Be spoiled or not...

How will you behave with information from the official HL3 announcement to the release day ?

• Total voters

10n02

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
Just another useless question to keep this forum alive.

Here is a dilemma that I have, and I would like to know what you guys will do.

The B) sounds difficult but it would make the release day, the most beautiful day of our life.

Well in my case I'll have to do the most research that's possible! :p

I don't mind the spoilers much. I always enjoy riding along with Valve.

I want to do B.) but I know I wont be able to resist. Maybe I watch 1 or 2 main trailers or so and then dont watch anything else. Or if we are lucky the release is not that far away from the announcement.

I don't think there'd be enough information avaible for the game to be really spoiled for me. If anything, I'd get hyped up.

Then I would have to stop procrastinating and finally write down every single story I had come up with during these 4 years since my first playthrough of HL2 and I'll probably then play bingo with "how HL3 would be like" scenarios I had created. I really have a hard time making them "stable", every day something is different about them :D Probably none will match though, but who knows.

And I do have to admit I grew warmer to the fact that HL3 will eventually be released, butIstillwantL4D3tocomeoutfirst. :D

If I were to wait for HL3 however, then B), I would love to be surprised by Volvo.... but not in Ep 2. kind of way, if you know what I mean. Seriously, it was like the first time when I felt something for a video game character/s xD

I think trying to work out how you'll react to any kind of official Half-Life news is crazy and pretty clearly demonstrates why I feel so many people will be disappointed regardless of how good or bad the end product is.

Just calm down, forget about it and move on to other things until the time comes, then worry about the game itself and how it looks, not your own imaginary version of it.

Then I would have to stop procrastinating and finally write down every single story I had come up with during these 4 years since my first playthrough of HL2 and I'll probably then play bingo with "how HL3 would be like" scenarios I had created. I really have a hard time making them "stable", every day something is different about them :D Probably none will match though, but who knows.
watch out that you dont spoil yourself by thinking too much about its plot xD

I think it's almost impossible nowadays not to be on top of the events. Pretty much anything Valve does turns into a "possibly HL3 confirmed?!?!?!?" hype.

Unless you have other serious stuff happening in RL, then it's easy to not even notice. Or if you are young enough now to know what HL is anyway.

I think it's almost impossible nowadays not to be on top of the events. Pretty much anything Valve does turns into a "possibly HL3 confirmed?!?!?!?" hype.
Force yourself to step away from it then. It's honestly not difficult. Learn to filter out the times people are deliberately trying to hype you for the sake of their own personal benefit *cough cough* and turn away.

Yes, that's true. I usualy stay away from Valve news in general as I would rather just be surprised one day and see that the game is out.

But then again I'm afraid I will be senile when that happens...

Last edited:
Back