Best HL2.net avatars, your vote

Valteq, thanks. Although, two problems. One, it sorta loses quality except for the first frame, and two, I can't select it as my avatar, even from a URL. Possibly cause it's too big?

Does anyone else want to try to help me with my avatar? I really liked the opposite rotation that Valteq did, it just doesn't seem to like being an avatar. I tried to do it, but results were shameful.

EC, it's because it's WAY over the file-size limit... it's 200 frames! :eek:

you could always try to make it only do a quarter turn but in such a way that it ends at the same position as it starts (middle's vertex doesn't move ;)), that could help.

CyberSh33p said:
you could always try to make it only do a quarter turn but in such a way that it ends at the same position as it starts (middle's vertex doesn't move ;)), that could help.

the problem is his design is weird and has odd colors.

Also, i've had much bigger animations than this as my avatar, remember my christmas one? :p

The problem is all the colors, that's what's taking up so much room.

EC, here's a crappily optimized one... I apologize for my laziness... :p It could actually have about twice as many frames without going over the limit, but I got carried away...

Oh, and it spins like mega fast... :LOL: It's still cool, though...

Letters said:
EC, here's a crappily optimized one... I apologize for my laziness... :p It could actually have about twice as many frames without going over the limit, but I got carried away...

Oh, and it spins like mega fast... :LOL: It's still cool, though...

i dont know why but as soon as i looked at that i bursted out laughing :LOL:

this is as good as it's going to get I think, unless you redraw the source image, whatever it is :p.

Also, i'm just going to steal it for today because i'm too lazy to change back, and it's official that I can steal it anyhow today ;).

yall jsut jelous of my avatar.. its not mine
but my real one pwns

What the hell is with everyone stealing avatars these days... have i missed somthing???

edit: i found the thread, Doh... :p

Thank you very much. It worked. And to top it all off, I have a fan club!

<3 Valteq (Tim)

Epyon said:
mines the best.. becuase no one knows what it really is.. and also becuase it just is.

From Ringu, d'uh.

omni said:
From Ringu, d'uh.

He stole Fenric's. And it's Ring, not Ringu!
/me kills the person (or people) who translated it and released it in America as "Ringu"

Anyhow, his old avatar was some.. .. thing :|

CptStern said:
who has the best avatar in our community?

we have some pretty creative avatars here. I personally like ...sorry I cant remember his name ...but the guy with the moving eyebrows ...that's just funny. The Jackal avatars everyone seemed to have just gave me seizures. Direwolf's is pretty cool ..although I'm unsure what exactly it is. Comrade Badger's is kinda cool ...it's hypnotic. bAbYhEaDcRaB's 1/2 too avatar is funny. I'm sure I missed some of the better ones out there. What would you say is the best avatar in our little community?

edit: oh and try not to vote for yourself. Let's praise each other instead

yay you mentioned mine

/me gets honored and turns red

I like yours too :D

DESSTROYER said:
Updated Avatar, its AVATAR-X FROM SillyZONE!

I miss the sillyzone... that was the best server ever... and someone needs to update avsecret_b1 so it can be played on any server = ( that was the best map ever!

Originally Posted by CptStern
who has the best avatar in our community?

we have some pretty creative avatars here. I personally like ...sorry I cant remember his name ...but the guy with the moving eyebrows ...that's just funny. The Jackal avatars everyone seemed to have just gave me seizures. Direwolf's is pretty cool ..although I'm unsure what exactly it is. Comrade Badger's is kinda cool ...it's hypnotic. bAbYhEaDcRaB's 1/2 too avatar is funny. I'm sure I missed some of the better ones out there. What would you say is the best avatar in our little community?

edit: oh and try not to vote for yourself. Let's praise each other instead

Is the moving eyebrows one a reference to me??? as in my pre valve one...i feel so touched...but he forgets my name.... a forum nobody still....;(

Rupertvdb said:
Is the moving eyebrows one a reference to me??? as in my pre valve one...i feel so touched...but he forgets my name.... a forum nobody still....;(
Honestly, I don't even think he was reffering to you. :cool:

man...for a second i thought i was a somebody, and now this. I may just have to keep this Valve thing so people read what i say.

I made mine myself when I was bored. It reminds me of stained glass.

Also, it teaches people how to say my name.

Feath said:
I made mine myself when I was bored. It reminds me of stained glass.

Also, it teaches people how to say my name.

Just like teeth isnt it?...

Joeyslucky22 said:
I win, hands down.

now praise me.
lol no way, i just added the same one as yours to be my avatar, didnt know anyone had it.

I like Joeyslucky22's and/or (Big Fat) Pauly's.

As I said before somewhere, it has the rare quality of getting funnier the longer you look at it. :LOL:

Back