Best Buy randomly calls and hires me... drug test in 48hrs HALP LIFE 2 DOT STNRS

drug test to work at Best Buy? it's not freakin Nasa

actually the only job I can think of in canada that has a drug test is commercial pilot. also you're screwed

Target is Canadian-based, aren't they? I know they do drug tests (here at least).

That job and becoming the manager of a 'restaurant' were the only times I've had drug tests. It's not "super" common here, but it does happen in places where it shouldn't matter.

This kind of thing pisses me off no end. Companies just love to bugger you around, not get back to you, do whatever they like, and then phone you out of nowhere one day before the job was due to start expecting you to jump to attention immediately, when, under the impression you had not been picked, you might already have made other plans...

Our time is valuable. Your time is nothing. If you want to work for us, you will drop everything else and love us with all of your heart. So what if you're just stacking shelves?

Yeah but the market right now is in favor of companies right now and they know that if they don't get you theres 10,000 other people they could try. Will hopefully flip into the consumers' favor when there is more jobs than there are people searching.

wish I could find that clip of seinfled where elaine asked seinfeld mother to switch the urine test and dont get the job cuz the result showed she have the metabolism of a 60 years old woman

Target is Canadian-based, aren't they? I know they do drug tests (here at least).

no they're american

That job and becoming the manager of a 'restaurant' were the only times I've had drug tests. It's not "super" common here, but it does happen in places where it shouldn't matter.

I dont know of a single person who's ever gone for a drug test. I'm assuming it's limited to high stress jobs like air traffic controller etc. it's almost completely unheard of in canada

no they're american
I dont know of a single person who's ever gone for a drug test. I'm assuming it's limited to high stress jobs like air traffic controller etc. it's almost completely unheard of in canada

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/04/ontario_court_strikes_down_canadas_marijuana_laws.php
An Ontario court has struck down Canada's marijuana laws. The court struck down laws against possessing and growing cannabis as part of a ruling that found the country's medical marijuana program is failing to provide access to the herb for patients who need it.

lucky bastards, sounds more fun than US all ready

I know everybody's all "Well that's rediculous, it's not Nasa or the police academy!", but i'd imagine that at a job like best buy, there's a chance you'll be using the forklift/other random heavy machinery in the backroom. That, and like 90% of your job involves dealing with customers, and i'm sure they've got some standards as far as company image goes.

I d of thought the same thing when I got in at Safeway, but now they get me using all the forklifts and pallet jacks in the back, unloading the shipping containers and shit, and i'm almost always talking to people on the floor.

I know everybody's all "Well that's rediculous, it's not Nasa or the police academy!", but i'd imagine that at a job like best buy, there's a chance you'll be using the forklift/other random heavy machinery in the backroom. That, and like 90% of your job involves dealing with customers, and i'm sure they've got some standards as far as company image goes.

I d of thought the same thing when I got in at Safeway, but now they get me using all the forklifts and pallet jacks in the back, unloading the shipping containers and shit, and i'm almost always talking to people on the floor.

You have a point, but you deserve to be fired if you actually go to work high. During freetime though, you should be free to do what you want as long as its not "hard" drugs

Following all the serious doctor/pharm advice and reputable source ideas I've heard - strict fibrous and minimalist diet, constant cleansing while retaining high vitamin levels, fiber + water / cranberry juice and finally a high creatine / caffeine and vitamin based beverage 2 hrs before test follows by the same amount of water - pee once before actual test, pee again while not letting the first bit of the stream enter the cup but start mid-piss and proceed to fill.

Hope this work or I guess I'll have to call up and claim 2nd had or false positive or find myself another job right away before other peoples come home from uni. Thanks for the help folks

@Sulk - completely agreed, it's horribly frustrating. If I'd had proper noticed I would have postponed my visit altogether.

Wow, illegal narcotics must be a real problem in the US. Over here, not even the army screens for drugs.

But anyway, hope everything works out for you. It'd be a shame if your self-induced torture-detox didn't work. D:

Probably at costs of 300 ~ 1500 times more than at the US. It's definately illegal, twice a year I hear of some foreign exchange student or celebrity being busted for posession of narcotics.

You know, if it wasn't for your psychotic half brother up there, you guys would be prime.

I hope you get the job, BroHeadCrab!

On another note, I wonder what employee would be worst, an alcoholic or a heavy dopehead.

Not saying BHC is either, I'm just pondering.

You know, if it wasn't for your psychotic half brother up there, you guys would be prime.

Not quite sure what you mean, but thanks anyway. :p

Now I suppose all we have to do is wait for BHC to post?

Probably at costs of 300 ~ 1500 times more than at the US. It's definately illegal, twice a year I hear of some foreign exchange student or celebrity being busted for posession of narcotics.
Cannabis isn't a narcotic.

I quote Wikipedia

"When used in a legal context in the US, a narcotic drug is simply one that is totally prohibited, or one that is used in violation of strict governmental regulation, such as PCP or marijuana."

I hope you get the job, BroHeadCrab!

On another note, I wonder what employee would be worst, an alcoholic or a heavy dopehead.

Not saying BHC is either, I'm just pondering.

I'd call both of them equally worthless.

I wonder whats worse, a murderer or a rapist?

it is in South Korea:

The nation had a law related to the control of Marijuana to regulate those smoking the material since 1965, but the law was absorbed into the law governing narcotics in 2000. Currently, people smoking Marijuana are thus punished as narcotics criminals.

despite not being one: it's a hallucinogen

but south korea is backwards ass/totalitarian anyways

Cannabis use, in all forms, is strictly forbidden in South Korea and you risk imprisonment and hefty fines if you are caught. Something else that is different – you do not have to be found in possession of it. Police have the right to search you anytime they choose and they will test your urine or hair follicles for the presence of THC

I quote Wikipedia

"When used in a legal context in the US, a narcotic drug is simply one that is totally prohibited, or one that is used in violation of strict governmental regulation, such as PCP or marijuana."

Yeah, well that's their opinion. ****in narcs and their schedules

Get results in the next 72 hours. Oh gad. At least I can eat and drink normally again.

At least it's over, man. You don't have to piss in any more cups. Celebrate with a doob. If you don't I will. My mom got twinkies yesterday. **** yEar

I'd call both of them equally worthless.

I wonder whats worse, a murderer or a rapist?

A murderer is worse in my opinion, since I've seen people that have been able to get on with their lives after being raped, you can't really get on with your life if you're dead.

And here I was about to suggest that you eat a shit ton of asparagus and beets.

Don't smoke any weed. You might get a do over if you can convince them it was a misstake.

I passed the UA and got a job as a sales associate. Haha being white is awesome

Back