Beware of the new Gametrailers preview

Breen: The adviser are taking things into their own hands (or claws) now that Breen's gone.

Damn this video is stunning. I just love what the advisor does to the barrel right before he goes on with the rebel :O And of course, the shield of debri is awesome.
If this is a weak Advisor on life support, what in earth will a healthy one be like!? I mean this guy flew like a rocket.. Guess we'll get in some serious battles

I think they've got the anti-grav thing on them that makes them do that.

Also, as for the Advisors coming, I'm pretty sure there where some on earth before Freeman showed up.

Yeah, you can see Breen "talking" to one during the teleporting accident.

What's the worst he could do?

Not much, seeing as he's under the control of the advisors. I always thought he was just a figurehead for the Combine, rather than having any real management power.

I wouldn't have though the Combine would have left a human in direct control of Earth... but OK. I can't see any alternative to that, anyway.

How much control he had over Earth is worth speculation. Advisors were clearly present on the planet, residing in the Citadel. And if he'd been out of line, I think you can be sure they would have removed him. Besides, he's shown himself as more than willing to cooperate. He even admires the Combine, if purely from a standpoint of scientific awe. He'll do what's told of him because he thinks assimilation is the best (if not just the only viable) course to take.

Besides, giving Breen a position of power puts an intelligent, eloquent, seemingly compassionate, and distinctly human face on the occupation. It gives people something they can relate to, understand, and even become convinced by. Try accomplishing that with a space grub. :|

So there were advisors on Earth before HL2, watching over Breen. Then they sent more, like a... backup management team or something, once things started getting out of hand. Makes sense, I suppose.

Also, as for the Advisors coming, I'm pretty sure there where some on earth before Freeman showed up.

They've probably been in the Citadel for some time before Gordon arrived in City 17. Who knows for how long time

of course they were, they couldnt of sent more during the uprising of city17 because all combine teleport technology is bust thanks to 'super grav gun' as i call it

3 different? I know of the original, and the one you linked...

It was surely great to be here and see it first-hand. I was pretty surprised, actually, by what Valve did. The scene was so cinematic... I was amazed by the effects they introduced to the game and the use of cinematic physics in that scene. It's mind-blowing! Heck, I can't wait to play this game even more!! It would be lovely if Valve would put up a video from this presentation on Steam, but I'm sure it won't happen as that was the game running live there in Leipzig. Only two months to go :p

Back