BF2 Screwed Up All My Games

xzeox

Reaction score
I installed BF2 a few days ago. All my games worked before i did. But when i played BF2 online, it would crash exactly 4 minutes into the game. Then all of my games started doing the exact same thing. I uninstalled BF2 and they still all crashed exactly 4 minutes into the game. I took my new ram i installed out, turned the computer on with 256mb ram, then played a game and it still did the same thing. Then i put the 256mb ram back in so i was back to 512mb. This time, when i played the games, they didnt crash. They worked fine. But my friend wanted to see if BF2 would work now that the games werent crashing, so we reinstalled it. The exact same thing is happening again. I tried doing what i did before (take the ram out and put it back in) but it failed to work this time. Now im stuck with all my games crashing even though i uninstalled BF2 and tried the technique that i used before. But i have come out with no luck. The games worked fine before i installed BF2, and im not sure what to do now.

My System Specs Are--

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclnt_qfe.010827-1803)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: DIM4500
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/18/02 13:31:28 Ver: 08.00.00
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 218MB used, 1031MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

i need some help...

Sounds like you had some existing problem that BF2 just made worse. Whether its software or hardware even though I can't say.

How much free space do you have? Try defragging...if not then deleting windows and starting over with a new partition and a fresh copy of windows will make it all better.

Back