Beware of the new Gametrailers preview

Holy ****ing hell. Half-Life is going to change my life again. My legs got weak...

This is going to run great on my dual Nvidia geforce 8500 512mb :cheese:

Psh, 8800GTX :p

On a serious note, it looks great. Did anyone notice that when the player got shot, you saw blood splatter too?

Eh well anyone looking to buy a PC, I have one that ran HL2 just fine up for sale, 750US.

Also, I liked the sounds the Advisor made when hurt.

EDIT: Also, I got a look at those patches. They look like a white Combine elite logo on an orange armband...

Geforce 6200 here! Just as crappy, but with teh DX9 support0rz!!!11111oneoneone

I can totally bully my card and force it to go dx9, and surprisingly it works. With a nice permanent 10 fps :LOL:

Also I keep telling you that the new soldiers are simply

these
akvyshhlwx.jpg

Just with brighter armor colors and elite logos.

nice find, but wat are they, a new class?

Psh, 8800GTX :p

On a serious note, it looks great. Did anyone notice that when the player got shot, you saw blood splatter too?

What about the ATI HD 2600 (512 MG)?

Yes, I did notice that. In my opinion, I appreciate it, but I did find it a tad bit "blocky" or out of place. For example, I found it too red-ish. But, of course I highly thank Valve for it's hardwork, I'd just work a tad more on the detail and colouring of the blood.

WOAH! In the IGN vid, when Gordon dies, did you guys see the portal on the right??? Its fully active or somethin, cause its actually going down to the ground...

Yeah, it's in most of the videos the Super Portal. There's a big spire of energy firing upwards into it.

This was just wow...:eek:

A few things I've noticed:

1.This is the same area that we see in the beginning of gameplay trailer 3.

2.We do get a new flashlight and it really lasts longer.

3.The hunter self destructs, and dissolves when you kill him.

4. The combine still use APCs

3.The hunter self destructs, and dissolves when you kill him.

Only if you hit it with it's own dart.
I have a feeling that advisor is special maybe it does something to you or the resistance later in the game since it did escape.

Yes, I did notice that. In my opinion, I appreciate it, but I did find it a tad bit "blocky" or out of place.

If my whole body was covered in a suit that basically makes me a walking tank, I don't think blood would be coming out of me.

What, precisely, does "hitting him with his own dart" entail? It looked to me like The guy playing the game simply grav-gunned a barrel at the hunter at roughly the same moment it fired it's darts.

Is that really all it takes to drop a hunter?

I'm pretty sure he wasn't playing on hard.

Also, I thought the darts stuck to the barrels, and then they exploded when he fired it back.

HOLY SHIT. The graphics seem to be way better then EP1. :O

HOLY SHIT. The graphics seem to be way better then EP1. :O

I thought so too. I had my doubts about whether Ep. 2 could hold its own against the next gen games. But now I think, in a lot of ways, it still can.

They are better in almost every way except for that blood. But time will tell on that one.

What, precisely, does "hitting him with his own dart" entail? It looked to me like The guy playing the game simply grav-gunned a barrel at the hunter at roughly the same moment it fired it's darts.

Is that really all it takes to drop a hunter?

Yeah, you have a point there. If that is all it takes to defeat hunter it is going to be easiest enemy in the game (except maybe stalker). I hope that barrel thing was a bug.

There were about 6 darts in that barrel.

2 direct barrel hits + 6 darts kills one, I guess.

I think that blood effect is the same one from the TF2 trailer. I don't know what the hell they're thinking, but I hope they see the light and switch back to the old effect... if they were to actually release that sh*t and everyone hated it, would they be able to revert to the old one with an update?

Yes, they would. It would change the effect in an update through Steam.

As for the console users, I'm not too sure.

Damn this video is stunning. I just love what the advisor does to the barrel right before he goes on with the rebel :O And of course, the shield of debri is awesome.
If this is a weak Advisor on life support, what in earth will a healthy one be like!? I mean this guy flew like a rocket.. Guess we'll get in some serious battles

Yeah, you have a point there. If that is all it takes to defeat hunter it is going to be easiest enemy in the game (except maybe stalker). I hope that barrel thing was a bug.
A: The hunter was already damaged and there were many darts in the barrel.
B: You won't always have ideal physics objects to use as a shield to collect the darts.
C: You would have to be able to get to the hunter, or have a clear shot at it, very quickly (ie, before the darts go off), which won't always be possible.
D: There is going to be more than one hunter attacking you at once. So when you're busy blocking one, the others are going to be shooting you in the back.

The narrator said
that the advisors were sent here to deal with the trouble caused by us in HL2 and Ep1. That doesn't make sense... the advisors were already here in Ep1, it's the hunters that were sent to deal with Gordon and Alyx. Especially seeing as the advisors are always being protected by the Combine.

Yeah, and besides, it takes an excessive barrage of bullets to take the bloody things down. On a serious note, I think I'm staring to go insane - the EP2 release date is taking it's damn time :( And on top of that, Gears of War for PC is taking me over the edge too.

The narrator said
that the advisors were sent here to deal with the trouble caused by us in HL2 and Ep1. That doesn't make sense... the advisors were already here in Ep1, it's the hunters that were sent to deal with Gordon and Alyx. Especially seeing as the advisors are always being protected by the Combine.

How doesn't it make sense? Trouble in HL2. That means they could have arrived during the Street war. Hunters sent to deal with Gordon and Alyx? How'd you figure that one.

the difficulty of the hunter isnt going to be one hunter that is easily dispatched with a toilet to the face, but several hunters together with stiders/transhuman troops all gunning for the bloke in the bright orange suit.

on a further note, i wonder if you can crossfire the hunters darts to stick in other combine? would be neat.

How doesn't it make sense? Trouble in HL2. That means they could have arrived during the Street war.

OH SHI-

Hunters sent to deal with Gordon and Alyx? How'd you figure that one.

I'm sure I read it somewhere.

OK, I suppose it makes sense that the advisors were sent keep an eye on the rebellion or provide better management or something... the only way I think of them helping is by ordering the forces around. That begs the question though, who was in charge earlier?

Back