interstate-35 is supposed to be a holy highway.

In reality we 'can' stop anybody and no events are guided by a divine hand.
I think it's worth a shot. Odds are you get stopped, but maybe you won't. Maybe...maybe you do become God...I think that's worth trying to build a temple over. Couldn't hurt.

Well I mean aside from if you get stopped and an angry mob kills you.

Also it's a losing game anyway because the same cosmic system that ensures your temporary invulnerability will then ensure your absolute downfall at God's hands.

I bet that guy gets a lot of death threats every week. Still I like the cut of his jib, esp the way he just outlines the fundamental truth that these people are basically thick as shit.

Old news, tards have been sincerely saying that at my school for months.

Don't alot of Fundies think the antichrist will be Jewish?

Isn't New Jersey supposed to be Hell?
Actually, isn't there a district in NYC, NY called Hell's Kitchen supposedly because at one point crime was so notoriously bad there?

I think there really is, but I got that from Deus Ex and TrueCrime:NYC tbh.

Yeah, i also saw that in the film "sleepers" as well.

Back