Best Batman movie?

What's your favorite Batman movie?

• Batman (1989)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman Forever (1995)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Dark Knight, hands down.

I used to think the original Batman from 1989 was the best, it's been dethroned.

I made my brother watch '89 batman before we saw Dark Knight. Guess which he liked better?

I really enjoyed Batman Forever when I was younger, watched it again the other day and it shows it's age now, oh dear. I would have voted it the best if I hadn't seen it again, so for all the things that make a good film you can't take much away from TDK.

Dark Knight followed by the Tim Burton films. Batman Begins was a bit too vanilla for me. Joel Schumacher's flicks are a travesty.

Begins!

Having seen TDK about 7 times now (what can I say? I work at a cinema), I can definitely say that BB has a better flow to it. There are some bits in TDK that could have been saved for a Director's Cut.

You need to chill out! *fires ice gun*

Meh. I'm not a fan of Batman. I have watched some movies tho.

If it weren't for the recent release of The Dark Knight, I would have gone with Batman Returns.

Torn between Dark Knight and Begins, and I'm actually leaning towards Begins.

Of course everyone is gonna vote for TDK.

Tonight's forecast......a freeze is coming!

TDK, but prior to its release I would have said Tim Burton's Batman. Although I do hold Batman Returns in a special place in my heart.

Or groin, perhaps. Catwoman. Phwoar.

I love begins and TDK, and hard to make up my mind. So i just went with begins to give it a point.

The Dark Knight.

Followed closely by Begins.

Taking my personal bronze is Returns.

The Dark Knight (2008)

Duh... Whoever voted otherwise is an idiot.

Batman begins tbh because it had actual fight sequences. TDK is a good film, but the fights were dismal, + I agree with whomever said it flows much better than TDK. Even at eleventy hundred bum numbing hours TDK just rushes along like a intercity train without ever pausing for breathe. It's important to actually pause in a film occasionally.

Here's a thought, why not provide a critical rationale as to why it's the better film rather than merely blanket disparaging everyone who thinks otherwise? It's not enough to merely say 'It's the best', one has to propose an argument to support the assertion. :dozey:

Batman begins tbh because it had actual fight sequences. TDK is a good film, but the fights were dismal, + I agree with whomever said it flows much better than TDK. Even at eleventy hundred bum numbing hours TDK just rushes along like a intercity train without ever pausing for breathe. It's important to actually pause in a film occasionally.
Agreed, and Batman actually goes on a journey in the first film, with the whole part with him becoming Batman. TDK is just him going from fight scene to fight scene - wherever the joker points. Boring.

The Dark Knight (2008)

Ordinarily I also tend to be from the "My opinion is law" mindset, but Dark Knight and Begins are both amazing, and even selecting one of them as the favorite is what ought to be going on here. So let's concede that anyone who doesn't vote Begins or TDK is an idiot. Sound fair? ;)

Here's a thought, why not provide a critical rationale as to why it's the better film rather than merely blanket disparaging everyone who thinks otherwise? It's not enough to merely say 'It's the best', one has to propose an argument to support the assertion. :dozey:

Ordinarily I also tend to be from the "My opinion is law" mindset, but Dark Knight and Begins are both amazing, and even selecting one of them as the favorite is what ought to be going on here. So let's concede that anyone who doesn't vote Begins or TDK is an idiot. Sound fair? ;)

I should have been more clear. I meant anything but Begins or Dark Knight. Which is better between those two, yes it can be argued but comparing them to the old movies is a joke.

Honestly? Come on.... why post a poll when you know what the answer is going to be? You didn't think that the film that grossed over 500 mil in 5 weeks and is the most hyped thing ever would be the winner? I detect this being Dark Night fanboyism which is starting to annoy me, i loved ledger and it was a great performance, but christian bale was an un-interesting batman, the story was just tangle of twists, and it felt choppy... i know ill be pinned to the wall for saying this, but really

Honestly? Come on.... why post a poll when you know what the answer is going to be? You didn't think that the film that grossed over 500 mil in 5 weeks and is the most hyped thing ever would be the winner? I detect this being Dark Night fanboyism which is starting to annoy me, i loved ledger and it was a great performance, but christian bale was an un-interesting batman, the story was just tangle of twists, and it felt choppy... i know ill be pinned to the wall for saying this, but really

Call me crazy but I don't usually think about polls as caring about a "winner" so much as seeing the contrast in opinions. Obviously the older movies shouldn't be considered 'better', (which is why anyone who votes for them is a moron) but there's a definite niche who prefers Begins to TDK. I'm part of that grouping, and I'd prefer to talk about that rather than piss and moan about fanboyism. You're on a forum where I'm estimating that roughly 60% of the members would, if given the chance, fellate Gabe Newell. These people are prone to fanboyism. Get over it, and tell me what you really liked about Begins. :p

I actually somewhat prefer the Tim Burton Batman movies to the Nolan ones, even though I enjoyed both Begins and TDK immensely.

Call me crazy but I don't usually think about polls as caring about a "winner" so much as seeing the contrast in opinions. Obviously the older movies shouldn't be considered 'better', (which is why anyone who votes for them is a moron) but there's a definite niche who prefers Begins to TDK. I'm part of that grouping, and I'd prefer to talk about that rather than piss and moan about fanboyism. You're on a forum where I'm estimating that roughly 60% of the members would, if given the chance, fellate Gabe Newell. These people are prone to fanboyism. Get over it, and tell me what you really liked about Begins. :p

Lol, but unless you live in a bubble, you'll know that over 95% of the people are gonna say "DARK NIGHT! OMG!", which is not completely bad, but come on, its so obvious who people are gonna like the most... And why are we now talking about gabe newell? *pictures gabe in bat costume*, hell yeah, ill call myself a valve fanboy if it really just means i like them a lot, but fanboyism can clearly be applied to the people who go on imdb and give DK a 10 star rating with no proper evaluation, just to see it as the number 1 movie of all time.... But come on, better than godfather? godfather II? One flew over the cuckoos nest? shawshank? about 50 more????

But come on, better than godfather? godfather II? One flew over the cuckoos nest? shawshank? about 50 more????

Why not? Who are you to say that it shouldn't rightfully be, to some people, a film they prefer more? I much prefer TDK to all of those films and hell, I didn't even enjoy TDK as much as I wanted to. I prefer Begins, if I'm honest.

Back