Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
As if an arcade version of Left 4 Dead wasn't enough, zombies will also be invading the Counter-Strike series later this year in a new title by Valve publishing partner, Nexon. Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies, set for release as a PC exclusive on Steam in Q3 of 2014, will introduce "countless undead" into the free-to-play multiplayer action of Counter-Strike: Online.

CSZombies.jpg

Multiple new weapons, maps, and gamemodes are set to be introduced alongside the classic Hostage Rescue and Bomb Defusal modes, all of which will see teams battle it out in a competitive environment while also fighting off ways of fast-moving zombies, potentially adding another layer of strategy to the traditional Counter-Strike formula. While the game is being developed by Nexon, Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies is an officially licensed game promoted by Valve themselves, as recently mentioned by Valve's VP of marketing, Doug Lombardi.
Today we are announcing the latest creation from Nexon in the Counter-Strike world, one that builds upon years of success in developing CS Online in Asia. This title showcases that work in new, zombie, and classic form."
-Doug Lombardi​
Given these comments, it's very likely CSN:Z will run on a modified version of a zombie mode which already exists within Counter-Strike: Online, Nexon's own free-to-play version of Counter-Strike which has been very popular in the Asian PC gaming scene for a number of years. No concrete release date for the game has currently been set, but the Q3 2014 window has us thinking the title may be fittingly released sometime prior to Halloween.

Stay tuned to ValveTime to learn more about this interesting new free-to-play Counter-Strike spin-off if and when we learn more.

wait wait wait....so whats going to happen to CS:GO?
Nothing, CS:GO is Valve's own game, CSN:Z is Nexon's. CSN:Z sounds like a more casual, free-to-play spin-off focused entirely on zombies, whereas CS:GO is still the super serious, competitive FPS it always has been.

CSN:Z being integrated in to CS:GO itself would be amazing. I need my skins for murdering zombies with. Either way, a CSO game coming to North America is awesome in itself.

I dislike this. It will confuse people why there 2 CS games at the moment and why 1 of them is really good and the other is shit. If it will be good, hmm okay, still they should give a different name. And if its bad I will blame Valve, cause they publish it, they must make sure it is a quality product.

If you think Valve publishing a game is a measure of quality, I'd like to direct you to the last 18 months of the New Releases page on Steam.

If you think Valve publishing a game is a measure of quality, I'd like to direct you to the last 18 months of the New Releases page on Steam.

what?

I made a joke about how Valve distributes some really shitty games. I.e., most of them.

I made a joke about how Valve distributes some really shitty games. I.e., most of them.
but those games arent published by Valve. This one is, like they published Left 4 Dead for Turtle Rock, or Half-Life Addons from Gearbox. Also this time its more complicated cause the game has also the name Counter-Strike, so we have 2 counter-strikes at the same time.

Except this isn't published by Valve, it's developed and published by Nexon. The game is simply licensed from Valve.

Wow. I'm actually interested in a game about zombies again, joooy. But really friends, you are giving me kinemortophobia. Joking aside, I'm fairly intrigued by this edition of Counter Strike, a game which I've never played and don't want to, at least now. :sorry: I hope Nexon knows what it's doing, maybe I'll also try CS:GO if it won't suck. :coffee:

*insert argument about semantics*

*induction of alcohol*

*tears*

Also, CS:GO is pretty cash. I like it. It's neato.

Except this isn't published by Valve, it's developed and published by Nexon. The game is simply licensed from Valve.

okay maybe Im exxagerting. But its Nexon, I dont think its going to be good or at least have a fair free2play modell. Imo this project just doesnt make sense.

Back