Battlefield 2142 game details

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
* Infantry will also be more powerful in Battlefield 2142, thanks to active camouflage, which sounds like something that players can acquire. Active camouflage "cloaks" the infantryman and makes him invisible. The downside is that you create a distortion in the air when you move, and you cannot use weapons when invisible. Still, this means that you can sneak up behind someone, decloak, and then stab the person in the back with the trusty Battlefield knife, which is always good for an instant kill.

* Pods will launch infantry into the air so they can attack Titans, as well as reach other otherwise inaccessible areas.

* There are only four classes in Battlefield 2142 (compared to seven in Battlefield 2): recon, assault, antivehicle, and support. However, these four classes will be customizable, thanks to the persistent character system.

* You'll be able to unlock even more items in Battlefield 2142, such as weapon upgrades, so you can attach a silencer or a scope to a certain weapon. You will also be able to mix and match your equipment and gear, so you can choose which grenades to take along, or you may know what your opponents are carrying and customize a weapons load to counter them. The more you play the game, the more you'll unlock, and the greater your customization options will be.

* new game mode: Titan mode gets rid of all the objectives and tickets. Instead, each team has a Titan, sort of a floating aircraft carrier that was originally designed to move large numbers of people and goods away from the ice. The Titans were militarized, and these floating platforms are now piloted by each team's commander. They're armed with various weapons, but, more importantly, they serve as a spawn point for infantry and vehicles. To win Titan mode, your team has to destroy the other team's Titan while protecting its own. This won't be easy, though, as the Titan can move around. To destroy it, your team has to assault it by having the infantry board it via pods and then battle inside the corridors of the Titan, destroying various security checkpoints. Once the checkpoints are cleared, you gain access to the nuclear reactor powering the Titan and plant explosives on it

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefield2142/news.html?sid=6149123

probably wont be released till early 2007

probably wont be released till early 2007
I doubt it - it will release in November if not before to steal ETQW's thunder - the latter is the sole reason it is being made

the article says this winter ..winter begins Dec 21st ...so technically it could be 2006 but most likely 2007

Not interested in this one at all. its simply a modified BF2. I think they should start on developing BF3 with new engine, and new tactics.

Love to see some new vids of ETQW at the E3.

Gorgon said:
I think they should start on developing BF3 with new engine, and new tactics.

I am quite sure development of BF3 already has been started by DICE Sweden. Correct me if I am wrong but this game isn't done by the core DICE Battlefield team. It was the same with BF: Vietnam. That was done by DICE Canada.

CptStern said:
* You'll be able to unlock even more items in Battlefield 2142, such as weapon upgrades, so you can attach a silencer or a scope to a certain weapon. You will also be able to mix and match your equipment and gear, so you can choose which grenades to take along, or you may know what your opponents are carrying and customize a weapons load to counter them. The more you play the game, the more you'll unlock, and the greater your customization options will be.

BAH. Ranking works counter gameplay. It makes turds behave even more like turds. Plus it makes custom content servers severly underpopulated, since everyone seems to care more about points than actual fun.

Grey Fox said:
BAH. Ranking works counter gameplay. It makes turds behave even more like turds. Plus it makes custom content servers severly underpopulated, since everyone seems to care more about points than actual fun.
True, but it keeps people playing for far longer than normal. So theres upsides and downsides.

Yeah, the Titan thing sounds awesome. To have to be boarded by infantry pods... how big are these things going to be? I was imagining dropship sort of things until I saw that.

Sounds very cool.

Back