Ben Stein - "We are an under armed country"

Cuts to the defese budget? GOOD! The defense budget of the US of A is bigger than all the other military budgets in the world combined FFS.

Ben Stein sounds like a child. Completely dismissive and evasive of any point anyone tries to make against his ideas.

Countires that disappeared because their defense spending was too high? What did happen to the Soviet union and the DDR?

Also, research the Georgian conflict some more, don't believe everything Saakashvili tells you.

Bueller.

We are an underarmed country. Do you have any idea how many wounded veterans are coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan? It's atrocious.

I say not every American is adequately protected until they are able to purchase AA launchers and purchase mines both personel and vehicular as well as C4. HOW THE **** ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO EXERCISE YOUR PATRIOTISM WITHOUT GOD DAMN C4.

America, never cut back on defense spending. We know that you are the only thing that stands between us and the hordes of communists and freedom-hating evil people. Without you, our forces would have a hard time repeling the unccountable hordes of communists, Chinese, Japanese, North Koreans and every nation that is near us; the whole point of geopolitics is to recognize that everyone around you is the enemy and wants to enslave your people. America is the only friend we have. Without America, we would live in daily fear of the hegemonic aspirations of Red China, the newly rising imperialist quasi-fascist militarism of modern Japan, and the religious fundamentalists that are a threat to the entire world. That's how I veiw the world anyways, and I doubt that you could find anyone that rationally thinks we'd be safe without the existence of the US.

I'm not going to say that America is underarmed; that's not true. But that doesn't mean they should start.

We are an underarmed country. Do you have any idea how many wounded veterans are coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan? It's atrocious.

I say not every American is adequately protected until they are able to purchase AA launchers and purchase mines both personel and vehicular as well as C4. HOW THE **** ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO EXERCISE YOUR PATRIOTISM WITHOUT GOD DAMN C4.

We have so many casualties cuz we try to play nice....

We have so many casualties because we fight so many wars.

We have so many casualties cuz we try to play nice....

We abide by international law of military engagement because we're not the only ****ing fish in the sea. To do otherwise is to turn the world against us, potentially in a very bad way.

The best part of that interview was when Ben said that US troops are still in Europe because Russia might invade.... Assuming that Russia WOULD the few US troops present wouldn't make much of a difference.

Do you have any idea how many wounded veterans are coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan?

They knew what to expect when they signed up; they're soldiers. Why is it that any casualty of war is unacceptable these days. Did anyone honestly think that the enemy would be showering peace and love. If you cannot accept the fact that your time in the Army, Navy, Air Force won't involve you returning back home in a Casket (or not), then don't join. I can understand bitterness in past wars where drafting and conscription were the name of the game in much of the western world, but you generally have a choice these days

Assuming that Russia WOULD the few US troops present wouldn't make much of a difference.

That's true, however the US can provide air support anywhere in the world within 24 hours.

They knew what to expect when they signed up; they're soldiers. Why is it that any casualty of war is unacceptable these days. Did anyone honestly think that the enemy would be showering peace and love. If you cannot accept the fact that your time in the Army, Navy, Air Force won't involve you returning back home in a Casket (or not), then don't join. I can understand bitterness in past wars where drafting and conscription were the name of the game in much of the western world, but you generally have a choice these days

I don't think you understood raz's post.

Ben Stein is a moron. I already dismissed him when he made a "documentary" about how American universities do not want creationist professors teaching biology. Any hope of him making a point was buried under childish use of infamous video footage to victimize non-theists.

Ben Stein is a moron. I already dismissed him when he made a "documentary" about how American universities do not want creationist professors teaching biology. Any hope of him making a point was buried under childish use of infamous video footage to victimize non-theists.

t_se8thv8r.jpg

He also said the other day that Obama should run as a republican in 2012. On that I actually agree with him.

The best part of that interview was when Ben said that US troops are still in Europe because Russia might invade.... Assuming that Russia WOULD the few US troops present wouldn't make much of a difference.

Germany, France and Britain combined, would rip Russia a new asshole if it tried to invade the EU.

Since we're an underarmed country we should put more spending into deodorant.

I am kinda scared about what he means by that, It's like he is saying that we need a MEGA army now.........and I can only thinking this willl end in world domination

Back