Best Finale

All the stuff has been mentioned before. Save, perhaps... hmmm.

Half-Life 2. There's just something that gets me about trying to do the finale really, really fast. Bunnyhopping your way up the dark fusion reactor and blowing it sky-high before Breen even gets past the first floor is darkly amusing. As is all three gunships exploding at once.

Psychonauts. "On a personal note, i would like to reiterate how extremely, extremely sorry I am, for stealing all of your brains and trying to take over the world. Mistakes have been made."

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. Ending cinamatic with all the voices is just... so cool. It's amazingly funky.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Just sitting on the steps and chillin' with Ken after the massive fight, with blood everywhere and all over the carpeting. Especially doing it in a pimp suit.

Shenmue
70-Man battle, awsome!

Oh my god! Somebody mentioned it! :D 70-Man battle was awesome. God damn i loved that game.

Also:
Zelda: OOT
Zelda: WW
MGS 1/2/3
HL1/2/ep1
GTA 3/Vice City

Both Max Payne games had GREAT endings.

Wheel of Times wasn't bad.

Half Life 1 (HEllloooo)

and you can kill me for this, but Unreal 2's ending was surprisingly good. Not what I wanted, but good. (Only if you actually spent hte time to get to know the crew)

Oh yes...Prince of Persia: Sands of Time...Awesome ending.

Mafia... It was so sad. :(

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Best game ever.

Also, the last battle on Zelda: Wind Waker was pretty awesome.

Max Payne one had a good ending. Max payne 2 however, Spoiler--------------------------------

when that chick shot him, it didn't make much sense really. I think a far better ending would have been had he shot a baddy, just as she entered the room behind him and the bullet went through the guy and hit her, would be very sad and more fitting than her shooting him.

Ahh i loved that game. Never had (money was low as a child :() it but i remember playing the demo lots :D

I've never really thought of that. Which Klonoa game? As far as I can remember there has been no game in the series named simply Klonoa?

SPOILERS!
Ocarina of Time. The tower collapsing followed by an epic fight with Gannon is just something you never ever forget. And hugely impressive for the N64.

Man... I want TP.
I thought it was too drawn out. You have the repetative Gannondorf fight which was OK then the tower collaping was cool if zelda could be a little annoying and then the fight with Gannon again seemed stretching it a little. And when Bigeron's sword suddenly stopped working it was just annoying!

Half-Life 1 / OP4 (Moreso HL1)
Great, you fight the last boss and after defeating him you get a really atmospheric speech from the g-man and the final choice.

Half-Life 2
The entire chapter was brilliant and I won't even bother stating why.

Episode 1
The strider scared the crap out of me (as large enemies tend to do) and running through the cargo area was great. And then you get the eye-candy.

FEAR
The visions, confronting Fettle and fighting those ghosts was great (I didn't realise until the very end that you could actually kill them, previously I just ran like hell. The explosion and final shock where OK but I prefered the bit before.

Halo
It may be a cliché but the timed drive was really great IMO.

Deus Ex
IIRC I went for the merge with Helios ending first, they where all great though.

Hitman Contracts
You start the damn level with a swat team running at your room. Brilliant level.

I'll try to think of more...

ohh...almost forgot...

Freespace 2....AWESOME game overall...awesome ending as well

Best game finale?

Couple that stand out for me....

Deus ex
Half-life 2
Metal Gear solid 2.
The Halo finale was pretty good, but the level design was a little stupid.

Half Life 2? Are you kidding me? The ending didn't explain jack sh**. All that happened was a cool little explosion. The Half Life games are great but I don't think they'll ever be remembered for great endings/finales. Deus Ex's was awesome and plus you could choose from like 4 different ending paths which was cool.

Hitman Blood Money's "alternate" ending was good too. The explosion at the end of F.E.A.R. was breathtaking and really made you think..."oh crap". And I'm trying to get to the end of system shock 2, but I'm stuck on the first level, and too scared to continue. Lol

Half Life 2? Are you kidding me? The ending didn't explain jack sh**. All that happened was a cool little explosion. The Half Life games are great but I don't think they'll ever be remembered for great endings/finales. Deus Ex's was awesome and plus you could choose from like 4 different ending paths which was cool.

Hitman Blood Money's "alternate" ending was good too. The explosion at the end of F.E.A.R. was breathtaking and really made you think..."oh crap". And I'm trying to get to the end of system shock 2, but I'm stuck on the first level, and too scared to continue. Lol
The ending of FEAR is an even bigger cliffhanger than HL2 :\

And come on, you can't honestly say that the entire last chapter was awesome. From Breen's office to fighting in the reactor it was all great.

Half Life 2? Are you kidding me? The ending didn't explain jack sh**. All that happened was a cool little explosion.

I'm talking about the whole chapter. And erm, yes it did. Also, the System Shock 2 ending is terrible, along with the final...umm, boss.

Even though i love System Shock 2. The ending is the worst part of it. And the final boss as well.

Even though i love System Shock 2. The ending is the worst part of it. And the final boss as well.

Doesn't have much to do with "Best Finale" though, does it?

(Boy do I sound a c*nt.)

Half Life 2? Are you kidding me? The ending didn't explain jack sh**. All that happened was a cool little explosion. The Half Life games are great but I don't think they'll ever be remembered for great endings/finales.

It tied everything together. Half-Life 1 ended on a cliffhanger, it would be sort of disorienting of HL2 had an ending that explained everything. Plus, it left a good place for Episode 1 to start.

Yeah, same here. But you can't deny *spoilers*Oleander's*/spoilers* speech was brilliant. Or that, you know, fighting a combination of your mental demon and his mental demon in a gigantic circus tent made of meat. Well, really a whole circus made of meat.

/EDIT I'm not sure i emphasized enough that the entire final level is fought in a circus made of meat.

It tied everything together. Half-Life 1 ended on a cliffhanger, it would be sort of disorienting of HL2 had an ending that explained everything. Plus, it left a good place for Episode 1 to start.

Plus, it reminded you of you're place in the universe. He could be plucked away at any moment.

Doesn't have much to do with "Best Finale" though, does it?

(Boy do I sound a c*nt.)

Yes, because it's the final battle. :p

My best finale was in Half-Life: FullLife Consequences 2!

John Freeman saw the next boss far down the road and walked slow this time. He walked really slow like a turtle and sat down on a rock and watched the next boss near the dead last boss and where the place that Gordon Freeman was. The next boss was laughing at John Freeman so John Freeman said "YOU WILL NOT LAUGH AT ME!" and shot a rocket at him since that was his weakness.

The next boss died and John Freeman was happy. He walked over to the dead bosses and put them under the ground and planted pants on them so instead of messy dirt and dark there was pretty things there now to be happy.

John Freeman walked to where Gordon Freeman was lying dead and crushed from the next bosss feet and looked down. A tear droped out of John Freemans eye and landed on Gordon Freeman.

"You are dead bro and i killed the evil boss." John Freeman told Gordon Freeman

Then John Freeman saw something bad. A headcrab was on Gordon Freeman! Gordon Freeman standed up and said "John Freeman... you got here slow and now i am zombie goast. you will pay..."

More seriously though, I thought HL probably had the best ending.

Fallout had one of the most awesome endings in the history of gaming, however, it won't cast shadow on Half-Life simply because of their different genres: FPP and cRPG.

But if I had to put a list together:

1. Fallout/Half-Life
2. Beyond Good & Evil
3. System Shock 2
4. Max Payne 1/Max Payne 2
5. Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (Brotherhood of Nod)

Yes, because it's the final battle. :p
What I mean is that the thread is not called "Worst Finale". Nor "Best/Worst Finale". So mentioning a crummy ending doesn't make much sense. May seem like nitpicking, but hey, that's what they invented the internet for.

Back