Best. Zombie. Flick.

Best. Zombie. Flick.

• Total voters

joule

Tank
Reaction score
I love everything zombies, as you probably already know. I have every zombie movie ever made, and my favorite being Dawn of the Dead (1978). It is a classic and Romero's best film.

What is your favorite out of all the zombie films out there? I only listed the best and popular.

And don't even ask my why I didn't include Resident Evil: Apileofcrap or House of the Dead as one of the options. :flame:

None of those. My favorite is Peter Jackson's "Brain Dead," which was released as "Dead Alive" in the United States.

Resident evil. The zombies act like zombies.

were is the whole evil dead trilogy as abom has said. I vote evil dead 1/2 and army of darkness.

28 Days Later- Something that came from my dreams. So beautiful yet scary (Didn't scare me too much though)

If you want to get technical 28 Days Later is not a zombie movie. Zombies are people who come back from the dead. People don't become zombie until after they die. In 28 Days Later people got infected and acted like zombies but they never actually died. If they died before they transformed then they wouldn't come back. So technically they weren't zombies :p. I voted Shaun of the Dead because I loved it :thumbs: but 28 Days Later comes in second place.

Pressure said:
If you want to get technical 28 Days Later is not a zombie movie. Zombies are people who come back from the dead. People don't become zombie until after they die. In 28 Days Later people got infected and acted like zombies but they never actually died. If they died before they transformed then they wouldn't come back. So technically they weren't zombies :p. I voted Shaun of the Dead because I loved it :thumbs: but 28 Days Later comes in second place.
I know. Technically, it isn't. But most people oftenly refer it as a zombie movie, and I didn't want to leave it out in light of people complaining that there wasn't, 28 Days Later, as an option.

Pressure said:
It was still a damn good movie.
Hell yes, it is!
My second choice for the best zombie film would definitely be 28 Days Later, right under the original Dawn of the Dead. :)

I haven't seen all of them so I'll hold off voting for now. I have seen the original Dawn of the Dead, the remake, Resident Evil, and Shaun of the Dead. I love zombie movies though.

i just watched Shaun of the Dead over the weekend. I didnt realize it would be such a zombie movie, I thought more like just picking fun (which it did, alot). Shaun of the Dead = kickass comedy/zombie movie

lol, plan nine from outer space was funny for awhile. but it just got soo stupid after awhile, but still a good film to watch if you want a laugh

Hokay... The way I see it this is a very unbalanced poll, before having people decide what the greatest zombie movie is, it is important to note that a lot of the people here have not seen all of these movies, especially the true Romero trilogy. I can profess to have seen all of the movies on the list and posess one of the few votes for day of the dead, my personal favorite of the bunch. The fact that Resident Evil as any votes at all shows that that was the movie they recently saw, thought it was scary (probably because they had never seen proper gore) and cast their vote. Uneducated masses do not make for proper polls.

Ok, that was fun.

Dead Alive <----why was that not included? It's easily the best zombie/comedy of all time. I mean it's a Peter Jackson movie, don't tell me you haven't seen it?

If it was an option then I would vote House of the Dead since it is the most hilarious movie ever.

Pressure said:

If you wanted to get really technical, a true zombie film would be about a voodoo priest putting someone into a deathlike coma with tetrodotoxin from a pufferfish, then digging them up after they'd been buried, reviving them with an antidote, and then keeping them as drugged slave workers by feeding them zombie cucumber.

In movie terms, I'd say a zombie is any creature altered from the norm by the addition of a ghoulish nature and a tendency to shuffle, moan and screech.

28 days later was a great movie. I've seen it several times. It got my vote as well :)

Back